• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey everybody, what do you expect for Monday's pic. For me I'm not so optimistic since I'm expecting something boring like Luigi's nose or Miss Fit laying on the floor.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Zoroark > Mewtwo > Lucario. :troll:
Technically this is true if you look at the typing of each pokemon.

Hey everybody, what do you expect for Monday's pic. For me I'm not so optimistic since I'm expecting something boring like Luigi's nose or Miss Fit laying on the floor.
It'd be nice to see Mario, Sonic and MegaMan in a three-way match on the Battlefield, the three big characters of Smash 4 on the first stage shown off, seems kind of a nice note to start the new-year off on

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Zoroark > Mewtwo > Lucario. :troll:
Zoroark would've been cooler if he would've actually been cool.

Expect WFT to be laying Luigi's nose.

With Ridley in the clouds.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hoping for some clarification on Phantom Zelda so we can get that mess cleared up, but I'm not really expecting to see anything remarkable on Monday. Hopefully sometime next week, at least...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I actually quite like the Illusion ability, though it would be nice if it was more useful.

Zoroark's really not my type, though. Which is ironic, as Dark is my favorite type.

EDIT: Do you guys ever sit and think that these support threads are all useless? Smash 4's roster is already chosen, the characters locked. We just don't know what they are yet. It's kinda scary and relieving at the same time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Zoroark would've been cooler if he would've actually been cool.

Expect WFT to be laying Luigi's nose.

With Ridley in the clouds.
At least Ridley in the clouds sparks a topic, once you see Luigi or WFT doing something unexciting there's nothing too discuss.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
EDIT: Do you guys ever sit and think that these support threads are all useless? Smash 4's roster is already chosen, the characters locked. We just don't know what they are yet. It's kinda scary and relieving at the same time.
No it's tons of fun discussing movesets and their chances for characters. It really helps fuel creativity here, it might help people with future jobs involving media. ;)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
All we've seen is her in the poster and the release trailer, and since then it's been quiet. Besides, it's not like I think she's got a great chance, it's more along the lines of the fact that she'd be my next choice for a Animal Crossing character as she can represent the newer game as the Villager doesn't use anything from New Leaf. I can even show you the moveset if you want. Also, was that last part necessary? I don't find it offensive but c'mon...you're not Noah, no need to be sarcastic about it. Also, if my comment came across as offensive before, I apologize.
Okay okay, it was kinda hard to tell what your opinions and reasons were without you mentioning them.

Last part was sort of unintentionally rude sarcastic, I will admit that. I was trying to see how emoticons would look in my posts, and I don't think it's a good look for me. So please forgive me for that.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I actually quite like the Illusion ability, though it would be nice if it was more useful.

Zoroark's really not my type, though. Which is ironic, as Dark is my favorite type.

It's all useless in its own right as we can't change the outcome, but until everything is shown off, predicting is still always fun. Some things are easy to deduce (Like Mewtwo's return and MegaMan's inclusion) and some are things we never see coming (Like Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina to some extent) It's still fun to wish that your favorite characters make it to the game, and designing movesets is also very fun. :p

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
In terms of who I want in Smash...
Mewtwo > Lucario > Genesect > Zoroark
Those four seem to be the ones 'competing' for a spot in Smash. Personally I hope it's Mewtwo and Lucario though I'd be fine with Genesect replacing Lucario, though he would be missed.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Just too anime for me, I guess.
It's not really that anime, just very stylish. You want Anime? try the fourth boss in Kirby's Return to Dreamland. :p

Okay okay, it was kinda hard to tell what your opinions and reasons were without you mentioning them.

Last part was sort of unintentionally rude sarcastic, I will admit that. I was trying to see how emoticons would look in my posts, and I don't think it's a good look for me. So please forgive me for that.
It's alright, no harm done. And I didn't mention my points? My apologies, but yes, it's those reasons I picked Isabelle for the second Animal Crossing character and designed her moveset. I'm at least happy I got some other people to see things how I see it, but I know everyone thinks differently.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I would put Zoroark in third place since he's probably the most unique out of all those Pokemon newcomers.
Though I'd be okay with Zoroark (probably a meh reaction) I just find Genesect a lot more cooler, plus being Mewtwo's rival, it would make sense for both to be in the game.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Is Genesect for Smash 4 actually a thing?
It is, but I do really think that if any fifth gen pokemon was given a chance, it'd be Zoroark, since I personally believe she'd be a more unique character.

Though I'd be okay with Zoroark (probably a meh reaction) I just find Genesect a lot more cooler, plus being Mewtwo's rival, it would make sense for both to be in the game.
Really wasn't that much a rivalry, seeing as it took like five Genesects to match one Mewtwo...and they still lost to her. :p

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They should give Pokemon Trainer three starters from across three different generations; specifically, 2, 3, and 5, who didn't get reps (2 got Pichu...but...it's Pichu).

Totodile, Servine, Blaziken, anyone?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Almost all Pokemon look cool as hell, but if they don't really bring anything new, you might as well not make them a character.
Well, there are pokemon out there that don't look cool, but freaking wreck everything. For example:

And there's cute pokemon that wreck house, for example:

Cutest pseudo-legendary ever, and one of the better ones too.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would say Zoroark and Genesect are in the same position as Debbie; popular for a time; but less so now. I'm confident Lucario, Mewtwo, and all the Pokes from Brawl will return.

New topic: if there was a new Pokemon(s) representing the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, or 6th gen of Pokemon, who would it be?

For second, I choose a Johto Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion. For third, I choose Plusle & Minun as a semi clone of Pikachu. For 6th, I pick Hawlucha, obviously.

And nobody likes B/W.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Almost all Pokemon look cool as hell, but if they don't really bring anything new, you might as well not make them a character.
Genesect has all those elemental drives it can use, which affect Techno Blast. :p

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I would say Zoroark and Genesect are in the same position as Debbie; popular for a time; but less so now. I'm confident Lucario, Mewtwo, and all the Pokes from Brawl will return.

New topic: if there was a new Pokemon(s) representing the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, or 6th gen of Pokemon, who would it be?

For second, I choose a Johto Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion. For third, I choose Plusle & Minun as a semi clone of Pikachu. For 6th, I pick Hawlucha, obviously.

And nobody likes B/W.
2nd Gen: Gold/Johto Trainer with: Chikorita, Quilava, and Feraligatr
3rd: Deoxys
5th: Genesect
6th: HAWLUCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edit: 6th: OR Kalos Trainer: Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

And nobody likes B/W.
2nd Gen: Johto Trainer
3rd Gen: Mawile (Has Mega Mawile)
5th Gen: Zoroark
6th: Sylveon

And I LOVE Black and White.

Also, Noah's comment still makes me laugh. We get it, you have bias against Mewtwo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My personal favorites were Gen 2 and Gen 5. Those games were the most fun for me. So yeah, I liked Black&White and Gold&Silver a lot, still do. Pokemon XD was cool too.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, we're talking pokemon still, so here's Zoroark:

She still looks so bad@$$.

My personal favorites were Gen 2 and Gen 5. Those games were the most fun for me. So yeah, I liked Black&White and Gold&Silver a lot, still do. Pokemon XD was cool too.
You didn't like the super awesome gen 2 remakes?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A special that changes the visual effect of one of your other specials! Woo!

Despite having Ghirahim all over your posts, I now love you.

hugpls
I'd ask what's wrong with Ghirahim, but I already know what's wrong with him - he's too fabulous!

Also, I know we're not discussing Ridley anymore, but I know we will, so I'm gonna mention a good way to determine whether or not a character's too big: when they can't fit between the floor and platform on Battlefield.

D

Deleted member

I'm very meh on Zoroark. It would be cool, but I rather have other Pokemon. I see potential with the Illusion ability, though I dunno how that would work in a moveset. I am also very meh on Lucario as I did not like it' moveset in Brawl.

I absolutely love the Pokemon franchise, but when it comes to Pokemon newcomers, I only really want Mewtwo to return. A solo Charizard would be sweet however.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd ask what's wrong with Ghirahim, but I already know what's wrong with him - he's too fabulous!

Also, I know we're not discussing Ridley anymore, but I know we will, so I'm gonna mention a good way to determine whether or not a character's too big: when they can't fit between the floor and platform on Battlefield.
But Bowser is already in the game and he clips through the platform.

D

Deleted member

I guess Bowser is too big for Smash. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom