• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nah. I don't expect it.
This entire argument started with my trying to prove that he's possible.
(I also may or may not be getting a list of arguments for the Ganon OP)
Ffffff....Okay. You're right. My mistake.

Hold that thought...

Since when does Sakurai care if another incarnation is canonically the same person or not?
SaturnGamer! You're good at arguing! Please tell me you don't like the idea of two different Ganons.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Apparently Zelda is also more important than Link, quaint. Sheik is a separate character by the way, it doesn't matter if she isn't in a separate slot, they still had to develop her like any other character.
Zelda is not more Important than Link. I know she is a seperate character when it comes to development and amount of characters, but I think she's not in the same Importance/Popularity contest as the other character, but is in as a part of Zelda. Because of this I find her susceptible to cuts, since she's could be cut because of changes in Zelda's moveset.
This should not be treated as fact and is just what I think.

It was a pleasure debating with you, even if I never changed your mind. The only thing that I'm trying to prove is that Ganon could be included if Sakurai wanted to and that he is a possibility that we should consider. I get that you don't like the idea of adding Ganon as a seperate character, but I wasn't trying to make you like the character. I have done what I intended.
I will end my part of the debate with this:
Based on earlier smash I all character with multiple version of them in the roster has been either 1) part of Moveset (Zelda & Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus), or 2) Clones (Toon/young link, Dr. Mario).
If we see Ganon i think he would be one of these.
And it's been a fun debating with you.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm not bothered by the fact that you detracted Lip. I'm bothered by the fact that you put her below Krystal! Freakin' Krystal!
I mean, you can't do that to anyone! That's just mean, bro...!

Alright this is becoming pretty stupid. Truce?
Y u hate Krystal so much?

Yus, but i'm watching you, that's the 2nd time you did this cussing at me kinda thing :bubblebobble:.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Why is this a bad ending? I didn't hear people complaining about Falco and Katt's romance.

And it's bad because it's a space shooter series? You realize this a series about a fox fighting a giant monkey head? Fox has an internal conflict with the death of his fox dad. Is that bad to have in a space shooter series?
Oh, that's not the worst part....

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I will end my part of the debate with this:
Based on earlier smash I think all character with multiple version of them in the roster has either 1) Been part of Moveset (Zelda & Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus), or 2) Clones (Toon/young link, Dr. Mario).
If we see Ganon i think he would be one of these.
And it's been a fun debating with you.
Honestly, I would be most content with Ganondorf being made unique and gaining Ganon as a transformation. I just don't think they're going to do it. Then again, ZSS was a thing even after having Samus since 64, so I might be surprised...

It really was a pleasure debating with you. I enjoyed it...We should do it again sometime.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The majority of Command endings were pretty nuts. "These two get Married! These two have bland romance! These two become baller F-Zero pilots!" It just didn't feel right in Star Fox. No realy continuation with the current team.
In a game that mostly was action and endings were nothing like this, this didn't make much sense to me. It felt like I was playing a visual novel with interactive shooting scenes. Or a fanfic. A really bad fanfic.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why is this a bad ending? I didn't hear people complaining about Falco and Katt's romance.

And it's bad because it's a space shooter series? You realize this a series about a fox fighting a giant monkey head? Fox has an internal conflict with the death of his fox dad. Is that bad to have in a space shooter series?
It isn't canon, thus there's really no point.

bad endings, bad story, bad controls, bad time limit etc. etc. There's many things what were wrong with the game than the random story, I just didn't feel like a SF game. Its also way 2 easy, you'll never get a game over and the controls are way bad, you'll barrel roll even when you don't want too, there's a bunch of reviews and opinions out there ya know. The game is just bad.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp I have some errands to take care of, I'll answer your questions when I get back Saturn, (that is unless zero wouldn't mind taking over for me)
adios mates

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Star Fox fans remind me of Sonic fans. Anything that isn't the original is an abomination of god.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
UBUIBUBUIBUB!!!! NON CANON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? :crazy:
Lol

Anyway the story endings don't even matter because there not even canon.

The controls and the outright easyness of the game made it not worth a buy, if anything its a one time rent. And compared to the past SF's it sucks.

Star Fox fans remind me of Sonic fans. Anything that isn't the original is an abomination of god.
I'm a sanic fan and I liked sanic heroes.

Also Sanic 06 is hella fun to mess around in.

There's nothing fun about command really.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
This and the canon ending were the only tolerable ones in my opinion. Everything else felt like madness fanfics except Fox and Krystal. That was already a thing.

The reason Other M is so bad is because the plot was meant for Mother 4, but the game was canceled so they slapped it onto a Metroid game that had no plot. :troll:
If they completely removed all Metroid stuff and made it Ryu Hayabusa + Ninja Gaiden, the game would have been much better recieved. I loved the Gameplay of Mom, just not the story. Except Higgs.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This and the canon ending were the only tolerable ones in my opinion. Everything else felt like madness fanfics except Fox and Krystal. That was already a thing.

If they completely removed all Metroid stuff and made it Ryu Hayabusa + Ninja Gaiden, the game would have been much better recieved. I loved the Gameplay of Mom, just not the story. Except Higgs.
Don't forget about miss heels.

I hope this ZZS is in smash, I never liked the prime zero suit look.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You mean the original SNES game? Or the N64 game?

Regardless, you have to admit that Star Fox had very few good entries. I mean the first two games were awesome. Assault was great, but coulda been better. Adventures was not exactly a well received title, specially in a series of shooter games, and then there's Command... which wasn't atrocious, but wasn't good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom