• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd wager that a Young version of Link is more significant to Zelda than that suit is to Metroid.
Which goes back to the point earlier that if you're arguing how important the "young" incarnation of Link is more important that it should be the DEFAULT Link.
Which goes back to the point about how we don't need two separate Links.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To me, it's because there is one Samus. There's a lot of Links and Zeldas.
Well to be fair, the spirit of the Hero is in each and every incarnation, so therefore, every Link is technically the same dude.

At least I think that's how it works.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Which goes back to the point earlier that if you're arguing how important the "young" incarnation of Link is more important that it should be the DEFAULT Link.
The point is less what is needed and more what Sakurai thinks is needed.

Well to be fair, the spirit of the Hero is in each and every incarnation, so therefore, every Link is technically the same dude.

At least I think that's how it works.
Not really. They're all the hero, but they're different incarnations with different appearances, memories, and the like. All Link, but all different Links.

D

Deleted member

The point is less what is needed and more what Sakurai thinks is needed.
Which, goes back to the initial point I made in that Sakurai never said that two Links are needed.

EDIT: And before you bring up there being two Links in Wii U/3DS, that isn't any indication that its a necessity for there to be two Links.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And to think that Wii Fit Trainer had so much support. She was considered a shoo-on. Now look at us. We're terrible at this!
(ironically the being terrible at this part applies to both Smashboards, anti and vanilla)

At least we did manage to call Nintendog. I mean all of us. Except Anti-BluePikmin11. Must feel odd to be the only one not to see that one coming.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The point of whether we need both or not is irrelevant at this point based on the fact that we already have them both, and it at least seems to me that Sakurai either likes the idea, or sees value in it.

I never said the young incarnation is more important than the adult Link. Again, I can't explain Sakurai's ideals too in depth. But if you want to know what I think about it, it's that the adult Link became really iconic from the games he comes from, and the young incarnation is iconic from the titles he comes from. Both share a significant part of the series, which is why they are both in Smash. It's something that I can understand. However, I can understand why people can be against it as well.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
One thing about toon link, since he was never in any cutscenes during brawl, i kinda feel like hed be the one character to not be in any this time either. Such as the ones for rosalina's and mega mans introductions, id assume they would continue to use just link.

Morbi

Scavenger
One thing about toon link, since he was never in any cutscenes during brawl, i kinda feel like hed be the one character to not be in any this time either. Such as the ones for rosalina's and mega mans introductions, id assume they would continue to use just link.
He did have a cut-scene, it was just a really lame one.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'm starting to somewhat like the idea of having Ganon for some reason (provided Ganondorf gets a new moveset).

Maybe it's because his ALBW design looks so badass?

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Wait, are GoldenYuiitusin and Scoliosis Jones arguing as Lorule versions of themselves, or are they just having non-jokingly civil disagreements? It can be rather difficult to tell due to the context of all these other tongue-in-cheek posts pertaining towards Lorule.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wait, are GoldenYuiitusin and Scoliosis Jones arguing as Lorule versions of themselves, or are they just having non-jokingly civil disagreements? It can be rather difficult to tell due to the context of all these other tongue-in-cheek posts pertaining towards Lorule.
Actually, I'm just creeping around and waiting until I can get Golden into the perfect spot for me to catch him before he falls asleep and runs off again.:troll:

Seriously though, we're not joking. We're just debating the importance of two Links.

That, and I'm back to Booker, but I'm creeping.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm starting to somewhat like the idea of having Ganon for some reason (provided Ganondorf gets a new moveset).

Maybe it's because his ALBW design looks so badass?
I honestly really hoping that they use Ganon instead of Ganondorf in the Wii U Zelda. Just seeing him in HD would be amazing, honestly.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll take anything. I knew Morbid would hunt me down and make it known that the only thing not liked was my new profile picture.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
.tsaf oot yaw sevom daerht sihT

.seitiliba emas eht htiw retcarahc emas eht era frodnonaG dna nonaG ,seires adleZ eht fo sedis owt stneserper hcihw ,kniL dna kniL nooT ekilnU .nonaG deen ew yhw ees t'nod i yllanosreP
.snonaG owt naht seitiliba nwo sih htiw frodnonaG evah rehtar dluow I

Morbi

Scavenger

.seitiliba emas eht htiw retcarahc emas eht era frodnonaG dna nonaG ,seires adleZ eht fo sedis owt stneserper hcihw ,kniL dna kniL nooT ekilnU .nonaG deen ew yhw ees t'nod i yllanosreP
I got to the first sentence, and then I gave up.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh no. It's... ANTI-BOOKER!

HIS SPINE IS CURVED IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AND HE'S MISSING THE OPPOSITE KIDNEY.

I WILL END YOU!

EDIT: BTW thanks for getting Booker back up in here guys. I'll bring some souvenirs back from Columbia for you.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're doing well, and I come today not with a new roster, but with a new topic. As we've seen with Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, the trailer displaying said characters show off a crossover scene of some sort, and it's usually things that go well with each other. So my topic is to try and design a scenario for a reveal trailer of newcomer characters you see as likely for this title. For example, a good trailer would be for a battle between Link and Meta Knight, the legendary swords Master Sword and Galaxia battling against one another. Meta Knight being like a challenge to see if Link is worthy of the blade. and in the middle of it all, the Monado comes crashing down from the sky, Shulk appears and pulls the blade out of the round, joining the fight. A battle of legendary blades to condone the entrance of another legendary blade.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

.daer ot gniyonna s'ti ,esrever ni etirw t'nod esaelP

Morbi

Scavenger
If he's not playable, at least better be an AT.
Yes, Skullkid replaces Tingle. Phantom is an assist trophy, and we will get a third Legend of Zelda assist trophy. They might even reveal it tomorrow because they like to reveal ALL of the series ATs around the same time.

Sorry about that, repressed frustration be coming out of every orifice.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Now I understand why everyone randomly wants Ganon.
Because he's fresh in people's minds and they see why he's so cool now. His other designs are a bit...well:

It's cool, it just doesn't have the same appeal.

(I'm assuming that's your actual thoughts on the matter, and I'm responding accordingly)

Ganondorf and Ganon do not have the same abilities (okay, they both have Dead man's volley, but that's pretty much it). Ganondorf has never wielded a trident, has never summoned bats, is not a giant Pig...I mean, there's a clear difference here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom