• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
It's actually pretty perfect to have Ness and Lucas. Lucas represents Mother 3, a handheld game, Ness represents EarthBound, a home console game.
Onett will probably stay, and then we'll get a new EarthBound stage, which I hope is Summers or The Lost Underworld.
As for a new Mother 3 stage, Tazmily or Osohe Castle work, or maybe a moving stage goes all around the Nowhere Islands.
(yeah there was Mother 1 + 2 on GBA but let's just forget that)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
How do you know? Did it make sense to have the arena in Kirby Superstar without a boxer, a game which might I remind you was made by Sakurai. And how can you tell it's not a wrestling arena?
Actually, somewhere in the Little Mac's support thread, you can find more than plenty-full evidence that the stage is indeed from Punch Out.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The colors of the stripes that represent the ring's bounds are that of Punch Out's and some Boxing Rings that I have seen in person.

Again, it's an arena. So it's inspired by the one from Punch-Out. That doesn't make it the one from Punch-Out.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
oh okay, . . . and why are you part of the lone wolf clan?
its just a little name katt keeps calling us, but as a wolf fan as yourself, I welcome you to it mate.
She said it was okay. I am a wolf fan after all.

But I am a traveling swordsman. I am not worthy of being a part of such an esteemed clan, I am merely its guardian nothing more. I was assigned by luma to guard and defeat the evils of mega bidoof and I shall do what she asked of me and then be on my way.

:awesome: its just a thing we made up.... lol

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Here we go!
Here's Impa's pluses.
+ Very reoccurring character; Much more than another certain Sheikah I know. :smirk:
+ Move set potential; DEKU NUTS, LONGSWORD, FORCE FIELDS, what more do you need? :cool: Now, what does Sheik do? Confuses you on what gender she is... yep, that's it. :cool:
And now, Impa negatives.
... Yeah, can't think of any. :)
Sheik negatives!
- Irrelevant!; One off + Not recent = Irrelevant!
- Lack of move set potential; As I stated earlier, Sheik can't do anything besides gender confusion. This is why she was good in Melee. But ever since then, she's appeared much feminine like. That's why she's crap tier in Brawl (which we'll get back to later).
- Ruining Zelda; As stated earlier, Sheik hinders Zelda's usefulness. Now you tell me, do you want Zelda low tier again because of an unnecessary add on? :confused:
- Diddy hates Sheik!; Now, do you want to upset the cute, little monkey? :diddy:I hope not.
- This thread needs to be punished!; You guys need more punishment than this! And what better way than to cut Sheik?
I now leave you here with two words, and a number:
Impa 4 Smash! :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I haven't heard of that. Well that's a shame. Looks like Sonic will still have bland color swaps then.

Well, I would think that a purple one based on Espio wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, what other characters could use better palette swaps? I'm thinking that we need Shiny Squirtle, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ivysaur and Shiny Lucario.
We need a dark and evil erosion of everyone that doesn't have an established one.
Mario, Link, Samus, Pit, and even Monita has one.

Here is what I have, assuming all Brawl characters return.

Mario - Shadow Mario
Luigi - Mr. L
Peach - Shadow Queen
Bowser -Dry Bowser/Dark Bowser
Rosalina & Luma - Dark Cosmic lady from Galaxy 2 & Dark Luma thingy
Donkey Kong - Monkey Kong
Diddy - Sh***y Kong
Yoshi - Birdo
Wario - Skinny Wario
Link - Dark Link/LBW SPOILER ALERT!!!!! [collapse=Link Between World Spoilers]Ravio [/collapse]
Zelda - Hilda
Ganondorf - Yuga
Toon Link - Dark Toon Link
Samus - Dark Samus
Pit - Dark Pit
Ice Climbers - Hole Diggers
ROB - Virtual Boy
Mr Game and Watch - Mr Lame & Crotch
Pikachu - Dark Pikachu
Jigglypuff - Dark Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer - Gary Oak
Lucario - Ludarkio
Marth - Lucina :troll:
Ike - Chrom :troll:
Villager - Tom Nook (stupid loans)
Wii Fit Trainer - Wii Fat Trainer
Sonic - Sluggish
Solid Snake - Liquid Serpent
Mega Man - Tiny Woman

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
She said it was okay. I am a wolf fan after all.

But I am a traveling swordsman. I am not worthy of being a part of such an esteemed clan, I am merely its guardian nothing more. I was assigned by luma to guard and defeat the evils of mega bidoof and I shall do what she asked of me and then be on my way.

:awesome: its just a thing we made up.... lol
oh, . . . uh . . . okay, that explains a lot about my sister, might as well go along with it
whelp, as member of the lone wolf clan, I beseech you to help my mischievous sibling , to learn her forthright, before it is too late for her, as for I am not incable to do so, I wish you good luck young zero, guardian of the wolves . . .
huh this is fun:awesome:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
whelp i'm now back, short errand I guess, and I can see I miss the rest of the star fox conversation, sad, oh well it was going to go nuts anyway

why do you seem to hate katt so much mate, do you just randomly hate her, or did she really tick you off
I don't hate her, it's more of a fun rivalry thing.
Plus he's mad because i'm the guardian of the lone wolf clan. :p
I am not mad. I can take you on easily.
I am the leader of the revivers, bringers of light and life to threads that don't get what they deserve.
I can easily take you down with my Bidoof PSI, and my 10 foot long Samurai Sword, Big Bertha.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Does Punch-Out Wii have the Boom Boxes and Jumbo Tron?
Just because Punch-Out doesn't have those things (which I'm not entirely sure if it does or not) doesn't mean It's not a Punch-out stage, there's still solid evidence supporting that it is.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
And? Please tell me about the Electroplankton and PictoChat characters that were planned as well. :troll:

Regardless of if he was considered, he still didn't make it in Brawl, yet he had a stage. Little Mac might have been considered, but ended up in a similar situation of having a stage but not being playable.
But is that the case for Little Mac? Do I need to prepare another Logic Bullet for you hungry folks?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I am the leader of the revivers, bringers of light and life to threads that don't get what they deserve.
I can easily take you down with my Bidoof PSI, and my 10 foot long Samurai Sword, Big Bertha.
okay then, good, that little mischievous brat . . .

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Again, it's an arena. So it's inspired by the one from Punch-Out. That doesn't make it the one from Punch-Out.
Well e haven't gotten the exact name of the stage yet, and the screen is always what is happening in the battle.
I think that when little Mac is revealed, it will show more things on the screen that reference Punch-Out.
Also, Sakurai could make it something like, "Smash tournament Ring" and Little Mac got the Major Cup, and now he needs to get the Smash Cup or something.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Is Fourside actually an over-urbanized metropolis with nothing but tall buildings, with absolutely no parks or tress, and constantly visited by slippery UFOs?
To be fair, that's what's kind of supposed to resemble, a big city. It didn't show the entire city, so of course there's no parks, and it's not un-EarthBound like to have UFOs visiting when an alien is a boss in the city and there's constant UFO enemies in the neighboring desert/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's actually pretty perfect to have Ness and Lucas. Lucas represents Mother 3, a handheld game, Ness represents EarthBound, a home console game.
Onett will probably stay, and then we'll get a new EarthBound stage, which I hope is Summers or The Lost Underworld.
As for a new Mother 3 stage, Tazmily or Osohe Castle work, or maybe a moving stage goes all around the Nowhere Islands.
(yeah there was Mother 1 + 2 on GBA but let's just forget that)
Personally, I am hoping for Threed... it is basically Onett but set at night and it's overrun with zombies. :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But is that the case for Little Mac? Do I need to prepare another Logic Bullet for you hungry folks?
My point is that there is the possibility of there being a Punch Out stage while Little Mac remains an assist trophy, a stage doesn't need a character, and a character doesn't need a stage. All I'm saying is that I don't see Little Mac as a "shoe-in" like everyone else and their grandmas.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

You fool, all you bring is chaos and calamity, you think you bring light but all you bring is darkness!

I suggest you surrender now, for I have already told you about my special abilities.... if you do not stand down I'll have no choice but to cut you down, for I have been granted the use of the legendary lunar fang blade! The sacred sword of the lone wolf clan!
oh, . . . uh . . . okay, that explains a lot about my sister, might as well go along with it
whelp, as member of the lone wolf clan, I beseech you to help my mischievous sibling , to learn her forthright, before it is too late for her, as for I am not incable to do so, I wish you good luck young zero, guardian of the wolves . . .
huh this is fun:awesome:
Do not worry my friend I shall guard you and your sibling well, I shall not fail you, you have my word.

:awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What the hell kind of "character" would even work?
Well... Pictochat could have a stick figure doodle as a character... and Electroplankton could have a golem-like character who is made up of millions of Electroplankton. :troll:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I recall Sonic still staying blue was a request from SEGA in order to keep Sonic's iconic color intact. After all, he was intentionally designed to be blue to further emphasize him being SEGA's mascot.
Interesting. You have a source for that?

I haven't heard of that. Well that's a shame. Looks like Sonic will still have bland color swaps then.

Well, I would think that a purple one based on Espio wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, what other characters could use better palette swaps? I'm thinking that we need Shiny Squirtle, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ivysaur and Shiny Lucario.
An Espio color would be awesome. Maybe add one of Amy as well to get a Pink color and that'll be 8

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
In the World Circuit, you can see a giant screen behind Mr. Sandman as he enters the ring, so yes, Punch-Out does have that. The location may not be accurate on the ring in Smash Bros, but there are screens in the World Circuit, which means yes, there are screens in Punch-Out. Now, enough of Noah trying to deny a deserving series deserves a character (Again) and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom