• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So I was looking around YouTube for cool Brawl music remixes, and while looking for Waluigi Pinball. A can across a video of a Waluigi hack.

I remember this one time when I was defending Waluigi's potential, and Chandelure made fun of my for thinking screaming, "WAA!" like an idiot could be an attack.

Skip to 0:44
That's the famed "WAAr Cry"

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wouldn't mind seeing the green party hat instead of the blue. Guess the goggles warmed up to me during Brawl XD
Well I guess the goggles will stay since that's pichu in evolved form...

dang cause blue party hat was the best, that's what made pika top tier in 64. true fax :cool: (yeah i channeled a bit of johnknight at the end there)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sonic could really use colors based on other Sonic characters.

Randomness. As per the usual. Honestly I've been desensitized to most of it. You should be too.
Very much agree. He probably got those colors in Brawl due to the late development. Should've been this:

Blue (default), Yellow (Tails), Red (Knuckles; red team), Black (Shadow), White (Silver), Green (Jet; green team)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I recall Sonic still staying blue was a request from SEGA in order to keep Sonic's iconic color intact. After all, he was intentionally designed to be blue to further emphasize him being SEGA's mascot.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I recall Sonic still staying blue was a request from SEGA in order to keep Sonic's iconic color intact. After all, he was intentionally designed to be blue to further emphasize him being SEGA's mascot.
I mean, color coordination is a thing. Mario's Hat and shirt are red. Sonic is blue. So they naturally oppose each other at first. :awesome:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
He'd only get replaced by Toon Reggie :troll:
image.jpg

I'm way ahead of you on this.
Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS - Reggie
Smash Bros for Thrii/4DS - Reggie and Young Reggie
Smash Bros for Fourii/5DS - Reggie and Toon Reggie
Smash Bros for Fiive/6DS - Reggie and Toon Reggie again, but in pre-game speculation, Masked Reggie and Classic Reggie will have som popularity.

I mean, color coordination is a thing. Mario's Hat and shirt are red. Sonic is blue. So they naturally oppose each other at first. :awesome:
And Master Chief is green.
Boom.
Mind = Blown

Last edited by a moderator:

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
As much as I despise the idea of actual, real-ass Reggie being playable, all this Reggie talk is just too good. Please, keep going.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As much as I despise the idea of actual, real-*** Reggie being playable, all this Reggie talk is just too good. Please, keep going.
View attachment 5992
I'm way ahead of you on this.
Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS - Reggie
Smash Bros for Thrii/4DS - Reggie and Young Reggie
Smash Bros for Fourii/5DS - Reggie and Toon Reggie
Smash Bros for Fiive/6DS - Reggie and Toon Reggie again, but in pre-game speculation, Masked Reggie and Classic Reggie will have som popularity.
Your wish has been granted.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I still have some doubts about Little Mac. Just having a boxer in a this kind of game and the fact that the Arena stage is more inspired from Punch-Out rather than actually being from Punch-Out. And we haven't seen him since the reveal of that stage.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
That reminds me... I need to get back to playing EarthBound... just that Pokemon X & Y and A Link Between Worlds are distracting me. :chuckle:
Smashboards distracts me from Persona 4 and a 5th playthrough of JSR.
Dang it, Reggie talk!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't heard of that. Well that's a shame. Looks like Sonic will still have bland color swaps then.

Very much agree. He probably got those colors in Brawl due to the late development. Should've been this:

Blue (default), Yellow (Tails), Red (Knuckles; red team), Black (Shadow), White (Silver), Green (Jet; green team)
Well, I would think that a purple one based on Espio wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, what other characters could use better palette swaps? I'm thinking that we need Shiny Squirtle, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Ivysaur and Shiny Lucario.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp i'm now back, short errand I guess, and I can see I miss the rest of the star fox conversation, sad, oh well it was going to go nuts anyway
Now you need to go hate someone for going against something you like, to continue this line of hatred LumaOkami started.
why do you seem to hate katt so much mate, do you just randomly hate her, or did she really tick you off

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I still have some doubts about Little Mac. Just having a boxer in a this kind of game and the fact that the Arena stage is more inspired from Punch-Out rather than actually being from Punch-Out. And we haven't seen him since the reveal of that stage.
Have faith, young Saturn. For Sakurai is merely trolling us all.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
However, at least, the arena is indeed a Boxing Arena. It would make no sense to have a Boxing ring without a single boxer in the roster.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me... I need to get back to playing EarthBound... just that Pokemon X & Y and A Link Between Worlds are distracting me. :chuckle:
I've also recently purchased that game off eShop a few days back and need to get back to it. IT'S JUST SO DAMN HAAAARD. I die. ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I didn't think I would have to use Restore Points, but those zombies and gators... The multitudinous amounts of ridiculous enemies keeps me coming back though.

Freaking Annoying Old Party Man...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've also recently purchased that game off eShop a few days back and need to get back to it. IT'S JUST SO DAMN HAAAARD. I die. ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I didn't think I would have to use Restore Points, but those zombies and gators... The multitudinous amounts of ridiculous enemies keeps me coming back though.

I still haven't left Onett. :laugh: That's how distracted I am.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Really? Try Grind Square in JSR on a Jet Only 1-time run. You don't have a max graffiti character. and there's cops. EVERYWHERE.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
whelp i'm now back, short errand I guess, and I can see I miss the rest of the star fox conversation, sad, oh well it was going to go nuts anyway

why do you seem to hate katt so much mate, do you just randomly hate her, or did she really tick you off
he doesn't hate her really, he's just doing his troll thing. and overreacting.

Plus he's mad because i'm the guardian of the lone wolf clan. :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
he doesn't hate her really, he's just doing his troll thing. and overreacting.

Plus he's mad because i'm the guardian of the lone wolf clan. :p
oh okay, . . . and why are you part of the lone wolf clan?
its just a little name katt keeps calling us, but as a wolf fan as yourself, I welcome you to it mate.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think a similar situation happens with the Pokemon characters. Only Sonic doesn't get an awesome party hat and blue goggles.

WHY DOESN'T SONIC GET AN AWESOME PARTY HAT?!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
However, at least, the arena is indeed a Boxing Arena. It would make no sense to have a Boxing ring without a single boxer in the roster.
How do you know? Did it make sense to have the arena in Kirby Superstar without a boxer, a game which might I remind you was made by Sakurai. And how can you tell it's not a wrestling arena?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
How do you know? Did it make sense to have the arena in Kirby Superstar without a boxer, a game which might I remind you was made by Sakurai. And how can you tell it's not a wrestling arena?
The colors of the stripes that represent the ring's bounds are that of Punch Out's and some Boxing Rings that I have seen in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom