• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I Hope so... But I'm not sure though. 3DS hardware is quite limited compared to the WiiU
It's really not nearly as bad as people claim.

It'll just have less impressive graphics than the Wii U version, is all. They were planning to make it 3DS only at one point, after all. I think they can handle it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
It was a newcomer list that was given to a person, not a rumor.
A list with absolutely no evidence as to why it was true. Where did the person get it from? Who? When? Give me a full arguement. I'm very stringent on rumors and I believe all are false till confirmed.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's really just an unproven rumor, it won't be proven until the 3 are confirmed until then, you can't say it's 100% certain.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What list?
A guy from a gaming website was given a list of newcomers from an unk that was suppose to be shown at E3 2013, the list contained WFT, Villager, Megaman, and Little-Pac-Mii.
The thing that makes the leak valid is that it contained Wii Fit Trainer, a character that no one could've guessed. (Besides BigAxie)
The guy posted the list days before E3 2013 began.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
*Awaiting the incoming storm in the Buffalo area. Hooray for 30 below zero!

That leak is nothing but a rumor until all three are confirmed. All three make sense for the most part, which is why it's believable, but at the same time, anybody could have guessed those three.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
There is a chance he could've mixed up the last 3 newcomers though. We'll have to wait till the E3 2014 Nintendo Direct.
I don't think we'll see the Mii, Pac-Man, and Little Mac next E3, it'd be a little underwhelming, not much of anything to get hyped up. I think it'd probably be something like Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, and Vaati

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
A guy from a gaming website was given a list of newcomers from an unk that was suppose to be shown at E3 2013, the list contained WFT, Villager, Megaman, and Little-Pac-Mii.
The thing that makes the leak valid is that it contained Wii Fit Trainer, a character that no one could've guessed. (Besides BigAxie)
First of all, the guy could've easily added fake information about the other three characters into a real leak. It happens.
Secondly, according to this "leak" the characters were supposed to be revealed during E3. They weren't. Six months later and they're nowhere to be seen. In fact we even got another newcomer, Rosalina.

I could see those characters making it in, but the "leak" is definitely false.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't think we'll see the Mii, Pac-Man, and Little Mac next E3, it'd be a little underwhelming, not much of anything to get hyped up. I think it'd probably be something like Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, and Vaati
He can reveal whatever character he likes for any event. Even if it sounds like an underwhelming reveal.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Everyone keeps saying that it must be real because he predicted Miss Fit, I still think it's a load of BS with some lucky guesses.

So basically if Sakurai announced the Happy Mask Salesman as playable, you'd all think I'm some sort of prophet and that everything I say must be true? :troll:

Just because he got one lucky long-shot guess doesn't mean he had inside info, you can bet your arse that someone, somewhere was thinking about some sort of Game & Watch representation before Melee. This guy was probably just a big fan of Wii Fit, maybe it helped him lose a few pounds. :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm inclined to believe that the leak was at least partially true. Mainly because the guy who was tipped off made a "prediction" with those characters just to see what would happen. There's no way that was a lucky guess.

Something like the Happy Mask Salesman has at least been suggested before. There wasn't a single person who seriously believed that the Trainer would get in before E3.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Something like the Happy Mask Salesman has at least been suggested before. There wasn't a single person who seriously believed that the Trainer would get in before E3.
You are chatting with one of the few that called it. (As in me. Seriously.)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Wii Fit Trainer was a character from an out-there genre, whom we almost all of us thought Sakurai would never pull off for a character.
Normally you we would get characters from RPGs, action games, and platformers. But with Miss Fit, it totally broke our predictions.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Really? Am I supposed to take your word on that? 'Cause that's an awful bold accusation.
I really do like Wii Fit, and it's a very strong franchise for Nintendo. I thought that it would be one of the early reveals, but then again, I believed that Smash would get revealed BEFORE E3. And I thought it would be the male trainer alongside someone else, not "Miss Fit". I didn't call Megaman, and was shocked he got in.

On another note, I hate lies. I will say that I miscalled the gender of the trainer, but I did see it as an early newcomer.

There's a lot of newcomers that I see and don't see. I'm a bit blinded with Little Mac, but seriously, that was the first newcomer I expected. Not Megaman or Villager. I thought Villager would be one of the final reveals, honestly.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd be perfectly fine with that rumor if Pac-Man wasn't involved.

Let's put in the Pong Paddle and Centipede while we're at it, because they were all good for the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom