• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
God, because Link just wouldn't be any fun if he didn't have the most boring items from every Zelda, would he?
no, he wouldn't be iconic, that's the word you are looking for mate, they are the most popular and iconic items, it'll be odd if the spirit of the hero incarnation didn't have them, he shouldn't change them, for a few odd and ends items from the series

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
no, he wouldn't be iconic, that's the word you are looking for mate, they are the most popular and iconic items, it'll be odd if the spirit of the hero incarnation didn't have them, he shouldn't change them, for a few odd and ends items from the series
I'd still love to see Toon Link with the Fire Arrows or the Skull Hammer. Yes, characters SHOULD be iconic, but not everything has to be the exact same. Variety is what I like, less clones. Semis are OK, but still. :ohwell:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And Ganon has appeared as the main antagonist in two huge console titles and three major handheld titles.
Ganon appearing in A Link Between Worlds is still Ganon appearing in A Link Between Worlds. Doesn't matter if the inspiration to the game was to be another game like A Link to the Past, it was still a new Zelda title with Ganon in it.
And I really don't support Pac-Man all that actively. I very rarely get into arguments about him any more.
There was a reason the rest of the post was there.
If I'm wrong about it making as much or more sense for Ganon, my point still stands that than Ganon has appeared in more games, in a similar situation to the Young Links'.
Saying "Ganon's been in more games than Ganondorf" is a really pointless statement, as he was hardly present in any of those games. In TLOZ, he only appears as the Final Boss.

This is especially true in the handheld games, where the real antagonists are simply trying to revive him.

In the Oracle Games, it was Onox/Veran/Twinrova, in Four Swords, it's Vaati, and I don't know about ALBW, but Yuga seems to represent that too.
But in the three games Ganondorf is in, he is the main antagonist. The entire story, he's calling the shots. So naturally, he's way more popular than Ganon.

Besides, Nintendo rarely pulls characters from handheld games anyway. Otherwise, we would definitely have Isaac and Vaati by now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Saying "Ganon's been in more games than Ganondorf" is a really pointless statement, as he was hardly present in any of those games. In TLOZ, he only appears as the Final Boss.

This is especially true in the handheld games, where the real antagonists are simply trying to revive him.

In the Oracle Games, it was Onox/Veran/Twinrova, in Four Swords, it's Vaati, and I don't know about ALBW, but Yuga seems to represent that too.
But in the three games Ganondorf is in, he is the main antagonist. The entire story, he's calling the shots. So naturally, he's way more popular than Ganon.

Besides, Nintendo rarely pulls characters from handheld games anyway. Otherwise, we would definitely have Isaac and Vaati by now.
This is the first Smash to be on a handheld system, so you never know.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
and with my previous post my Zelda stuff has come full circle oh yay

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm surprised no one is talking about alt colors for our roster...unless I'm wrong as that'll be something new
I'd be willing to talk about that. Do you think some characters will get extra colors instead of an alternate costume? I can see that happening for Kirby and Yoshi.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'd still love to see Toon Link with the Fire Arrows or the Skull Hammer. Yes, characters SHOULD be iconic, but not everything has to be the exact same. Variety is what I like, less clones. Semis are OK, but still. :ohwell:
I agree with the skull hammer, i'll love that thing to function similarly to king dedede down b, sadly that feels like a pipe dream, but yes you are right

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
actualy im surprised no ones mentiond the grappling hook for toon link

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Sakurai's sees the trident as something the Smash cast needs to offer, he'll probably add Ganon. He has enough importance in the Zelda series to be considered if I had to be honest.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
And Ganon has appeared as the main antagonist in two huge console titles and three major handheld titles.
Ganon appearing in A Link Between Worlds is still Ganon appearing in A Link Between Worlds. Doesn't matter if the inspiration to the game was to be another game like A Link to the Past, it was still a new Zelda title with Ganon in it.
And I really don't support Pac-Man all that actively. I very rarely get into arguments about him any more.
There was a reason the rest of the post was there.
If I'm wrong about it making as much or more sense for Ganon, my point still stands that than Ganon has appeared in more games, in a similar situation to the Young Links'.
Link is much more Important and unlike Ganon(dorf) is in all zelda games. To say that Ganon can get two versions because we have two Links is foolish. And like I said earlier they're the same character so even if you don't agree with the way it's done Ganondorf is Ganon. The Character Ganon(dorf) is in all those games mentioned.

Morbi

Scavenger
Link is much more Important and unlike Ganon(dorf) is in all zelda games. To say that Ganon can get two versions because we have two Links is foolish. And like I said earlier they're the same character so even if you don't agree with the way it's done Ganondorf is Ganon. The Character Ganon(dorf) is in all those games mentioned.
Would saying that Ganon can have two versions of himself as all other characters from the series do be a more sufficient argument? Perhaps, the notion that we almost had 4 incarnations of Zelda makes the premise seem more plausible?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
actualy im surprised no ones mentiond the grappling hook for toon link
It would serve a similar function to the Hook Shot in a fighting game. I'd like to see him use the Iron Boots for a Down-Air attack. Swap his Smashes for the Skull Hammer. And throw in the Pegasus Boots too, I think it's iconic enough for any version of Link to use.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Except the MAIN Link would already have those things, and no, the word is BORING. B-O-R-I-N-G. Toon Link's goofiness IS iconic. Him using impractical but powerful attacks would fit his character perfectly. Link can be as boring as he wants, but Link is so much more than just "generic medieval fighter", which is exactly what Smash makes him into. It'd be nice to have the side of the Zelda series that wasn't nearly as formulaic as "arrows, swords, bombs".

Not only that, but it further enforces that Toon Link and Link aren't just the same person with a different design, making both characters more unique and attractive (although regular Link can't get much more attractive <3). The adult Link uses the more "adult" items that are more practical, while the child Link uses more "childish", unorthodox weapons.

From where I'm sitting, it looks to me like you just want Smash to be more boring for the sake of tradition.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Except the MAIN Link would already have those things, and no, the word is BORING. B-O-R-I-N-G. Toon Link's goofiness IS iconic. Him using impractical but powerful attacks would fit his character perfectly. Link can be as boring as he wants, but Link is so much more than just "generic medieval fighter", which is exactly what Smash makes him into. It'd be nice to have the side of the Zelda series that wasn't nearly as formulaic as "arrows, swords, bombs".
But that's how sakurai wants him, he's pretty much a YL.

Tough cookies, he's not gonna change. Because of his rule.

Also bombs, boomerang are arrows are not going anywhere, they are the most used and iconic items in the zelda series. I mean he's not gonna pull out a spinner if that's what you want.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Sakurai's sees the trident as something the Smash cast needs to offer, he'll probably add Ganon. He has enough importance in the Zelda series to be considered if I had to be honest.
A trident would offer the same thing as a spear would. Any plausible character that uses a spear can suffice. Not just Beast Ganon. If we're going by popularity's sake Krystal or Waddle Dee would be chosen. Possibly a Fire Emblem character as well. Other than that, I don't know who else would make a good choice as a spear user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom