• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was just playing Pokemon X today... I will play Pokemon Y tomorrow... I alternate between both games every other day... I am really enjoying the games... I am not in a hurry... just taking my time battling wild Pokemon, catching new Pokemon and leveling them up to evolve them... I just cleared the first gym today on Pokemon X... I will do the same again on Pokemon Y tomorrow. :awesome:
Hey make sure you give Torchic Adamant Nature when you start the game, it might help you on the "competitive" side if you ever download the Fire starter.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well, here are the pokemon I expect to see on the final roster-
image.jpg

Notice the guy peekin in the corner...:pichumelee::troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah, it's pretty funny, but most of the "big-name" Megas are actually pretty ****. The less-popular ones like Megaskhan and Megawile are the ones who are really getting the spotlight in the competetive scene.
Poor Mega Alakazam. I hear he's less useful than a regular Alakazam competitively due to his obvious inability to hold Focus Sash.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Do any other mega evolution's have a giant statue in the tower of mastery? Do any other mega pokemon have the whole mega evolution story revovling around? Do any other mega pokemon have a in game plot? Thats why I'm saying he is the most recognizable mega evo.
1. Nope, but this really has nothing to do with how popular he is, just that the devs put a statue of the first Mega you get in the tower that you'll never go into again.

2. Yes, actually, and that's all of them. Lucario is just the setpiece used to represent Mega Evolution for that short time in the story, then never again. The real star is Mega Evolution itself, which is relevant far longer than Lucario within the story. Again, this has no bearing on his popular reception or how recognizable he is, so it's another null point.

3. Yeah, Gardevoir and Gyarados. They have all the plot related to them that Mega Lucario does.

4. You still keep referring to in-game points. The game itself has nothing to do with how popular or well-received Mega Lucario was. It was just who they chose to be the first one, likely because it was one that they could safely give away without it being too consequential to the story; Lucarios are insanely easy to get ingame, so they figured giving you another wouldn't hurt, unlike something like Gengar or Houndoom, who you actually have to work pretty far in to get.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Do any other mega evolution's have a giant statue in the tower of mastery? Do any other mega pokemon have the whole mega evolution story revovling around? Do any other mega pokemon have a in game plot? Thats why I'm saying he is the most recognizable mega evo.
Puh-lease, we all know who the Mega Evolution REALLY will revolve around:

Also, Mega Gyarados has importance as it's used by the main antagonist and Mega Gardevoir is used by the champion, both of which are not in a unneeded and boring tutorial.

On the competitive side of things at least, it makes Mawile a lot more viable. An awesome Steel/Fairy typing, with Huge Power effectively giving it a base stat of 259 attack with the potential to boost it further with Swords Dance, plus Sucker Punch to compensate for the low speed.
Giving Mega Mawile Iron Defense is much more effective than Swords Dance. Huge Power is basically an always-working Swords dance.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
You know what's hilarious? When people on Miiverse try to convince you they work for Nintendo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't really see why it matters whether or not Lucario is as iconic or promoted as Mewtwo. The two of them aren't competing for a spot on the roster.
So much this. Just because ChaosZero's source and DeviantArt artists portray it that way, doesn't make it true. Might as well say Diddy Kong and Roy are competing for a roster spot because both have Neutral Specials that involve charging a weapon that explodes at maximum capacity.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Mewtwo isn't the only one. A Charizard with Flamethrower, Fire Spin, and Rock-Smash? Are you kidding me?

For that matter, a Squirtle with Water Gun, Withdraw, and Waterfall, and an Ivysaur with Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed, and Vine Whip. OR Pikachu with Thunder, Skull Bash (which it can't learn since Gen I), Quick-Attack, and Volt Tackle.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
You know what's hilarious? When people on Miiverse try to convince you they work for Nintendo.
Lol the trolls saying that sakurai fired iwata and ssb4 is being moved to Xbox one and vita, and will contain shadow and goku..

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I could but I don't want to restart my game over and over again when my Torchic is adamant about getting different natures except Adamant... I can always breed a bunch of Torchic later on anyway... I know Ditto is at Pokemon Village.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol the trolls saying that sakurai fired iwata and ssb4 is being moved to Xbox one and vita, and will contain shadow and goku..
You know that is legit. They forgot about Master Chief though, he is going to be in. Bill Gates told me all about it while we were having tea with Sora Ltd. interns.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well that's obviously not true. The game would be on the Atari Jaguar and contain Shrek and Spider-Man.
DUDE!!! Your not supposed to leak that! What will happen to your cousins neighbors friends ex-wife's grandpa who works for namco? They can get fired!!!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
DUDE!!! Your not supposed to leak that! What will happen to your cousins neighbors friends ex-wife's grandpa who works for namco? They can get fired!!!
That grandpa owes me a lot of money after that crazy cocaine raid, so yes I don't mind watching him get fired as payback.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Pssst. Don't tell anybody this, or else I'll get fired from my job. I'm an anonymous leaker from Nintendo's creative department, and... oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
My dog works at Nintendo, and he says that all characters, stages, items, and modes will be replaced with Ridley.

Then the game will be cancelled because it's too big.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm an undercover spy and I found out that the SSB64 roster will only have 12 characters, those being Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Fox, Samus, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ness, and Link

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My dog works at Nintendo, and he says that all characters, stages, items, and modes will be replaced with Ridley.

Actually, there will be 43 discs and you have to load them in order to play the game.

However, it must be in order, otherwise the console turns into a radioactive psycho crab that will ravage the whole town, kill everyone you loved dearly, and leave a open container of yogurt in the fridge.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

dude you con talk to doge oh man that such cool

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
1. Nope, but this really has nothing to do with how popular he is, just that the devs put a statue of the first Mega you get in the tower that you'll never go into again.
It doesent matter if you go into there again or not its there and hes the only with it.
2. Yes, actually, and that's all of them. Lucario is just the setpiece used to represent Mega Evolution for that short time in the story, then never again. The real star is Mega Evolution itself, which is relevant far longer than Lucario within the story. Again, this has no bearing on his popular reception or how recognizable he is, so it's another null point.
Not exactly mega evos wouldnt exist with out lucario since he is the reason they were discovered in the first place so as long as Mega evos stay relevant so does lucario Like I said it the cannon part of mega evo's revovle around him.
3. Yeah, Gardevoir and Gyarados. They have all the plot related to them that Mega Lucario does.
Valid point.

4. You still keep referring to in-game points. The game itself has nothing to do with how popular or well-received Mega Lucario was. It was just who they chose to be the first one, likely because it was one that they could safely give away without it being too consequential to the story; Lucarios are insanely easy to get ingame, so they figured giving you another wouldn't hurt, unlike something like Gengar or Houndoom, who you actually have to work pretty far in to get.
How hard or how easy it is to catch him is irrelevant and I dont think there is a excuse as to why they made him important like that honestly I can care less why all I know is that they did it thats all that matters is that it happened, and if your sick of ingame importance why not check out the tv show lucario is on "Pokemon sunday" been there since gen 4 started.
Honestly cant even remeber what were arguing over anymore.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people have no idea what you're talking about.

SSB4 is gonna be turned into a racing game and have a Nascar and Minecraft representative. It'll be avaiable on all systems. The PC will be the only one to get updates though.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I have an idea.

Let's just scrap Luigi, Jigglypuff, and every Melee and Brawl character besides Wario, Marth, Pit, IC's, G&W, R.O.B, and Olimar while we're at it.

After all, no series needs an additional character.

----
Mario would still have Rosalina. :p

Gune

Smash Lord
You people have no idea what you're talking about.

SSB4 is gonna be turned into a racing game and have a Nascar and Minecraft representative. It'll be avaiable on all systems. The PC will be the only one to get updates though.
So basically its gonna be Sega allstars raceing with Steve from minecraft? Im in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So basically its gonna be Sega allstars raceing with Steve from minecraft? Im in.
Nope.

Yogscast!

That's actually a thing. Yogscast is gonna be in Allstars Racing.

What is this world coming to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom