• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think there's concept art of Ganondorf using it somewhere (or maybe that was just OoT's Phantom Ganon), but your point still stands. If Ganon gets a weapon, it's going to be a sword.

-sigh-
What's wrong with that? Every freaking fighting game uses FISTS, the amount of sword users is incredibly low compared to punches and kicking people. And in smash even if we had 10 sword users total in the new installment its still incredibly low. Also weapons are fun, do you even Soul calibur?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If you're anything like Falco, then you'll get over your preference of the air and love the Landmaster Zelda like everyone else. <3

SUBJECT CHANGE

Let's talk about how stupid Falco's voice is.

"Hands off my bread!"
Sure, you wanna go back when he sounded like he took too many Malboros to the lungs?

"Misshun Camplete!"

UltimateWario

Smash Master
What's wrong with that? Every freaking fighting game uses FISTS, the amount of sword users is incredibly low compared to punches and kicking people. And in smash even if we had 10 sword users total in the new installment its still incredibly low. Also weapons are fun, do you even Soul calibur?
I just like Ganon for who he is.

I don't want him to change. :sadeyes:

Well, except, you know, to stop sucking.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If it works for Link because of his multiple incarnations, it could work for Ganon and Ganondorf.

I'd say Ganon is pretty iconic. He was the original Bowser of the Legend of Zelda. Sure, Ganondorf's more popular, but Ganon's still iconic.
It doesn't matter. The point is, we're not getting two of each Zelda character. Having Ganon/Tetra is a waste of valuable character slots that could go to more unique and deserving characters. Toon LInk is an exception because he's the main character in half of the games.

Morbi

Scavenger
It doesn't matter. The point is, we're not getting two of each Zelda character. Having Ganon/Tetra is a waste of valuable character slots that could go to more unique and deserving characters. Toon LInk is an exception because he's the main character in half of the games.
I hope we get Toon Zelda just to prove a point. :smirk:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But Ganon is a unique character with his trident, I don't really think it's much of a waste of a slot.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I agree here. Ganondorf should use a sword.
Yes, it does.

Unlike Toon Zelda, Ganondorf would be completely unique with his trident, bats, lighting, and teleportation. And, with his large amount of appearances, he's just as important as some of the more popular requests out there.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Would saying that Ganon can have two versions of himself as all other characters from the series do be a more sufficient argument? Perhaps, the notion that we almost had 4 incarnations of Zelda makes the premise seem more plausible?
Zelda also is more Important than Ganondorf. Sheik is in smash as a part of Zelda, we're arguing about Ganon as a seperate character.
Yet, in canon, there are multiple incarnations of the same character; Ganon (the Ganon from Four Swords, for example, is an entirely different being than the Ganon from A Link to the Past that is the reincarnated Ganondorf from OoT in the downfall timeline.). The reason Link can have it is because of his own incarnations. Since Ganon has multiple incarnations as well, he can be included despite Ganondorf's being there.
to my knowlegde Four Swords Adventure is the only who is a reincarnation. And even then, the FSA one is said to have been a Ganondorf.
This is assuming that there cannot be multiples of the same character, which is still false when we see that Dr. Mario and Young Link got in Melee just fine. Sakurai doesn't seem to have a problem with breaking canon a bit.
Bring up those or Toon Link and your just arguing for him to be a clone.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If we got two Ganons, I would be more upset with the fact that we got two ****ing Ganons, regardless of whether or not they were clones or not. We already have two Links, we don't need more multiples.

Morbi

Scavenger
Zelda also is more Important than Ganondorf. Sheik is in smash as a part of Zelda, we're arguing about Ganon as a seperate character.
to my knowlegde Four Swords Adventure is the only who is a reincarnation. And even then, the FSA one is said to have been a Ganondorf.
Bring up those or Toon Link and your just arguing for him to be a clone.
Apparently Zelda is also more important than Link, quaint. Sheik is a separate character by the way, it doesn't matter if she isn't in a separate slot, they still had to develop her like any other character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, it does.
Unlike Toon Zelda, Ganondorf would be completely unique with his trident, bats, lighting, and teleportation. And, with his large amount of appearances, is just as important as some of the more popular requests out there.
You know what? Fine. You win. Clearly we don't need anybody else when we've got a big, ugly, crazy version of a character everyone likes. We can't make the humanoid version stand out more. Nope. One Ganon isn't enough. Gotta have two.

5bc59b8a639a4290a487ba49867b99a3@2x.gif

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Oh lordy, ChaosSoul shot Falco!
Who will replace him now?

Always shoot where the light is better.

----
either star fox replacement number 1

or star fox replacement number 2

that is, if they ever remake starfox 2, dam it why did they ever cancel that game in the beginning, they should have never canceled it

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd be willing to talk about that. Do you think some characters will get extra colors instead of an alternate costume? I can see that happening for Kirby and Yoshi.
Only one I can really see it on so far is Yoshi. He might get about 10-12 colors possibly. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone got bumped to 8 (Please let Pikachu have more than FOUR)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know what? Fine. You win. Clearly we don't need anybody else when we've got a big, ugly, crazy version of a character everyone likes. We can't make the humanoid version stand out more. Nope. One Ganon isn't enough. Gotta have two.

View attachment 5982
To me, Ghirahim is another Zant. And will follow the same fate that Zant did in pre-brawl.

Come at me bro.

it was made mate, in fact its playable too, they just never released it
That'd be cool if that was the Wii U SF.

But again... a continuation on assault is cool too.

Morbi

Scavenger
To me, Ghirahim is another Zant. And will follow the same fate that Zant did in pre-brawl.

Come at me bro.

quote="lonekonwolf, post: 16174297, member: 223976"]it was made mate, in fact its playable too, they just never released it

But again... a continuation on assault is cool too.[/quote]
That is how I feel about Vaati, come at me!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Yes, it does.

Unlike Toon Zelda, Ganondorf would be completely unique with his trident, bats, lighting, and teleportation. And, with his large amount of appearances, he's just as important as some of the more popular requests out there.
But Vaati can have people turning too stone, bats, electricity, fire, wind, and teleportation. That's obviously superior to Ganon.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
quote="lonekonwolf, post: 16174297, member: 223976"]it was made mate, in fact its playable too, they just never released it

But again... a continuation on assault is cool too.[/quote]
any starfox game would be perfect, I would do endless barrel roles if that happen, . . . that is as long as it is not a continuation from command

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
any starfox game would be perfect, I would do endless barrel roles if that happen, . . . that is as long as it is not a continuation from command
Hey! Let's have an ending where SLIPPY GETS MARRIED! GENIUS!
THAT IS NOT CONTINUATION MATERIAL. More like Continuum Shift Material :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

View attachment 5982
You know, I'm so confused as to why people support Paper Mario now. :p

But Vaati can have people turning too stone, bats, electricity, fire, wind, and teleportation. That's obviously superior to Ganon.
Ganon looks much more fierce and more awesome with those weapons.

D

Deleted member

The difference here is that Dr.Mario isn't as big a deal as either Link. Both are by leaps and bounds more iconic than the doctor persona of Mario. In context of what is more important to the respective series, the Link's make sense. Dr.Mario does not have the same reasoning behind him, nor does he have the star power that any version of Link does.
Link is Link is Link.
Doesn't make any difference what age he is, it's JUST LINK.
To find excuses as to why two of him are acceptable and not two of anyone else is hypocritical.
It's not like either Toon Link or Dr. Mario were anything more than easy clone fodder anyway...(though if cednym is to be believed, Dr. Mario was picked for being from a critically-acclaimed retro game, his games' music, and because he was a doctor.)

The reason why I find Doc highly unlikely at this point is because I personally believe that 6 Mario slots is a bit much.
Being unlikely is not what I'm referring to (since I feel that Rosalina put a huge roadblock for other Mario characters). It's that you argue that he is unwarranted while Toon Link is.
And then again, considering how Sakurai treated Dr. Mario elements in Brawl, it could just as easily be that Dr. Mario would be a "Dr. Mario" character rather than a "Mario" one.

Toon Link is an exception. That's basically all I think there is to say.
Toon Link is just as warranted as Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik.
As in, he isn't. But, he's in anyway. Dr. Mario, being featured in Smash before, wouldn't be any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom