• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sure samus is supposed to be this badass chick.

But who cares if she's sexy and stuff at least they showed her human side a bit.

Though "the baby" thing was overboard for me.
Yeah, there are double standards everywhere, people complain that Samus is getting sexualized recently and that it takes away from her previous character.
No one ever complained about Link being too damned sexy though. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Link is Link is Link.
Doesn't make any difference what age he is, it's JUST LINK.
To find excuses as to why two of him are acceptable and not two of anyone else is hypocritical.
It's not like either Toon Link or Dr. Mario were anything more than easy clone fodder anyway...(though if cednym is to be believed, Dr. Mario was picked for being from a critically-acclaimed retro game, his games' music, and because he was a doctor.)

Being unlikely is not what I'm referring to (since I feel that Rosalina put a huge roadblock for other Mario characters). It's that you argue that he is unwarranted while Toon Link is.
And then again, considering how Sakurai treated Dr. Mario elements in Brawl, it could just as easily be that Dr. Mario would be a "Dr. Mario" character rather than a "Mario" one.

Toon Link is just as warranted as Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik.
As in, he isn't. But, he's in anyway. Dr. Mario, being featured in Smash before, wouldn't be any worse.
It's clear we'll maintain our differences of opinion on this, so I won't be going any further because I have nothing further to say.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, there are double standards everywhere, people complain that Samus is getting sexualized recently and that it takes away from her previous character.
No one ever complained about Link being too damned sexy though. :troll:
I did. That is why I don't like him anymore. I just want him to look like Quasimoto again.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I'm guessing that I should be glad I never played Star Fox Command? That seems to be the case.

So how about that Metroid Prime 4? :shades:

Wonder when that ****'s getting announced.
After Retro is done with Donkey Kong.

Okay, we've gotten really off topic, so I guess I'll try to get us back on.

So, how about the Power Rangers for SSB4?
Whatever. Everyone knows that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would make better characters.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Really? I can see Kirby getting Orange, Purple, and Black recolors in place of him not having an alternate costume of his own.
Hmm I wouldn't mind seeing Kirby get extra colors. Maybe certain characters like him, Yoshi, Sonic, and Pikachu (jus throwing it out there) get more than 6-8?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmm I wouldn't mind seeing Kirby get extra colors. Maybe certain characters like him, Yoshi, Sonic, and Pikachu (jus throwing it out there) get more than 6-8?
Sonic could really use colors based on other Sonic characters.

Seriously, what has this thread gotten into THIS time?
Randomness. As per the usual. Honestly I've been desensitized to most of it. You should be too.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was looking around YouTube for cool Brawl music remixes, and while looking for Waluigi Pinball. A can across a video of a Waluigi hack.

I remember this one time when I was defending Waluigi's potential, and Chandelure made fun of my for thinking screaming, "WAA!" like an idiot could be an attack.

Skip to 0:44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom