• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The point of whether we need both or not is irrelevant at this point based on the fact that we already have them both, and it at least seems to me that Sakurai either likes the idea, or sees value in it.
So, let me see if I understand this.
You argue against other alternate versions of characters because they're not "needed", argue that a second Link is needed, then claim how it doesn't matter if a second Link is needed or not anyway since Toon Link is already in Wii U/3DS because "it shows Sakurai sees value in it"?
And yet, you argue against Dr. Mario despite Sakurai already showing he sees value in him?

I never said the young incarnation is more important than the adult Link. Again, I can't explain Sakurai's ideals too in depth. But if you want to know what I think about it, it's that the adult Link became really iconic from the games he comes from, and the young incarnation is iconic from the titles he comes from. Both share a significant part of the series, which is why they are both in Smash. It's something that I can understand. However, I can understand why people can be against it as well.
There's only two games where Link is an "adult" with a debatable third. If that's significant enough for the franchise as a whole to warrant BOTH an "adult" and a "young" Link, then those 5 or so games where Mario goes under a medical persona and the bonus appearances in other Mario games that the Viruses make should be significant enough to include Dr. Mario as well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Please don't type backwards. It's annoying and makes you hard to take seriously.
Ganon has appeared in 6 games as a major antagonist and has a more minor role in 3 more. Ganondorf has appeared in 3 as a major antagonist and has a more minor role 3 more. (Ganondorf is sometimes only there for a bit before becoming Ganon, and Ganon is sometimes there as a form of Ganondorf. I counted those as minor roles. I also only counted canon games.)
We stopped typing backwards forever ago. Get with the program, dude!

Also, sure, Ganon's got more screen time, but Ganondorf has appeared in all of the big, important console titles (sans Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword, which is interesting considering those are the two games with the one-shot villains everybody wants).

I highly doubt we're going to get two Ganons. That's even more absurd than Pacman.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
View attachment 5976
Hey look, a random roster appeared out of nowhere to help quell the nuttiness that's going on here. :p
Without bias...
No Cuts, interesting characters, Little Mac, 9/10.

No I just think they are going to be characters in the roster, no matter how much denial people will give for the Miis.
It's not really going to seem logical if you just force it upon people. :ohwell:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Also, sure, Ganon's got more screen time, but Ganondorf has appeared in all of the big, important console titles (sans Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword, which is interesting considering those are the two games with the one-shot villains everybody wants).

I highly doubt we're going to get two Ganons. That's even more absurd than Pacman.
(I actually was wrong about the minor appearance thing. Add one more to Ganon's side)

Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

While Ganondorf has that, Ganon has the original Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, A Link to the Past, Four Swords Adventure, and the big one, A Link Between Worlds, under his belt. That's more games than the adult Link has been in.

If it makes sense to have two Links because of the Adult and Young Links, then it makes just as much, if not MORE sense for us to have Ganondorf and Ganon.

And, please, don't bother insulting characters I like in an effort to annoy me. Stick with the discussion at hand.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
While Ganondorf has that, Ganon has the original Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, A Link to the Past, and Four Swords Adventure under his belt. That's more games than the adult Link has been in.

If it makes sense to have two Links because of the Adult and Young Links, then it makes just as much, if not MORE sense for us to have Ganondorf and Ganon.
The key difference is that Link is the main character. :troll:

If the leaky 3 get revealed at E3 2014, you guys owe me 5 prediction points. :reverse:
I still call BS on that leak, if anything we'll get Pac-Man and possibly Little Mac.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If the leaky 3 get revealed at E3 2014, you guys owe me 5 prediction points. :reverse:
You can believe in that rumor/"Leak", but I'm not putting any character at a lock. Except Little Mac. Just don't be that one guy who slams it into everyone's face and says that it's 100% true.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I'm forcing people? :urg:
You sort of act like it's surefire, that it's 100% true. I take all things that aren't 100% confirmed with a grain of salt. I don't exactly like it when anyone just comes and slams something on my face without a serious arguement or logical evidence, and I feel like Mac-Pac-Mii is a straight rumor that has no evidence other than "Supposedly" getting the info a day before E3 and then changing his/her story later to say that we would get 6 newcomers at 2013.

Regardless of the details, I either believe a rumor is false or take it with a massive grain of salt.

Morbi

Scavenger
guys I made a never-before seen roster!

That roster is too safe.

You sort of act like it's surefire, that it's 100% true. I take all things that aren't 100% confirmed with a grain of salt. I don't exactly like it when anyone just comes and slams something on my face without a serious arguement or logical evidence, and I feel like Mac-Pac-Mii is a straight rumor that has no evidence other than "Supposedly" getting the info a day before E3 and then changing his/her story later to say that we would get 6 newcomers at 2013.
Regardless of the details, I either believe a rumor is false or take it with a massive grain of salt.
You need evidence for the main representatives of Nintendo and the Wii/Wii U consoles? Do you want the sales angle, or the casual cat-nip angle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The key difference is that Link is the main character. :troll:
And Ganon is the main antagonist.

And, since there are fewer instances of an Adult Link than there are of Ganon, then it at least balances out. Assuming being the main character is the reason for the two Links at current.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I think Little Mac, Ridley, Takamaru, and a third DK character are locks. Ridley, only because the possible stage hazard hasn't been shown since the Pyrosphere reveal five months back.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
(I actually was wrong about the minor appearance thing. Add one more to Ganon's side)

Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

While Ganondorf has that, Ganon has the original Legend of Zelda, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, A Link to the Past, Four Swords Adventure, and the big one, A Link Between Worlds, under his belt. That's more games than the adult Link has been in.

And, please, don't bother insulting characters I like in an effort to annoy me. Stick with the discussion at hand.
You're missing the point. Ganondorf was the main antagonist in three huge console titles. He was almost in the Oracle games. Ganon hasn't really been used since Four Swords Adventures in 2004. He was in A Link Between Worlds because the whole game is a throwback to A Link to the Past.

As it stands, Ganon is the monster form of the character, Ganondorf, and that is finely reflected in his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Should he get a better Final Smash with more control, it would be a perfect representation of the character. But there is literally no reason to include more than one Ganon, as they are the same character, representing the same thing: Evil.

Oh, and I'm sorry I made a satirical comment on your obsession with Pacman. You so aggressively support him, it agitates me.

D

Deleted member

and I feel like Mac-Pac-Mii is a straight rumor that has no evidence other than "Supposedly" getting the info a day before E3 and then changing his/her story later to say that we would get 6 newcomers at 2013.
...wut.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
any way on another completely unrelated note I am going for a big one here Eggman for smash 4 his final smash is the PINGAS

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
You need evidence for the main representatives of Nintendo and the Wii/Wii U consoles? Do you want the sales angle, or the casual cat-nip angle?
Both. One angle is not enough to satisfy me.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
And Ganon is the main antagonist.

And, since there are fewer instances of an Adult Link than there are of Ganon, then it at least balances out. Assuming being the main character is the reason for the two Links at current.
Link is also in twice as many Games than Ganon/Ganondorf.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't recall any changes.
I've heard a lot of variations on it. Forgive me. :facepalm: (This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep -3-)

Still not believing the rumor though. Taking it with a massive grain of salt.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If we're going to have both (and we will), Toon Link and Link should at least have different movesets.

Hell, even just different specials. The games Toon Link has been in have plenty of unique items in them, such as Roc's Cape, the Gust Jar, the Snake Whip, the Fairy Hammer/Skull Hammer...

How about something like

B - Gust Jar: Hold to suck in, which does no damage, but if you let one person get close enough, they'll get sucked in ala Kirby or DeDeDe. The difference is that letting go of the button shoots them out in a forward arc with pretty good knockback, but you can't move around (or change direction, no edge camping but good for edgeguarding) with someone stuck in the jar. So it's actually useful.

Side B - Snake Whip: Link cracks his whip straight out in front of him, straight up, or up at an angle. If you sweetspot someone with the tip, you get the whip-cracking sound and it sends them flying.

Up B - Roc's Cape: Toon Link seemingly grows a set of bright blue-and-white wings. These give you two extra jumps as long as they are active, then dissolve upon landing, or expending both jumps.

Down B - Skull Hammer: Link performs a wide horizontal swing with the Skull Hammer, hitting foes on both sides of him. However, the move has tons of ending lag, making it extremely punishable.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Is it just me or is the quote on the top right have a slightly darker skin complexion...:glare:
it's just you.

also now I get excited and giggle like a little girl every time someone replies to my post because of what it says in the notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom