• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to weigh in on this Ganon/Ganondorf thing by stating one of my strongest SSB4 opinions:

Falcondorf NEEDS to go... Ganondorf NEEDS to get an original moveset. Please, it's just ridiculous.
Luigi is similar to Mario. Toon Link is similar to Link. At least Falco is from the same series as Fox.
GANONDORF AND CAPTAIN FALCON SHOULD HAVE SUCH DIFFERENT MOVESETS IT'S UNREAL.

If Ganondorf is decloned, they can add Ganon, they can add Yuga, they can add Tingle and Ravio as a tag team, they can add Vaati as a Peach clone or a Snake clone, and I'll still be satisfied.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm going to weigh in on this Ganon/Ganondorf thing by stating one of my strongest SSB4 opinions:

Falcondorf NEEDS to go... Ganondorf NEEDS to get an original moveset. Please, it's just ridiculous.
Luigi is similar to Mario. Toon Link is similar to Link. At least Falco is from the same series as Link.

If Ganondorf is decloned, they can add Ganon, they can add Yuga, they can add Tingle and Ravio as a tag team, they can add Vaati as a Peach clone or a Snake clone, and I'll still be satisfied.
Do you even main Ganondorf?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Saying "Ganon's been in more games than Ganondorf" is a really pointless statement, as he was hardly present in any of those games. In TLOZ, he only appears as the Final Boss.

This is especially true in the handheld games, where the real antagonists are simply trying to revive him.

In the Oracle Games, it was Onox/Veran/Twinrova, in Four Swords, it's Vaati, and I don't know about ALBW, but Yuga seems to represent that too.
But in the three games Ganondorf is in, he is the main antagonist. The entire story, he's calling the shots. So naturally, he's way more popular than Ganon.

Besides, Nintendo rarely pulls characters from handheld games anyway. Otherwise, we would definitely have Isaac and Vaati by now.
He's still considered the main antagonist in the Legend of Zelda. He's referenced as the big bad guy, after all.

Now this is a legitimate argument. It's also probably the reason that he hasn't been included in SSB already.

However, I do think his moveset potential and prevalence in the series is enough for him to make the playable jump.
Link is much more Important and unlike Ganon(dorf) is in all zelda games. To say that Ganon can get two versions because we have two Links is foolish. And like I said earlier they're the same character so even if you don't agree with the way it's done Ganondorf is Ganon. The Character Ganon(dorf) is in all those games mentioned.
Yet, in canon, there are multiple incarnations of the same character; Ganon (the Ganon from Four Swords, for example, is an entirely different being than the Ganon from A Link to the Past that is the reincarnated Ganondorf from OoT in the downfall timeline.). The reason Link can have it is because of his own incarnations. Since Ganon has multiple incarnations as well, he can be included despite Ganondorf's being there.

This is assuming that there cannot be multiples of the same character, which is still false when we see that Dr. Mario and Young Link got in Melee just fine. Sakurai doesn't seem to have a problem with breaking canon a bit.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Luigi is similar to Mario. Toon Link is similar to Link. At least Falco is from the same series as Link.

Watch him stay the same, except he'll be given flashy physical moves that do the same thing that falcondorf would do. I don't see the tennis ball fitting anywhere, flame choke is too badass and his down-b should stay imo.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
@ Pacack Pacack

Actually, there is only one Ganon/dorf, as opposed to the tons of Links/Zeldas.

In LttP, LBW, and the other games where he's a big blue pig, he's gone insane from being in the Sacred Realm/Dark World for so long, so he's stuck as the beast, Ganon. That's why all of the games where "Blue Ganon" appears are later on in the timeline.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Except the MAIN Link would already have those things, and no, the word is BORING. B-O-R-I-N-G. Toon Link's goofiness IS iconic. Him using impractical but powerful attacks would fit his character perfectly. Link can be as boring as he wants, but Link is so much more than just "generic medieval fighter", which is exactly what Smash makes him into. It'd be nice to have the side of the Zelda series that wasn't nearly as formulaic as "arrows, swords, bombs".

Not only that, but if further enforces that Toon Link and Link aren't just the same person with a different design, making both characters more unique and attractive (although regular Link can't get much more attractive <3). The adult Link uses the more "adult" items that are more practical, while the child Link uses more "childish", unorthodox weapons.
But that's how sakurai wants him, he's pretty much a YL.

Tough cookies, he's not gonna change. Because of his rule.
this explains my point quite well, no matter how unique he can get, no matter how many different weapons he have at his disposal, its not going to change because sakurai feels the need to add this, I kinda feel a connection with the star fox characters with this, how awkward would it be if falco had instead of a blaster and reflector, he would use a rocket and a barrio shield, just for the sake of doing something different, have fox do the fire fox, while falco flies, it just wouldn't make any sense regardless of how unique it can be.
From where I'm sitting, it looks to me like you just want Smash to be more boring for the sake of tradition.
honestly its both actually, you can have a character be similar to another one and still be fun, just take a look at the star fox trio, each one is similar to each other, but et different in their own ways (look at wolf and fox, they are a better example) as long as you different them enough of where they can play different, then they are good in my book

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Just give Ganondorf the execution sword. There.

I don't see ganondorf using a trident, only beast ganon used it if i recall correctly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

He won't be completely changed. So don't get too excited pal. But in Brawl, Ganondorf was given quite a few new normal attacks. On top of this, he also has the Flame Choke. So he could be given some new attacks. But I think it's safe to say he'll always have some similarities to Captain Falcon, even if we don't like it.

EDIT: Also, he was pretty good in Melee. But, like many characters, he got nerfed to hell, around the corner and back again in Brawl. So here's to hoping he's put into his former glory at the very least.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
@ Pacack Pacack

Actually, there is only one Ganon/dorf, as opposed to the tons of Links/Zeldas.

In LttP, LBW, and the other games where he's a big blue pig, he's gone insane from being in the Sacred Realm/Dark World for so long, so he's stuck as the beast, Ganon. That's why all of the games where "Blue Ganon" appears are later on in the timeline.
Wrong. That's only the case for the Downfall timeline.

In the child timeline, Ganondorf is killed in Twilight Princess. Completely and utterly.

After that, a new Ganondorf appears in Four Swords Adventure.

Do you even Zelda timeline, bro?

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
um why are we talking about wether or not what Zelda characters are going to change when we can talk about new stuff

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
this explains my point quite well, no matter how unique he can get, no matter how many different weapons he have at his disposal, its not going to change because sakurai feels the need to add this, I kinda feel a connection with the star fox characters with this, how awkward would it be if falco had instead of a blaster and reflector, he would use a rocket and a barrio shield, just for the sake of doing something different, have fox do the fire fox, while falco flies, it just wouldn't make any sense regardless of how unique it can be.

honestly its both actually, you can have a character be similar to another one and still be fun, just take a look at the star fox trio, each one is similar to each other, but et different in their own ways (look at wolf and fox, they are a better example) as long as you different them enough of where they can play different, then they are good in my book
At the very least, I'd like to see more aesthetic differences. Fire Bird=Blue Flame. Stuff like that makes me happy.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't see ganondorf using a trident, only beast ganon used it if i recall correctly.
I think there's concept art of Ganondorf using it somewhere (or maybe that was just OoT's Phantom Ganon), but your point still stands. If Ganon gets a weapon, it's going to be a sword.

-sigh-

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

In the child timeline, Ganondorf is killed in Twilight Princess. Completely and utterly.

Do you even Zelda timeline?
I really need to go through Hyrule Historia or whatever it's called.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
At the very least, I'd like to see more aesthetic differences. Fire Bird=Blue Flame. Stuff like that makes me happy.
yep falco needs some aesthetic changes to different him self from fox, change up the specials a bit with out getting rid of them entirely and the final smash needs to get,
wolf on the other hand, just change the final smash and everything is good to go

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I think there's concept art of Ganondorf using it somewhere (or maybe that was just OoT's Phantom Ganon), but your point still stands. If Ganon gets a weapon, it's going to be a sword.

-sigh-
wind waker ganondorf had the twin katanas that could give us a interesting moveset

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
um why are we talking about wether or not what Zelda characters are going to change when we can talk about new stuff
Because people love their Z too much.

Personally I prefer the air talking about kirby, FE, SF, even about Ridley. But no its always mario/DK/Zelda. lol. it's cool though I guess.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Personally I prefer the air talking about kirby, FE, SF, even about Ridley. But no its always mario/DK/Zelda.
If you're anything like Falco, then you'll get over your preference of the air and love the Landmaster Zelda like everyone else. <3

SUBJECT CHANGE

Let's talk about how stupid Falco's voice is.

"Hands off my bread!"

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
wolf on the other hand, just change the final smash and everything is good to go
Spacies are just a nightmare. I want to see different FSs. Give Falco an Arwing and Wolf a Wolfen, not some random "Wolfen-Landmaster" mumbo jumbo.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

You'd be the wrong one here, it is the same Ganondorf, he simply gets revived each time he dies. If you need an in-game example, he dies completely in the first LoZ and if you get a game over in Adventure of Link he is revived by his minions.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I really need to go through Hyrule Historia or whatever it's called.
Four Swords Adventure.

http://zeldawiki.org/Ganon#Four_Swords_Adventures
The **** are you even-

Oh. I forgot about that guy.

Nobody likes that guy.
:p But it's still a canon reincarnation.
You'd be the wrong one here, it is the same Ganondorf, he simply gets revived each time he dies. If you need an in-game example, he dies completely in the first LoZ and if you get a game over in Adventure of Link he is revived by his minions.
Not the case in Twilgiht Princess going to Four Swords. That's the one time where Ganondorf dies and is not resurrected, but instead reincarnates. I recommend you read the link above.

I know my Zelda timeline WAY too well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But it's still the same guy, reincarnated. Same spirit, same motives. Same as Link.

The difference between T. Link and Ganon is the same as T. Link and Dr. Mario. They're not as iconic.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
other changes I would apreicate would be som difrentce in the Kirby copy abilitys just like a small change to the color of the attack to recognize whitch is your atack

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But it's still the same guy, reincarnated. Same spirit, same motives. Same as Link.

The difference between T. Link and Ganon is the same as T. Link and Dr. Mario. They're not as iconic.
If it works for Link because of his multiple incarnations, it could work for Ganon and Ganondorf.

I'd say Ganon is pretty iconic. He was the original Bowser of the Legend of Zelda. Sure, Ganondorf's more popular, but Ganon's still iconic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom