• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Grovyle (PMD spinoff series)
I call buuuuuuuuuulllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Fine, mine would be Meta-Ridley (Metroid Prime series). :awesome:

His symbol would just be the Retro Studios logo riding on Ridley's back, who would be clutching a bunch of bananas. His victory jingle would be "Retro Studios kicks ASS, *****!".

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like Sakurai knows Mewtwo's birthday.
And he may be considering revealing Mewtwo on it.
But ultimately it probably won't happen.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I call buuuuuuuuuulllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Fine, mine would be Meta-Ridley (Metroid Prime series). :awesome:
well, I think PMD is different enough from pokemon to at least be referenced at this point.

but yeah, it's still pokemon, unfortunately. or fortunately. whatever, I don't know.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I feel like Sakurai knows Mewtwo's birthday.
And he may be considering revealing Mewtwo on it.
But ultimately it probably won't happen.
Sakurai has that omnipotence: He's likely well informed of the dates but he's not going to utilize all of them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
OK, here I'll make a topic, if the rest of the newcomers were only from unrepresented series, list 10 to 12 newcomers you would personally pick?
Bias time? Bias time.

1) Ridley. Why? Space Dragons. Also one of my favorite Nintendo villains.
2) K.Rool. Why? Need that blunderbuss.
3) Isaac. Why? I want to chuck rocks at people.
4) Dixie. Why? You get to beat people with hair.
5) Little Mac. Boxers are cool fighting game characters. And he's a classic.

6) Palutena? I don't know. Why not?
7) Bowser Jr.? He could have a fun playstyle. If not, you can at least beat the tar out of him.
8) Dark Samus. I just like the character.
9) Shulk. His sword looks cool.
10) Tingle. We should give Sandbag a break, and use Tingle as our punching bag.

11) 2nd Capcom character. They have a lot of cool characters that would be sick to see in Smash along with Mega Man.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Shulk x 12
All I have to say about Robin is that if he does get in I think they'll use this design.
Perhaps. But since Robin can be either gender I'm not sure how that'd work. If Robin does get in, Sakurai may decide to go the WFT and villager route. The voice acting would be a bit strange otherwise. But that's just my opinion. I'll be happy either way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bias time? Bias time.

7) Bowser Jr.? He could have a fun playstyle. If not, you can at least beat the tar out of him.

11) 2nd Capcom character. They have a lot of cool characters that would be sick to see in Smash along with Mega Man.
Looks like you weren't looking at the rules right. :p

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Bias time? Bias time.

I think you need to be in charge.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
OK, here I'll make a topic, if the rest of the newcomers were only from unrepresented series, list 10 to 12 newcomers you would personally pick?
Dillon
Shulk
Alexandra Roivas
Takamaru
Little Mac
Lip
Travis Touchdown
Bayonetta
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Ray Mk. II
Duck Hunt Dog
Mach Rider
EDIT: Also Wonder Red

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Never mind, February 29, 2014 doesn't exist. It was a fake, I started getting all excited for nothing.
ha, ha, I only just noticed... if that was actually the case....

I would NOT be a happy customer. BTW, new expression.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Someone on Miiverse asked if people even knew who Mega Man was before Smash...god what is wrong with this generation...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Someone on Miiverse asked if people even knew who Mega Man was before Smash...god what is wrong with this generation...
I wouldn't expect kids to know who he is. Capcom has done their level best to take a huge **** on him and his franchise.

It's certainly not the consumers we should be blaming here.

Nintendo decides to market consoles with online social networks to kids and famiwies! That's WHAT!
"Children shouldn't be allowed to play video games unless they've played every NES game!"

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Everything, depending on their background. :troll:
As a high schooler, I can agree partially.

I wouldn't expect kids to know who he is. Capcom has done their level best to take a huge **** on him and his franchise.

It's certainly not the consumers we should be blaming here.

There's still hope, thanks to Inafune.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
It's tough to decide this kind of stuff. Nintendo always gives us what we don't expect, gotta get some pictures to make this easier.

Anyway for me I predict for newcomers: Mewtwo, Paper Mario, Lil Mac, Mii's, Ridley, Chrom, Paluatina.

My comments:
King K Rool would be nice, but I'm not too sure about that one.
I don't know much about Crom, but I think they'll put him in, seeing what they did with Roy and Ike.
Mii's, as much as I don't like this, I'm pretty sure it will happen.
Ridley, have any of you watched the Shokio video? Ridley really isn't that big, it can easily be downsized, you can still make it pretty big anyway, just not like "boss" big.
Mewtwo is self explanatory.

I'm new here, but some of these seem very unrealistic, I don't think Nintendo would add some of this stuff, but hey, expect the unexpected!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm new here, but some of these seem very unrealistic, I don't think Nintendo would add some of this stuff, but hey, expect the unexpected!
Trust me, you really have to sift through the bull**** to find the "actual" character requests. Pretty much anything with around 100 or more replies should do it; although Ridley and K. Rool are exponentially more and constantly active.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
It's tough to decide this kind of stuff. Nintendo always gives us what we don't expect, gotta get some pictures to make this easier.

Anyway for me I predict for newcomers: Mewtwo, Paper Mario, Lil Mac, Mii's, Ridley, Chrom, Paluatina.

My comments:
King K Rool would be nice, but I'm not too sure about that one.
I don't know much about Crom, but I think they'll put him in, seeing what they did with Roy and Ike.
Mii's, as much as I don't like this, I'm pretty sure it will happen.
Ridley, have any of you watched the Shokio video? Ridley really isn't that big, it can easily be downsized, you can still make it pretty big anyway, just not like "boss" big.
Mewtwo is self explanatory.

Welcome to Smashboards, @ The Suit-less Ace The Suit-less Ace and I hope you enjoy your time here!

On your predictions... they aren't too bad. If you want to make a nice looking roster to start, go to the Roster Maker!

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-super-smash-bros-roster-maker-version-7-0-available.336761/

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Nintendo decides to market consoles with online social networks to kids and famiwies! That's WHAT!
It's more or less sad that a character that used to be an iconic video character that used to be as well-known as Mario and Sonic isn't very well known among kids today.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So when are we going to get some CoD representation? It's the most Dudebro series ever! It's important to video games because of how cataclysmically popular it is among dudebros! Hell, it singularly created the Creativity Crash of Whenever All Those FPSs Happened!

CoD deserves to be in Smash!

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
Little Mac
Shulk
Urban Champion
Banjo-Kazooie
Bomberman
Bayonetta
Isaac
Takamaru
Chibi Robo
Ray MK II
Mii
Saki

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So when are we going to get some CoD representation? It's the most Dudebro series ever! It's important to video games because of how cataclysmically popular it is among dudebros! Hell, it singularly created the Creativity Crash of Whenever All Those FPSs Happened!

Captain Price, John Soap, Frank Woods, Alex Mason, and RILEY THE CALLADOODEH DAWG CONFIRMED!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

When I made a roster for a Microsoft crossover game I put a CoD soldier in the roster because I honestly couldn't put it past Microsoft to put in CoD representation to attract all the dudebros.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Things that better happen in Smash 4

1. Villager better have a South Park Costume
  2. Ben Stein better be the announcer
  3. ROB and Robin better be a duo
  4. Robin from Batman should replace Robin
  5. Lip better have a lip sore
GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
...I just imagined a Doritos n' Dew combo character.
Dewrito for Microsoft Smash.

While we're at it add Nicolas Cage and Spider-Man. How about Goku, Gohan, Naruto, Kakashi, Sailor Moon, Wonder Woman, Strom, Flash, Catwoman, Wolverine and Mickey Mouse? Can't forget Venom, Green Goblin, Vegeta and Magneto, after all they are the most popular Nintendo villains. James Earl Jones as playable Master Hand. Liam Nesson for a secret final boss. He teams up with Fortinbras from Onimusha. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom