• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I knew about Mega Man prior to Smash, but I never played a Mega Man prior to that and I still haven't. I'd really like to try one of the old Mega Man games...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Someone on Miiverse asked if people even knew who Mega Man was before Smash...god what is wrong with this generation...
Blame Capcom.
Miiverse is at fault for a lot of things, but this one is the problem of the company not using their Blue Bomber enough.

They kept him out of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and even when they do use him in games they treat him like a joke:

Nevermind what's wrong with the Miiverse or anyone who hasn't played Megaman, what the **** is wrong with Capcom?

OK, here I'll make a topic, if the rest of the newcomers were only from unrepresented series, list 10 to 12 newcomers you would personally pick?
Duck Hunt Dog, Dillon, Isaac, Shulk, Andy, Lip, Prince Sable, Ray Mk II/III, Daitoryo, Tempo, Mallo, Nikki from Swapnote.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Blame Capcom.
Miiverse is at fault for a lot of things, but this one is the problem of the company not using their Blue Bomber enough.

They kept him out of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and even when they do use him in games they treat him like a joke:

Nevermind what's wrong with the Miiverse or anyone who hasn't played Megaman, what the **** is wrong with Capcom?
Pretty sure Mega Man's creator suggested Mega Man to look like that in Street Fighter x Tekken.

But him not being in MvC3 and Ultimate is unforgivable. His cameo appearance in the Days of Future Past stage is such a tease.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Seriously?

I retract my statement then. It's Capcom AND Mega Man's creator to blame for why people don't know who the hell he is on Miiverse.
That and when he does appear, people complain he's boring, even the creator of MvC cut him from 3 because he complained he brought nothing new to the table.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Blame Capcom.

Am I the only guy that doesn't really care what his Blue Bomber looks like? Seriously, I didn't have a problem with this. At all. Though him not in UMVC3 is a crime.
So if I give you this.
will you evolve into a cool raichu? or will you reject it like ash's (lol ash) pikachu did?
My Persona will transmogrify into Yamato-Takeru. :troll:[/quote]

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, let's start a new topic.
I don't believe everyone saw my brand new roster.
Experimental Roster.png

It's an experiment. Ask me why I added some characters, I'll tell you.
Although I only expect this for Krystal and Bandana Dee (BD less so).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So, let's start a new topic.
I don't believe everyone saw my brand new roster.
View attachment 6245
It's an experiment. Ask me why I added some characters, I'll tell you.
Although I only expect this for Krystal and Bandana Dee (BD less so).
Why the heck did you add Chrom Takamaru Lucas Chrom again Palutena Krystal?

Frankly it looks fine. I think I know what the experiment is though and I neither have a problem with Krystal nor am I a fan.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Shulk over Issac? I'm intrigued, please explain.
While Isaac is the hero of a dormant franchise, Shulk is the hero of a brand new cult classic game that looks to be getting a sequel in the form of X.
Shulk represents a brand new Nintendo IP, something that doesn't really come along too often. Not to mention that his popularity in Japan is better than that of Isaac (and a whole bunch of other characters. He's one of the most popular choices!).
Not to mention his big hulking sword gameplay can be very unique (yes, different than Ike's). Think of Magnus from Kid Icarus: Uprising for source, That's how I imagine Shulk playing.
Golden Sun is not very active at the moment, and I feel that Shulk, being the hero of Xenoblade, a brand new Nintendo series, may out-prioritize him.
Not that I don't want Isaac. I wish that both would make it, but I don't know.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If sakuri is looking back at brawls development, he might include Isaac.

But everything you said is completely correct, so him getting in over Isaac may be the case.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Someone on Miiverse asked if people even knew who Mega Man was before Smash...god what is wrong with this generation...
You SEE?! This is why Irrelevant Man was a waste of a slot that could have GONE to someone better...like the computer from Nintendo Land or that one background character from that one eShop game. Those would surely have APPEALED more to the general public.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You SEE?! This is why Irrelevant Man was a waste of a slot that could have GONE to someone better...like the computer from Nintendo Land or that one background character from that one eShop game. Those would surely have APPEALED more to the general public.
You see, this is even more proof that Sakurai doesn't care about the consumers! What we want doesn't matter!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Going to be posting my roster in a few, gotta make sure I don't cut things that I don't wish to cut.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You see, this is even more proof that Sakurai doesn't care about the consumers! What we want doesn't matter!
Only what the "general public" wants matters, and the "general public's" wants just happen to coincide perfectly with whatever was released the least far back into the past.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Only what the "general public" wants matters, and the "general public's" wants just happen to coincide perfectly with whatever was released the least far back into the past.
Even if what was released recently may not have been all that financially successful?:bee:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be fair, recency only plays a role in FE, and Pokemon. It's not even necessarily the deciding factor, but it does play a role.

Otherwise, I don't think Sakurai cares that much. But, if we get Cranky over K.Rool or Dixie god help us all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yep. A character appearing in new games inherently makes a higher quality, more unique newcomer. Just ask every non-Rosalina Mario character ever.
I wonder how high quality Bowser Jr.'s texture would be if he is a playable. His skin would have to share the same quality as Bowser's.

D

Deleted member

I would imagine the texture would be the exact same.
Aside from the addition of the bandana and paintbrush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom