• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So.

I think it's time we had this talk, SmashBoards.

BRUCE SHOWS OFF HIS BOOMSTICK

Wielding an uncanny assortment of B-movie props, Bruce Campbell destroys the competition with his boomstick, skeleton puppets, and Spider-Man video game voice overs.

B - Boomstick - Bruce empties a shell from his mighty boomstick. Deals heavy damage at point-blank range, is entirely useless at any other range. Never has to reload despite only having two barrels.

Side B - Makeshift Hand - Bruce seemingly magically turns his hand into a chainsaw, then runs forward, swinging it like a maniac. Lots of damage, no knockback, tons of lag.

Up B - Raimi Assist - Spider-Man swings in, tether-grabs the nearest ledge, then disappears. If used on the ground, Sam Raimi will appear and throw a copy of Spider-Man 3 at the opponent.

Down B - Little Bruces - Tiny Bruces manifest themselves around Big Bruce's feet, swarming him. If anyone attacks him in this otherwise-helpless state, the little Bruces will swarm them and deal damage over time until shaken off.

Final Smash - Army of Darkness - Skeleton puppets drop in to pillage the area and be generally hilarious! Look out for BadAsh!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Are we allowed to discuss stages here?
Stage Discussion thread is too slow and you guys don't have anything to talk about anyways.

[collapse=Cubivore Stage: The Wilderness]
The Wilderness

I once heard about the idea that Hanenbow may have invented the concept of a "joke stage", in the same way the you could say Jigglypuff or G&W are their respective games' joke characters. I would like the expand on this idea of a joke stage, and take from a game that barely any know about as well. If you're not aware, Cubivore is an action/strategy game with rpg elements. You eat things and mate, and try to dethrone the Killer Cubivore.

In The Wilderness, you fight on three platforms, one medium, one large, one small. The medium one is situated above and between the large and small ones. The large platform is flat, but has a dip with water that only exists for visual reasons. Both the medium and large platforms have polygonal patches of grass that are completely walkthroughable. They do slightly obstruct the view on smaller characters though.

The gimmick of the stage is that occasionally two of the three platforms will go white and become worthless, you won't be able to land on them any longer. Which two platforms go white is chosen at random.

However, you can restore these white lands by eating a wildabug, which spawns after a couple of seconds the two platforms disappear. It will hover erratically around the white platforms, and when it's caught in the air by pressing A next to it, the white terrain will fill in with color. The person who caught it also gets 20% health healed.

The atmosphere of the level is one of the more unique aspects in that it retains most of the graphics from the original game. Besides upping the resolution of the textures, pretty much everything will remain as it is. There will be a green mist in the background, and all the platforms are very low poly. The stage is situated above generic terrain you'd come across in a standard Cubivore level, similar to how Smashville works. Cubivores are be running around and eating eachother and doing usual Cubivore things.

Also, above the stage, there's a text box, and every time a hit is landed, one word in a poem is written out. It could be one of the many limericks that were in Cubivore. This is another purely visual thing. Non-obstructive, of course.

In the end, the stage may look like this.

This is the selection of music. All the tracks are from Cubivore and give off the same unique atmosphere.
Title
Theme 1
Theme 3
Theme 5
Mate
[/collapse]

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
"Doing usual cubivore things"

Look, I'm not going to be able to focus with blocky animals ****ing in the background.

I suddenly have a powerful urge to play this game. Was it on the GameCube?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
"Doing usual cubivore things"

Look, I'm not going to be able to focus with blocky animals ****ing in the background.

I suddenly have a powerful urge to play this game. Was it on the GameCube?
Yup.
Incredibly rare game, kinda repetitive. I'm really nostalgic for it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I treat this as the social thread v2. but it isn't working, too much dead horses, and randomness that isn't funny like that COD thing. but yes it was cool at first. (inb4 someone calls me out)
I suppose that is what it is at this point, it is just more active and on-topic. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah a mistake, i'll keep that way though.

Its either a grab or AT or a move.

I think its a move. Down-b. Shiek standalone. giddy-up horsey
I don't know, her pose in the new leaked pictures looks pretty similar to Sheik's pose if you ask me. I know it isn't an Assist Trophy, but I don't necessarily think it is a special either. Grab might be likely if they are timing the pictures or something. Haha.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't know, her pose in the new leaked pictures looks pretty similar to Sheik's pose if you ask me. I know it isn't an Assist Trophy, but I don't necessarily think it is a special either. Grab might be likely if they are timing the pictures or something. Haha.
Where's the light though? when she transforms there's light and stuff. I'd like to think its a move solely because I like characters getting revamped and she could use a buff so it makes sense, that maybe the phantom could be a way to buff her up. but it could be a grab, we'll have to wait and see.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess we aren't done joking around yet? Well I figured as much. Even with a new character reval, the weekends tend to be slow for us here. So here's a topic that'll bide time until someone thinks of something better.

Dark Samus. Not very likely. But if she/it was added in Smash 4 in the same vein as Wolf, a late addition character that still manages to be relatively different from the character they are based on. How would you react?

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess we aren't done joking around yet? Well I figured as much. Even with a new character reval, the weekends tend to be slow for us here. So here's a topic that'll bide time until someone thinks of something better.

Dark Samus. Not very likely. But if she/it was added in Smash 4 in the same vein as Wolf, a late addition character that still manages to be relatively different from the character they are based on. How would you react?
It doesn't help that no one was REALLY interested in Dedede, everyone was just excited for a reveal. :awesome:

Where's the light though? when she transforms there's light and stuff. I'd like to think its a move solely because I like characters getting revamped and she could use a buff so it makes sense, that maybe the phantom could be a way to buff her up. but it could be a grab, we'll have to wait and see.
That is a good point, I am entirely confident that it isn't an AT, but I am not extremely confident that it is her new down special. On one hand, that is pretty much all it could be; on the other hand, I don't see why he would separate Sheik from Zelda.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

If Ridley was in as well as Dark Samus? The more the merrier I guess.
If there was no Ridley but Dark Samus was included? GTFO

While I don't care for Dark Samus I guess it is a rep for the dark dopplegangers abundant in Nintendo games.

Morbi

Scavenger

While I don't care for Dark Samus I guess it is a rep for the dark dopplegangers abundant in Nintendo games.
I honestly feel as though Dark Samus is more worthy than Ridley.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It doesn't help that no one was REALLY interested in Dedede, everyone was just excited for a reveal. :awesome:
I suppose so. Many of us did have a gut feeling he'd show up around that time. Which makes some of us less hype for him showing up.

Well, yeah. Ridley would be a higher priority on multiple accounts. Being more iconic, more popular, and likely being more original.

That said. Dark Samus is a cool character, as far as dopplegangers go. She's not on Wario's level. But someone who has quite a few different powers to make her standout from her original counterpart.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose so. Many of us did have a gut feeling he'd show up around that time. Which makes some of us less hype for him showing up.

Well, yeah. Ridley would be a higher priority on multiple accounts. Being more iconic, more popular, and likely being more original.

That said. Dark Samus is a cool character, as far as dopplegangers go. She's not on Wario's level. But someone who has quite a few different powers to make her standout from her original counterpart.
Meh, that didn't work out so well for Impa. :troll:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Agreed, if the animations are almost the same as brawl then we should be seeing light and particle effects almost instantly, which with that pose we arent. Its still too early to say but i dont think a new move can be ruled out at all, even though a few think the new photos have proven shes unchanged. For the most part her moves do look to be the same, but we havent seen it all, and just like both link's boomerang we still have yet to see it in any way shape or form.

Morbi

Scavenger
So if I give you this.
will you evolve into a cool raichu? or will you reject it like ash's (lol ash) pikachu did?
That moment really annoyed me, I wanted Ash to have a badass Raichu, but no. His Pikachu was too afraid of change, too afraid of power, too afraid of becoming something he wasn't. It was pathetic really.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So if I give you this.
will you evolve into a cool raichu? or will you reject it like ash's (lol ash) pikachu did?
if he does give it to me, and see if I can evolve my Pikachu . . . I could always use one of those guys around
That moment really annoyed me, I wanted Ash to have a badass Raichu, but no. His Pikachu was too afraid of change, too afraid of power, too afraid of becoming something he wasn't. It was pathetic really.
very, . . . very pathetic

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'd like to think this was the most pathetic moment, ditching volt tackle.
but with ash logic, nothing is safe.

if he does give it to me, and see if I can evolve my Pikachu . . . I could always use one of those guys around

very, . . . very pathetic
I already have one
:awesome:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Agreed, if the animations are almost the same as brawl then we should be seeing light and particle effects almost instantly, which with that pose we arent. Its still too early to say but i dont think a new move can be ruled out at all, even though a few think the new photos have proven shes unchanged. For the most part her moves do look to be the same, but we havent seen it all, and just like both link's boomerang we still have yet to see it in any way shape or form.
Right, the thing is even if it seems she's mostly unchanged, it doesn't completely rule out that something was changed. Mario had two changes in Brawl (FLUDD and Aerial A-Down) while the rest of his moveset was unchanged, same with Link's Boomerang in terms of how it worked, it's entirely possible that one move is scrapped and only that move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom