• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Here's a unique character. Don't judge him on likelihood, judge him in uniqueness. So leave your bias out of it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think Toon Link is the best Young Link we can get, since he seems to represent both the Young Link's and the Toon styled games, which makes up a good deal of games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
:ganondorf:: Is that wrong if I have the trident?
:link2:: Yes, Ganondorf, it is. Because we must have second incarnations of everyone.
Thank you for your amazing contribution to the conversation.

What I'm saying is that Ganondorf does not need to use the trident to make a unique moveset. If Sakurai wanted to, he could (even if it would be a little weird). But Ganondorf has enough at his disposal that he doesn't need to dip into his alternate form's abilities.

Scoliosis Jones said:
Ganon and Ganondorf, while different forms, are the same person. Instead of spending time on two of the same character, in my opinion, he should focus on improving Ganondorf overall, and focus on other series.

When newcomers are coming in a smaller pack overall, and are getting in based on what they can bring to the table that others cannot, I find it heavily hypocritical for Classic Ganon to get in, let alone Toon Zelda. I just don't see the allure of adding more than one of the same character at this point. Sure, the moveset is different, but it's still a bad idea with little provocation to do so.
You are entitled to your own opinion, and I respect that.

In my mind, including Ganon would not be a waste of time simply because he would be such a unique character that represents a part of the Legend of Zelda series which is currently ignored, but I see why someone could disagree.

(I do agree entirely that Toon Zelda is a terrible idea, though. I don't want another Toon.)
  1. Many want Ganondorf's Final Smash to be closer to Giga Bowser.
  2. Having both a Ganon and a Decloned Ganondorf at once would be bad for both of them, because their potential is very similar. They would cannibalize each others uniqueness. This is not a problem when Ganon is Final Smash, but would be a problem as a seperate character.
  3. That point was non-specific reasons other may have.
We already have Ganon, Zelda wouldn't be repped much better.

He Already does, as a Final Smash.
1. I would be fine with this, actually.
2. I personally disagree. Ganondorf's potential is largely seperate from Ganon's. Ganon's includes the trident, bats, and whatnot, while Ganondorf's includes more magic attacks and swords.
3. Gotcha.

Ganon's representation is poorly done. As a final Smash, we get the concept across that Ganondorf can transform into a beast. However, in many Zelda games, Ganondorf is not present and Ganon is the main antagonist. (The Ganon I'm specifically talking about is the blue one with the trident, as that's the one that has appeared in most games. The exceptions are Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time.)

Is Ganon the new Impa?
Nah. I don't think he'll actually be getting in, I'm just trying to say that it's possible.

Also, TOO MANY REPLIES! I CAN'T TYPE THAT FAST! (Only half kidding)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So a Lorule version of smashboards?

Hah wouldnt that be funny to see the opposite of everyone here
in that world i'll be a big supporting fan of krystal, and would want wolf replaced . . . *shiver*
I would probably be an alien to you guys the way I would act in that world, so much where if I ever met him, i'll probably kill him

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So a Lorule version of smashboards?

Hah wouldnt that be funny to see the opposite of everyone here
I'd just be an a**hole who yells at everybody and threatens to kill them.

Also, I wouldn't be a Nintendo fan, I'd be a CoD fanboy who does nothing with his life except pretend to be a #YOLOSWAG person and get sentenced to life in prison by age 15.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Actually, this would probably be a Sony All-Stars board.
If there is anything that Bioshock Infinite taught me, in alternate dimensions, there are variables, and constants.

In this proposed scenario, Smashboards is still a message board for a Nintendo game.

Maybe in this alternate universe, I'll have a straight spine! :awesome:

Oh, and Ridley will be too small.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Judging by the way Lorule is portrayed, and the people within, it's likely that everyone would still be the same person with the same opinions, we'd all just be huge assholes about it all the time.

...so really, most of us wouldn't change. :troll: My dicketry can continue unharmed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'd probably be the number #1 hater of Vaati and would be the Yolo Swag kind of person, and I'd hate DBZ too, but I'd love Birdo to death and be thankful Microsoft destroyed Banjo-Kazooie.

D

Deleted member

Well at this point, I think if Sakurai didn't think it was a good idea to have two Links, we wouldn't have two Links in Smash Bros.
He thought Dr. Mario was a good idea that he planned on having him return in Brawl unlike Pichu.
So.....why is a second Mario so unacceptable when a second Link is fine?

Again, the reasoning that you posted makes sense. Young Links (and in turn Toon Link) are a large part of Zelda, and do a great job of representing the series. Younger Links make more appearances than the older version anyway. But it's all irrelevant. If Sakurai has that statement on that page, then that it what we have to work off of.
Good for the younger Links.
Doesn't validate why we need two Links, though. Since they're all just "Link" anyway, why not make a younger incarnation the default Link and have it be the only one? Or is there some excuse as to why two are absolutely necessary?

While he doesn't say Toon Link directly, I think it's fair to assume that Toon Link is a visual upgrade to Young Link, likely to stay relevant with the titles released as of late, and in turn is relatable to the context of the quote.
If Sakurai wanted to stay relevant, why wouldn't he have gone with this Link?

It's practically the "ideal" design for Link in general (outside the bracelet); it reflects the pre-OoT era AND a newer title. It's also a younger incarnation.

If making sure there's a younger Link in Smash is so damn important, the most logical route would be to use this style of Link as the "main" Link, and have Zelda and Ganon match it (only issue would be Sheik, but again, relevance).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He thought Dr. Mario was a good idea that he planned on having him return in Brawl unlike Pichu.
So.....why is a second Mario so unacceptable when a second Link is fine?

Good for the younger Links.
Doesn't validate why we need two Links, though. Since they're all just "Link" anyway, why not make a younger incarnation the default Link and have it be the only one? Or is there some excuse as to why two are absolutely necessary?

If Sakurai wanted to stay relevant, why wouldn't he have gone with this Link?

It's practically the "ideal" design for Link in general (outside the bracelet); it reflects the pre-OoT era AND a newer title. It's also a younger incarnation.

If making sure there's a younger Link in Smash is so damn important, the most logical route would be to use this style of Link as the "main" Link, and have Zelda and Ganon match it (only issue would be Sheik, but again, relevance).
Having a second Link actually makes sense in regards to the series it is representing though. There is logic behind it. Dr. Mario doesn't have that.

He could have gone with the classic look, however, Toon Link is still the dominant design of the younger Links in the last few years. Of course this point is honestly irrelevant to the discussion.

It makes sense to have a second Link with a different design for two reasons. One is that there are games with either young or older Link, both have relevant and important roles throughout the series. The second is that the designs differentiate them better (this is my opinion moreso than fact.)

Toon Link not only covers a significant amount of Zelda history, but also represents the child Link in general...

Some people just like to play as a younger Link. Again, if Sakurai didn't like the idea, he would have scrapped it. Not that he didn't like Dr. Mario, but if we take what happened with Brawl into account, then it would appear that Sakurai found a second Link more important than a second Mario, and I would have to agree with him.

I can't say why he chose the Toon Design for sure. It's Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom