• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Lack of character development doesn't make you a Mary Sue. Being a Mary Sue means that the character is sort of like a self-insert in that the character is flawless by design.

Also, I'm pretty sure Micaiah had more character development than Ike in RD. His whole half the game can be summarized by "I fight for my friends".

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lack of character development doesn't make you a Mary Sue. Being a Mary Sue means that the character is sort of like a self-insert in that the character is flawless by design.

Also, I'm pretty sure Micaiah had more character development than Ike in RD. His whole half the game can be summarized by "I fight for my friends".
I know what it means, but I still see people call both Ike and Macaiah Mary Sues/Gary Stu's even though they have personalities. Yet, she still lacked the character development needed, but Ike had both PoR and RD to show people what he's like and the latter truly showed, with him being the sole protagonist in the installment. So people didn't really find Ike that underdeveloped as Micaiah, as he had a lot more time for it, unlike her.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I thought that Isaac was the one you guys were talking about.

Personally, I've always felt like Fire Emblem deserves the Magic part of the series to be represented, and that's the main reason I support Robin. That, and I've never seen Isaac as terribly likely, so I don't have a problem with Robin filling the archetype that he would have otherwise filled.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Imagine if Sakurai meant this would be the last day without a pic, meaning the pic isn't till the 7th. Hoping I'm not right, but I might be.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Micaiah gets called the Mary Sue because of her special abilities, status, the whole incident in Part 4 and is forgiven quickly for her previous actions, so people throw the Mary Sue term at her. Ironically, they ignore that the game beforehand criticized those actions, highlighted her mistakes and even her allies were quick to call her out so she wasn't treated as a perfect or idealized character. Hell, if it wasn't for Part 4 (or at least, if it was written better), she probably wouldn't be called a Mary Sue at all.

Ike does fall into the category of an "Idealized Character" a bit in RD as he has no flaws, no drawbacks, the game heaps praise on him, he steals the spotlight from Micaiah and so on, but again that does ignore all of the things he did to get there in the previous game as he grows there and starts to become a better leader so there wasn't much more for him to grow. They could've been better about balancing his story with Micaiah's, but he's still not really a Gary Stu when you take in everything the character has done.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well now we know that each version will have their own trophies too. Interesting to say the least. Much like the stages, Wii-U will get console trophies. And 3DS will get handheld trophies. What do you guys think of the update? I feel like it was better than the run of the mill update. Though I know more people were wanting some Zelda info. I did too, still not too bad of an update.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Goddamn, that picture of Battlefield is from the 3DS? Sexy.

I still say the 3DS is hands-down the best video game machine to have right now.

Aw, everyone clear out, Saria deconfirmed. :C Time to head home, boys.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well now we know that each version will have their own trophies too. Interesting to say the least. Much like the stages, Wii-U will get console trophies. And 3DS will get handheld trophies. What do you guys think of the update? I feel like it was better than the run of the mill update. Though I know more people were wanting some Zelda info. I did too, still not too bad of an update.
There was Zelda info! Saria confirmed as trophy!

Oh you meant princess Zelda. My bad

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Trophies don't necessarily confirm or deconfirm a character, remember playable characters have 'em too. :p
Though, Saria's probably not getting in.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
and now even more formal deconfirmations will begin to show up.

Joyous~

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so they have to be pretty far in development and somewhat close to release if they're showing off trophies now, right?It seems like that'd be one of the last things since it's somewhat of a small detail compared to everything else.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If it we're a character that had an actual chance then people would be way more split.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Trophies don't necessarily confirm or deconfirm a character, remember playable characters have 'em too. :p
Though, Saria's probably not getting in.
Because Sakurai would show a playable character's trophy before confirming the character. But, yeah she's PROBABLY not getting in.

I actually had to go to Miiverse to see what the hell you guys were talking about. It didn't show up on the site for me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Would have preferred Sakurai deconfirm a character we thought might be playable so we can stop speculating it blindly. Like Tingle, Vaati, or I don't know maybe ****ING IMPA!

D

Deleted member

As for trophies, I hope some series like Wario and Kid Icarus won't be under-represented this time.

And will be done more right for others like Zelda and Donkey Kong.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
How many of those have an actual chance though?
About as much of a chance as Toad getting out of Peach's dress, the perv.
But **** man, can I just have a FE character that uses something other than a sword? Like Ceada? plz?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yes she is Marth's wife.
EDIT: Well they do have a chance, but compared to Chrom, Roy and Lucina its rather minor.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No revealing of the fact that it's a Special mystery that is the Phantom is kind of a dissapointment indeed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No revealing of the fact that it's a Special mystery that is the Phantom is kind of a dissapointment indeed.
It's fine really. I mean we have until he reveals Sheik the game launches in later this year so there is no real need to rush that out quickly.

Doesn't mean I don't want to see it be an AT any sooner though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's no AT. It'll function like one most likely yes, but it's not an AT by itself.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
He said the models will be different, not the trophies in general.
Either way, Saria deconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom