• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Has there been any other pictures with that boxing ring stage? Or is this the first?

So much lack of activity and topics here, I'll be back playing 3D World then. :p
I should be more productive and enter in your friend codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I never really payed much attention to this stuff until recently, because my friend wanted me to join this with him. I came here to learn mostly so I can get more into SSB.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I finally got it, I bet I forgot at least one person that already was confirmed. I should be able to explain my decisions.

View attachment 6250

*People in red are the characters that have to be unlocked.*

I should have put Mii next to Random. :?: :joyful::smash:
This roster is good except for a couple of things.

• Ike is not going anywhere and especially not for Chrom.
  • The fact that you have Waddle Dee as higher priority is mind blowing.
  • You can't remove just ONE character.
  • Mario has too many characters and Rosalina isn't going to be a starter, that's for sure.
  • Ridley shouldn't be a starter either
  • You don't have any retro characters. I suggest Takamaru or Lip
  • If you're gonna show Male Wii Fit Trainer then you need to show Female Villager

Everything else is fine, but you should probably add Mega Man.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

While I'd usually argue that having no Retros is fine, having one or two seems to be what we are getting. Taka or Lip seem to be the biggest guesses from what I see.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just realized if that if sakuri included melee vets in the "there will probably be cuts" quote from July, that means he's probably going to make an effort to get some melee veterans back. Some means more than one.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I just realized if that if sakuri included melee vets in the "there will probably be cuts" quote from July, that means he's probably going to make an effort to get some melee veterans back. Some means more than one.
There's no reason to fear Brawl characters will get cut. Because he said he doesn't have time to bring back "Every character that's been in previous Smash gameS." That includes everyone from Melee. But, that doesn't mean he's gonna TRY to. The only characters that will have a chance of making it back are Roy and Mewtwo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sure, a screenshot of what?
Pick up an assist trophy using Zelda for a wonderful surprise.

[collapse=Hint] After Zelda releases an assist, she pulls off almost the exact pose that she does in the picture with the Phantom. I'm still looking at it right now, but I can't get a screenshot myself, it would be wonderful evidence towards the fact that the Phantom is indeed an assist trophy.[/collapse]

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Alright, looks good, but one thing.
Wii Fit Trainer will probably be a starter, at least in my eyes.
Thanks for watching. :)

And I put Wii Fit Trainer as an unlock able because she's an oddball out, unique character that Sakurai found necessary to reveal AFTER the first trailer.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Thanks for watching. :)

And I put Wii Fit Trainer as an unlock able because she's an oddball out, unique character that Sakurai found necessary to reveal AFTER the first trailer.
Oh yeah...
If WFT is the token WTF character, it's tradition that she is unlockable.
Hm.
And WOW you actually mentioned Chrom.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Pick up an assist trophy using Zelda for a wonderful surprise.

[collapse=Hint] After Zelda releases an assist, she pulls off almost the exact pose that she does in the picture with the Phantom. I'm still looking at it right now, but I can't get a screenshot myself, it would be wonderful evidence towards the fact that the Phantom is indeed an assist trophy.[/collapse]

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't get why Sheik would leave. Smash has kinda become her/his home, like Captain Falcon or Ness. She/he is a Smash original, has a great moveset and overall stats, and is an iconic character in the LoZ franchise. Sakurai's kept her/him this long, why cut her/him now? Why not do it in Brawl when Sheik was no longer relevant? And why would he use Impa, who is largely forgotten, despite her numerous appearances. Because of Skyward Sword, which happens to be the lowest-selling 3D Zelda title of all time? She would be a semi-clone? Why not just keep Sheik then. I know I'm beating our side of the dead horse, but it needs to be said one more time. Besides, I like my horse meat bruised. :)
@ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace That I could live with. Good job and welcome to the boards.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Thank you, could you get one zoomed out some more with the assist in the frame so Diddy won't have any way around this?
This is almost a perfect match though:

You caught her when her left arm was a bit more straight, but it does bend just as in this picture. Phantom confirmed for assist trophy. :troll:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

• Ike is not going anywhere and especially not for Chrom.
  • The fact that you have Waddle Dee as higher priority is mind blowing.
  • You can't remove just ONE character.
  • Mario has too many characters and Rosalina isn't going to be a starter, that's for sure.
  • Ridley shouldn't be a starter either
  • If you're gonna show Male Wii Fit Trainer then you need to show Female Villager

Wait, why on earth wouldn't Rosalina be a starter, especially as she is a newcomer, NON third party character that was revealed at a point when we don't even know what the specific release date is? It would seem pretty pointless to spoil unlockable Nintendo newcomers at this point when we haven't even had all of the starting roster revealed.

Everything else I agree with.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Yes, I know I didn't organize it well. I should add another column. I added Paper Mario because Paper Mario basically has its own series. Also, there was a Toon Link and Young Link. If they added Paper Mario he would probably have to be unlocked.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Is Paper Mario anything like the regular Mario games? Plus, I can see good potential movesets for him.

Wait, why on earth wouldn't Rosalina be a starter, especially as she is a newcomer, NON third party character that was revealed at a point when we don't even know what the specific release date is? It would seem pretty pointless to spoil unlockable Nintendo newcomers at this point when we haven't even had all of the starting roster revealed.

Everything else I agree with.
I made Newcomers that were already announced in green. Rosalina will be a starter. I'm 95% sure of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom