• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
...okay, sure, whatever. I give up. -exasperation at maximum-
May I ask what else makes him seem Dragon-like? I mean, is it his size, because Pterosaurs can be large too. Remember Rodan from the Godzilla movies?

However, they DID put it in the game. That is the important thing. You are absolutely correct, it wasn't necessary. They did it anyways, why? Probably to make Lucario relevant again, he already has the popularity and whatnot. He just needed a minor push, they decided to give it to him.
Well, I think we KNOW why they put it in the game, and no, it's not entirely for the sake of Lucario, more for the sake that we're in a generation of games that likes to give out needless tutorials. Not to mention, I didn't like the fact that they were literally shoving this pokemon in my face, a pokemon I didn't even really want. In short this was the majority scenario for the Lucario tutorial:

It did actually it gave a whole story to how you get the megaring and learn how to use Mega evo's even learn they came to be, it make's a big difference overall it added to the games fun and overall story line.
It wasn't fun...it was boring. If I wanted it to be fun, again, let me use my own mega evolution that I got from Sycamore, that'd be much better IMHO, and using the Lucario could have been an option for those who didn't get their Kanto starter leveled up to evolve by said point in the game. And again, the overall battle was unneeded. Just tell me how to use the Mega Ring so I can move onto the fourth gym already, or make it something interesting like a Team Flare Admin broke in to steal documents about the Mega Ring and you have to battle him while he uses a prototype mega ring created by Team Flare. THAT would've been intersting other than just two-hitting the same pokemon I'm not only using, but only going to use once.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hey, guys...please tell me Hotfeet444 isn't seriously trying to deny Lucario's importance and relevance...
Importance is kind of iffy, because it's usually only the mascots who are important to each Pokémon game's story. Lucario's relevance on the other hand is undeniable, and we know for a fact that relevance is an important factor concerning Pokémons.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
As one can expect, Samus is quite adept at dodging murders at this point.

Apparently she taught this to Sakamoto after the release of Other M. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Importance is kind of iffy, because it's usually only the mascots who are important to each Pokémon game's story. Lucario's relevance on the other hand is undeniable, and we know for a fact that relevance is an important factor concerning Pokémons.
Lucario's importance is "iffy"? I hope you are just talking about the games.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
May I ask what else makes him seem Dragon-like? I mean, is it his size, because Pterosaurs can be large too. Remember Rodan from the Godzilla movies?
Ridley seems dragon-like because of how bulky his chest is and how his arms aren't attached to his wings. Do correct me on this if I'm wrong since I'm kind of rusty on my dinosaur history, but Pterosaurs were more slim and of course always had their hand attatched to the tip of their wings. Because of this Ridley gains a much more Dragon-like built to his body.

A full-on Pterosaur Ridley would probably look like the concept art shown at the bottom of the picture below:

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091011050145/metroid/images/0/02/Ridleymzm.PNG

Gune

Smash Lord

Well, I think we KNOW why they put it in the game, and no, it's not entirely for the sake of Lucario, more for the sake that we're in a generation of games that likes to give out needless tutorials. Not to mention, I didn't like the fact that they were literally shoving this pokemon in my face, a pokemon I didn't even really want. In short this was the majority scenario for the Lucario tutorial:

It wasn't fun...it was boring. If I wanted it to be fun, again, let me use my own mega evolution that I got from Sycamore, that'd be much better IMHO, and using the Lucario could have been an option for those who didn't get their Kanto starter leveled up to evolve by said point in the game. And again, the overall battle was unneeded. Just tell me how to use the Mega Ring so I can move onto the fourth gym already, or make it something interesting like a Team Flare Admin broke in to steal documents about the Mega Ring and you have to battle him while he uses a prototype mega ring created by Team Flare. THAT would've been intersting other than just two-hitting the same pokemon I'm not only using, but only going to use once.
Still doesent make it any less important just because it wasnt important to you.
Lucario is quite important. So important, that frankly, I am making a paper one as we speak:lucario:=:mewtwopm:
This guy, i like this guy he has smarts.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
This is all going to amount to nothing when either Mewtwo or Lucario doesn't get in. :p

Also, Gune, your sig is bull****. If one of those Houndooms had used Flamethrower instead of standing there like an idiot, Lucario would've been dead. Pretty sure Houndoom outspeeds Lucario. Also, there were three of them. Not trying to be an asshole, **** like that just bugs meh. >:U

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I have an idea.

Let's just scrap Luigi, Jigglypuff, and every Melee and Brawl character besides Wario, Marth, Pit, IC's, G&W, R.O.B, and Olimar while we're at it.

After all, no series needs an additional character.

----

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I have an idea.

Let's just scrap Luigi, Jigglypuff, and every Melee and Brawl character besides Wario, Marth, Pit, IC's, G&W, R.O.B, and Olimar while we're at it.

After all, no series needs an additional character.

----
WE JUST GOT THROUGH WITH THIS, MAN, COME ON.

Peace had returned to the galaxy! The last Metroid was in captivity and EVERYTHING!

Morbi

Scavenger
This is all going to amount to nothing when either Mewtwo or Lucario doesn't get in. :p

Also, Gune, your sig is bull****. If one of those Houndooms had used Flamethrower instead of standing there like an idiot, Lucario would've been dead. Pretty sure Houndoom outspeeds Lucario. Also, there were three of them. Not trying to be an *******, **** like that just bugs meh. >:U
How do you know that the Houndoom aren't under-leveled?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
How do you know that the Houndoom aren't under-leveled?
Regardless, there were three of them. Lucario's Spec. Defense is so terrible, that, when paired with Houndoom's pretty-high Special Attack, two of them could've gang-banged him with Flamethrower while he took out the first one.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Also, Gune, your sig is bull****. If one of those Houndooms had used Flamethrower instead of standing there like an idiot, Lucario would've been dead. Pretty sure Houndoom outspeeds Lucario. Also, there were three of them. Not trying to be an *******, **** like that just bugs meh. >:U
Obviously lucario used sand attack on all 3 before hand...
WE JUST GOT THROUGH WITH THIS, MAN, COME ON.

Peace had returned to the galaxy! The last Metroid was in captivity and EVERYTHING!
All was peaceful... Until the Ridley clan stole the last metroid in captivity...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Still doesent make it any less important just because it wasnt important to you.

This guy, i like this guy he has smarts.
I'm not saying it wasn't important, I'm saying they could have handled it better. Okay, I'll gladly take the gift Lucario, okay, I'll gladly take the Lucario Mega Stone, don't force me to use the pokemon in a one-on-one battle against you. And again, since the Kanto starters are the bigger "First Mega Evolution you get", it would've been cool to see them take on Korrina's Lucario. That would've felt like my hard work at raising my starter was to be put to the test, not just giving me a pokemon I didn't even have less than a minute before the battle started. It felt like a cheap cop-out. Again, Lucario is important, but the LEVEL of importance given by an almost unneeded tutorial is really exaggerated. In short, the importance of Lucario should have came from being the first Mega Evolution you battle, not the first evolution you use.

Lucario is quite important. So important, that frankly, I am making a paper one as we speak:lucario:=:mewtwopm:
Not even close. Lucario is way too early in its pokemon series lifespan to be considered as important as Mewtwo.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not saying it wasn't important, I'm saying they could have handled it better. Okay, I'll gladly take the gift Lucario, okay, I'll gladly take the Lucario Mega Stone, don't force me to use the pokemon in a one-on-one battle against you. And again, since the Kanto starters are the bigger "First Mega Evolution you get", it would've been cool to see them take on Korrina's Lucario. That would've felt like my hard work at raising my starter was to be put to the test, not just giving me a pokemon I didn't even have less than a minute before the battle started. It felt like a cheap cop-out. Again, Lucario is important, but the LEVEL of importance given by an almost unneeded tutorial is really exaggerated. In short, the importance of Lucario should have came from being the first Mega Evolution you battle, not the first evolution you use.
You don't need hard-work to use Charizard against Lucario. :charizard:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lucario could just use aura sphere and kill houndoom as well. I'd just use my Jigglypuff to kill them both.

*yawns*

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You don't need hard-work to use Charizard against Lucario. :charizard:
Who said anything about that overrated pokemon? I used a Blastoise. And even then, it was still symbolic as this is a pokemon YOU RAISED. Not to mention it's even easier to just double hit the other Lucario with Power-Up Punch, it's literally impossible to lose said fight, which made it an even BIGGER waste of time.

Gune

Smash Lord
Nah its cool, but hey this was a kickass part of the movie though.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Who said anything about that overrated pokemon? I used a Blastoise. And even then, it was still symbolic as this is a pokemon YOU RAISED. Not to mention it's even easier to just double hit the other Lucario with Power-Up Punch, it's literally impossible to lose said fight, which made it an even BIGGER waste of time.
The opposing Lucario one-hit-crit me. :|

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Okay, allow me to reinstate that line...

unless luck hax screws you over, it's impossible to lose said fight.
Yeah, I got bull****ted out of the fight, too. :p

They should've at least made the Lucario she gave you have 1 point of speed more than the other, instead of making them EXACT copies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, I got bull****ted out of the fight, too. :p

They should've at least made the Lucario she gave you have 1 point of speed more than the other, instead of making them EXACT copies.
Actually, your Lucario always goes first, but hers always hits harder, it's literally designed so you can't lose without luck hax. So if it's designed so I can't lose...what the hell is the point of having it in the first place?

I tried to beat it without Mega-Evolving.
You can beat it without Mega Evolving, but you're forced to mega evolve or you can't really proceed. Stupid, I know.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
All this Pokemon talk makes me want to break out the 3DS and play X again.

Gune

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it wasn't important, I'm saying they could have handled it better. Okay, I'll gladly take the gift Lucario, okay, I'll gladly take the Lucario Mega Stone, don't force me to use the pokemon in a one-on-one battle against you. And again, since the Kanto starters are the bigger "First Mega Evolution you get", it would've been cool to see them take on Korrina's Lucario. That would've felt like my hard work at raising my starter was to be put to the test, not just giving me a pokemon I didn't even have less than a minute before the battle started. It felt like a cheap cop-out. Again, Lucario is important, but the LEVEL of importance given by an almost unneeded tutorial is really exaggerated. In short, the importance of Lucario should have came from being the first Mega Evolution you battle, not the first evolution you use
Level of importance is pretty high up there, what ifs dont matter what happend is Lucario is the only pokemon that got a plotline story and because of that became the most recognizable mega, it doesent matter if you wanted to fight with your starter, it doesent matter that you thought it wasnt good or thought it was a cheap cop out, The only thing that matters is that gamefreak gave him the spotline and people loved it and GF acknowledged that.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't know where you're getting that it was the most recognizable Mega...pretty sure that was Mewtwo Y, then Charizard X, both of which were advertised to the moon and back while Mega Lucario sat there next to Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, and the rest of them that were kinda like "if you're a fan of this Pokemon, good for you". Methinks you're being a bit biased.

Also, if you'd type in complete sentences, it'd be a lot easier to read your posts. Q_Q

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom