• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Good evening all, hope you're doing well, and I come today not with a new roster, but with a new topic. As we've seen with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, the trailer displaying said characters show off a crossover scene of some sort, and it's usually things that go well with each other. So my topic is to try and design a scenario for a reveal trailer of newcomer characters you see as likely for this title. For example, a good trailer would be for a battle between Link and Meta Knight, the legendary swords Master Sword and Galaxia battling against one another. Meta Knight being like a challenge to see if Link is worthy of the blade. and in the middle of it all, the Monado comes crashing down from the sky, Shulk appears and pulls the blade out of the round, joining the fight.
Little Mac:
Captain Falcon is fighting Mario or so n so in the Boxing Ring Stage. As the fight goes on, Falcon prepares a Falcon Punch, but as soon as he is abou tto attack, Little Mac dashes in and uses a star uppercut to nail it to Falcon.
Zoroark:
Anything. Just anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai's Cat is the only logical Nintendogs+Cats newcomer.
Sakurai isn't sadistic enough to put his own cat in the game for homicidal fans to kill his cat (in game, of course). I would put my cat in Smash though, I would feel bad about people abusing him... but at the same time it would be so cool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ƃuᴉʇsod ʇoN<

Good evening all, hope you're doing well, and I come today not with a new roster, but with a new topic. As we've seen with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, the trailer displaying said characters show off a crossover scene of some sort, and it's usually things that go well with each other. So my topic is to try and design a scenario for a reveal trailer of newcomer characters you see as likely for this title. For example, a good trailer would be for a battle between Link and Meta Knight, the legendary swords Master Sword and Galaxia battling against one another. Meta Knight being like a challenge to see if Link is worthy of the blade. and in the middle of it all, the Monado comes crashing down from the sky, Shulk appears and pulls the blade out of the round, joining the fight. A battle of legendary blades to condone the entrance of another legendary blade.
When it comes to the context of Shulk, I want to see more of a parody of the introduction to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Good evening all, hope you're doing well, and I come today not with a new roster, but with a new topic. As we've seen with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, the trailer displaying said characters show off a crossover scene of some sort, and it's usually things that go well with each other. So my topic is to try and design a scenario for a reveal trailer of newcomer characters you see as likely for this title. For example, a good trailer would be for a battle between Link and Meta Knight, the legendary swords Master Sword and Galaxia battling against one another. Meta Knight being like a challenge to see if Link is worthy of the blade. and in the middle of it all, the Monado comes crashing down from the sky, Shulk appears and pulls the blade out of the round, joining the fight. A battle of legendary blades to condone the entrance of another legendary blade.
For a Ridley reveal, I wanted to see the Star Fox crew explore Zebes (or Tallon IV, because I want a Tallon IV stage), then get attacked by Ridley.

Morbi

Scavenger
Zoroark: Samus begins to fight Ridley in the Pyrosphere, then turns into Zoroark to fool Ridley supporters. :awesome:
We used to joke about that on Test Your Might, people thought Martian Manhunter would secretly be playable and Scorpion would simply turn into MMH before the fight. I would support this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This Lorule Smashboards stuff is hurting my head...I'm going to play Path of Radiance. Don't forget! I LIKE IKE :ike:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As Hideki Naganuma would say, "That's Enough."

Let's move to a moreso feasible topic rather than just type backwards.
Like Fighter Intros. That's pretty on topic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Zoroark: Samus begins to fight Ridley in the Pyrosphere, then the purple space dragon turns into Zoroark to fool Ridley supporters. :awesome:
Only if he rings out Anna and Sable first :troll:

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ƃuᴉʇsod ʇoN<

When it comes to the context of Shulk, I want to see more of a parody of the introduction to Xenoblade Chronicles.
What kind of black magic is that?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Little Mac:
Captain Falcon is fighting Mario or so n so in the Boxing Ring Stage. As the fight goes on, Falcon prepares a Falcon Punch, but as soon as he is abou tto attack, Little Mac dashes in and uses a star uppercut to nail it to Falcon.
Zoroark:
Anything. Just anything.
Zoroark's easy to design a trailer for, but I'm thinking that making a mirror battle of the Dark Link battle from Ocarina of Time would be really cool, only mid-way through the battle she transforms to other Smash Bros characters to attack Link. Also, King K.Rool's trailer needs to include Toon Link and Tetra's Pirate Ship, a battle on the high-seas.

Also, why is everyone talking in reverse and Noah pretending to be a highly unintelligent version of Scoliosis Jones?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because he's fresh in people's minds and they see why he's so cool now. His other designs are a bit...well:

It's cool, it just doesn't have the same appeal.

(I'm assuming that's your actual thoughts on the matter, and I'm responding accordingly)

Ganondorf and Ganon do not have the same abilities (okay, they both have Dead man's volley, but that's pretty much it). Ganondorf has never wielded a trident, has never summoned bats, is not a giant Pig...I mean, there's a clear difference here.
.retcarahc emas eht er'yeht tuB

.hsamS laniF sih si nonaG tsaeB .tnaveler erom si frodnonaG .ralupop erom si frodnonaG
.ereht ydaerla si nonaG esuaceb ,nonaG deen t'nod eW

.em rof tsaf oot yaw sevom daerht sihT

Louie G.

Smash Hero
LOUIE G IS OUT SICK FOREVER. WA LOUIE G IS TAKING OVER. LORULE SMASHBOARDS IS 1,000,000X BETTER NOW THAT WA LOUIE G IS HERE. WANT TO SEE MY ROSTER?
TOO BAD, WA LOUIE G TIME.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As Hideki Naganuma would say, "That's Enough."

Let's move to a moreso feasible topic rather than just type backwards.
Like Fighter Intros. That's pretty on topic.
Fighter entrances are better:

Little Mac: Chases Doc Louis's bike onto the stage
Dixie Kong: Blue "DX" Barrel
Wars Unit/Andy: Parachutes from the sky
Lip: Poofs in with sparkles like the intro to Panel De Pon

Morbi

Scavenger
Zoroark's easy to design a trailer for, but I'm thinking that making a mirror battle of the Dark Link battle from Ocarina of Time would be really cool, only mid-way through the battle she transforms to other Smash Bros characters to attack Link. Also, King K.Rool's trailer needs to include Toon Link and Tetra's Pirate Ship, a battle on the high-seas.

Also, why is everyone talking in reverse and Noah pretending to be a highly unintelligent version of Scoliosis Jones?
Lorule Smashboards, I have no idea what it means. That is why though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ok here's something for Anna's reveal:
Back in the castle where Chrom's family lives. There on Chrom's bed lies a Smash invitation, as soon as Chrom looks and attempts to grab the letter, Anna snatches the letter right of his hand in a swift manner. Then back at the Battlefield, Marth fights Pac-Man till Anna cuts out of the way between them. Then the message of Anna pops up,"Anna makes the Price-Cut!"

Louie G.

Smash Hero
OK, WANT TO SEE MY ROSTER NOW? IT'S NOT A QUESTION, WA LOUIE G WILL SHOW YOU HIS ROSTER NOW.
WA LOUIE G BEST ROSTER Roster.png

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Morbi

Scavenger
Ok here's something for Anna's reveal:
Back in the castle where Chrom's family lives. There on Chrom's bed lies a Smash invitation, as soon as Chrom looks and attempts to grab the letter, Anna snatches the letter right of his hand in a swift manner. Then back at the Battlefield, Marth fights Pac-Man till Anna cuts out of the way between them. Then the message of Anna pops up,"Anna makes the Price-Cut!"
So Anna is sleeping with Chrom? I can't say I am surprised. He gets around with his devilishly good looks and "My Chemical Romance" hair.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
¿ɔᴉƃɐɯ ʞɔɐlq ʇɐɥM
The black magic you are using now. How does one make their text upside down?

Anyway's to be on topic. I would think that Ridley would have an intro similar to his Super Metroid one. Where all we see is his eyes glow orange. But soon after that, he body starts to phase into view. Mind you I'm talking about battle intros, not trailers.

Morbi

Scavenger
The black magic you are using now. How does one make their text upside down?

Anyway's to be on topic. I would think that Ridley would have an intro similar to his Super Metroid one. Where all we see is his eyes glow orange. But soon after that, he body starts to phase into view.
You forgot about Kirby, he needs to take all of the screen time from Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom