• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
3 Links.
0/10
:troll:

In all seriousness though, being a semi-clone doesn't matter really.
Yeah, but Sakurai said there would be cuts, and semi-clones seem like the most likely choices to be cut, aside from Snake.

I would cut Midna + W. Link with another Zelda character, like maybe Ganon, Tingle, or Vaati. Overall I think the roster is fine.
I just feel she has more of a chance. I dunno.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I wouldn't have cut Wolf. Mario has 5 characters now.

Lucas I can see. Although I still have hope of Mother.

Lucario is important in the new X and Y game, I do support Mewtwo.

I never thought about Pac-Man, I may include it in my roaster.

I like the rest of it though. Remember that it is very hard to predict this kind of stuff.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Well just because Link and Zelda have the Twilight Princess design, doesn't mean the Midna and Wolf Link duo is likely. :p
Yeah, but they're also unique, and Rosalina has proven Sakurai wants uniqueness. Maybe he'd keep designs from TP to get unique newcomers. It's a stretch, but maybe. Just maybe.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, but they're also unique, and Rosalina has proven Sakurai wants uniqueness. Maybe he'd keep designs from TP to get unique newcomers. It's a stretch, but maybe. Just maybe.
Well they are definitely unique, but he's going to probably gonna pick characters from a veteran series that have popularity and importance, Midna is not that. And it doesn't seem like Sakurai would be looking for random characters like Midna, Ghirahim, and Geno.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Starting rosters eh?

I decided to hell with it and made Ness and the Captain starters again, I also put Marth there since he was actually revealed before any other FE characters, new or old. I figure Villager would be a starter while Miss Fit would be the unlockable, I also think Rosalina would be unlockable. Takamaru is there since he's my guess at the retro, and both Pit and Ice Climbers were starters in both Brawl and Melee.

And then here's my newest full roster, I decided to add Lip back instead of a fifth Zelda character. The rest of my choices are the same as usual.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Okay, I have a new prediction roster with no Victini this time. Here it is!

I will explain the ones that don't make sense to most.
  • Midna is added mainly because of TP designs being dominant over SS or ALBW. I have a feeling that Midna might be getting in the game. And Wolf Link? Midna could be even more unique with him, a mount that actually jumps. *glares at Excitebiker*
  • Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii are as good as confirmed. That leak made it pretty obvious that they all are getting in. Besides, every character has a little evidence. Little Mac has the boxing ring, Pac-Man has Namco-Bandai, and the Mii has that Find Mii stage. Naysayers say that the guy posted it as a "prediction", but really, they're just in denial because they don't want Mii or Pac-Man in the game.
  • Wolf being cut is due to him being a semi-clone. And Falco? He has seniority, and is arguably more important. Sorry lonekonwolf.
  • Lucario being cut... Well, I don't know if every Pokémon from Brawl is returning, and if one is cut, it would probably be him. Yes, he got a mega evo, but every veteran is important as of now (except Jigglypuff, but she's a shoo-in). Lucario, I would say, is a possible cut, though.
  • Lip over Takamaru? Well, Nintendo Land is a big deal, but Sakurai thinks of PdP as a masterpiece, and what Sakurai thinks is more important than small cameos in recent games.
  • Lucas being cut is due to him being a semi-clone of a dead franchise.
  • Diskun is obviously the "historical" character, and he's the only real competitor besides Daitoryo (who I feel is a Smashboards-created concept Sakurai never thought of) and Sheriff (who uses guns which Sakurai wouldn't do). So yeah, Diskun is probably getting in.
*puts up flame shield* Okay, now I'm ready to be judged.
1: while I love you for putting wolf link in, he is practically dead in chances
2: a rumor and a only half true leak has no basis, they only get chances through their merits, and just because Namco Bandai is working on the game doesn't mean they'll get one, even sakurai fully stated it out, not saying he has chances on his merits, but using Namco as evidence is false
3:
insta.png
,but seriously sakurai is not cutting wolf for rather lesser importance characters like midna and diskun, its going a step backwards, and semi clone status doesn't matter for being cut, if it did why is toon link still in when he is just another link in appearance, importance, and moveset
4: understandable, but lucario got back some major importance in pokemon X&Y, he's not likely to be cut
5: don't know what to say here, any retro character is good and I don't know their exact chances, and I personally prefer lip over Takamaru
6: What? that is just an terrible excuse, seriously cutting lucas is worst than cutting wolf, and I just said that!
7: no one knows if there will even be an historical character, especially one that lacks importance as diskun, he is probably not getting in
all in all, i'll give you 2.5/10
some bad choices, pac man over snake will never happen and is just a bad idea, and cutting wolf, lucario, snake, and especially cutting lucas, this is just bad overall

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
But If she was separated or turned into impa would it really be that bad if the character is still esentially there? Even just moving transform to the d pad could free up at least one new special.

We always go on about new characters and what not, but I feel like hardly anyone wants change for the characters we had previously. Am I the only one who wants some honest to god changes to spruce up these characters? since we are going to be playing as them again for probably close to another decade, I want new aspects to look forward to, but as of right now other than bowser and pit almost all the rest seem exactly the same. It just bothers me to see so many want an exact copy of everything we had before
Maybe. But Sheik was initially added to make Zelda unique from the cast and be the first transformation character of the series. Plus as far as Sheik goes, I personally don't think it makes sense to separate them because they're the same person.

Impa isn't nearly as important as her supporters make her out to be. If they add Impa as a newcomer and give her Sheik's moveset, that's hardly a newcomer. I want characters who have appeal, and are different (I can't explain Chrom with that mentality. admitting it now) from what we have. Putting in Impa in that respect eliminates that sentiment.

Plus, just switching Sheik out for one move is hardly anything that changes her. Clearly she's keeping many of the moves she has always had. Not every character needs a change. The ones that need change are those who are clones or broken (good or bad). Including, Ganondorf and Falco. Bowser was also a member of this group but has since been changed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Okay, I have a new prediction roster with no Victini this time. Here it is!

I will explain the ones that don't make sense to most.
  • Midna is added mainly because of TP designs being dominant over SS or ALBW. I have a feeling that Midna might be getting in the game. And Wolf Link? Midna could be even more unique with him, a mount that actually jumps. *glares at Excitebiker*
  • Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii are as good as confirmed. That leak made it pretty obvious that they all are getting in. Besides, every character has a little evidence. Little Mac has the boxing ring, Pac-Man has Namco-Bandai, and the Mii has that Find Mii stage. Naysayers say that the guy posted it as a "prediction", but really, they're just in denial because they don't want Mii or Pac-Man in the game.
  • Wolf being cut is due to him being a semi-clone. And Falco? He has seniority, and is arguably more important. Sorry lonekonwolf.
  • Lucario being cut... Well, I don't know if every Pokémon from Brawl is returning, and if one is cut, it would probably be him. Yes, he got a mega evo, but every veteran is important as of now (except Jigglypuff, but she's a shoo-in). Lucario, I would say, is a possible cut, though.
  • Lip over Takamaru? Well, Nintendo Land is a big deal, but Sakurai thinks of PdP as a masterpiece, and what Sakurai thinks is more important than small cameos in recent games.
  • Lucas being cut is due to him being a semi-clone of a dead franchise.
  • Diskun is obviously the "historical" character, and he's the only real competitor besides Daitoryo (who I feel is a Smashboards-created concept Sakurai never thought of) and Sheriff (who uses guns which Sakurai wouldn't do). So yeah, Diskun is probably getting in.
*puts up flame shield* Okay, now I'm ready to be judged.
• I like your character count.
• I'm very certain Midna will not be playable. Sure Rosalina got in with being unique and whatnot but she is in more than one game. Midna has not so I feel that despite her popularity, I heavily doubt anything beyond an Assist Trophy.
• Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii have better reasons than the supposed "leak". I will accept them in your roster, but that alone as your reasoning isn't enough.
• I heavily doubt cuts will happen at Sakurai's will. Wolf is a very popular Star Fox character, and is even more different from Fox than Falco is. If anything, Falco is the more obvious semi-clone. So, I believe that cutting a Star Fox character (and not having anybody to replace said character to make for that) is unforgivable. I suggest you reconsider that.
• Lucario is in a similar situation, but with Mewtwo returning in his place it's a little bit easier to swallow. Still, I think Lucario will return.
• I prefer anybody over Takamaru, so this is fine with me. But Lip getting in over Takamaru because of Sakurai's preference and personal naming of her franchise as a "masterpiece" isn't a good reason for her to be in a fighting game.
• Again, as I mentioned with Wolf. If you're cutting a character, somebody has to be added to compensate for that which you didn't do. I also heavily doubt that Ness's intended replacer would be removed at all.
• People tend to forget that our Surprise / Hardware (I prefer to refer to them as this) character (Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B.) is the Wii Fit Trainer. Diskun being added in for that reason specifically is particularly unnecessary, I personally recommend reconsidering this decision as well.
• There is nothing that prevents Snake and Pac-Man from co-exisiting, so that's something I felt that I need to bring up because you never mentioned why Snake was gone.

You have interesting characters, but for the wrong reasons I feel. That's how I judge it anyways.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Maybe. But Sheik was initially added to make Zelda unique from the cast and be the first transformation character of the series. Plus as far as Sheik goes, I personally don't think it makes sense to separate them because they're the same person.

Impa isn't nearly as important as her supporters make her out to be. If they add Impa as a newcomer and give her Sheik's moveset, that's hardly a newcomer. I want characters who have appeal, and are different (I can't explain Chrom with that mentality. admitting it now) from what we have. Putting in Impa in that respect eliminates that sentiment.
I dont think they should be separated either for that very reason, but id be fine with a new character being there in place. Imo Impa would be about the same thing as us getting toon link, i dont really see a difference since people have accepted that but they cant see sheiks moveset going elsewhere since it wouldnt be quite the newcomer they wanted?
Plus, just switching Sheik out for one move is hardly anything that changes her. Clearly she's keeping many of the moves she has always had. Not every character needs a change. The ones that need change are those who are clones or broken (good or bad). Including, Ganondorf and Falco. Bowser was also a member of this group but has since been changed.
Its a small change sure, but change enough maybe for the better, we cant know until we break a few eggs and i think its high time we did. Hell we might not even get a revamped ganondorf for the very reason that people cant take a change like zelda not having sheik, what good does that do us then just to appease everyones preferences from before while not moving forward to keep us enthralled with new potential from past characters? I definitely see where your coming from though, im no impa zealot like diddy, but i do want some change from the zelda cast and that would be something id like to see, even though im not confident that kind of change will take place, tradition for traditions sake seems to be a theme.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Xeno was rolling today, GJ

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux well thanks for showing that it is indeed an assist, sigh..... looks like zelda is gonna have trouble again since she doesn't look like she's getting any buffs, it'll be all shiek all the time. I wanted shiek standalone and zelda buffed but ok. the transformation thing doesn't really work since its all shiek all the time but w/e.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

These were and are still my thoughts on what the starting roster could look like.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux well thanks for showing that it is indeed an assist, sigh..... looks like zelda is gonna have trouble again since she doesn't look like she's getting any buffs, it'll be all shiek all the time. I wanted shiek standalone and zelda buffed but ok. the transformation thing doesn't really work since its all shiek all the time but w/e.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I like switching between them during a match. I do stick with just one sometimes, but I use them both about the same amount.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Due to the whole pessimism of spoilers, I am not expecting any unlockable characters.
That'd be a real shame, but I can see where you're coming from here.

But that would make me really miss the Challenger Approaching screens, those were great.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I can't speak for anyone else, but I like switching between them during a match. I do stick with just one sometimes, but I use them both about the same amount.
Yeah sorry I was talking competitive wise. no one really uses zelda that much.... and if she stays the same well I expect moar shieks. Just wanted to see her buffed I mean bowser needed it and is getting it, same with link sorta. I hope zelda gets it too.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah sorry I was talking competitive wise. no one really uses zelda that much.... and if she stays the same well I expect moar shieks. Just wanted to see her buffed I mean bowser needed it and is getting it, same with link sorta. I hope zelda gets it too.
Who's to say she hasn't been buffed? You don't need completely new moves for buffs, her old moves could get more power or less lag, some of them might even work a bit differently. Sakurai already showed that her side tilt has sharpness to it now instead of sparkles, it could mean it's stronger.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hmm, well that picture is very telling. If that is exactly the same pose that Zelda uses for ATs then it definitely hints at the prospect of Phantom Zelda being one. The only things that give me pause is having another Zelda as an AT like that as well as the second picture with the same pose, but the latter could be argued to be a manipulation of the situation if the same is said for Phantom being a move.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Who's to say she hasn't been buffed? You don't need completely new moves for buffs, her old moves could get more power or less lag, some of them might even work a bit differently. Sakurai already showed that her side tilt has sharpness to it now instead of sparkles, it could mean it's stronger.
I'm just worried all she's getting are style points. Yes the properties could be changed, that said din's fire is an easy move to predict and dodge. Her up smash can be DI'd out of etc. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom