• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah they're pretty equal. Some nitpicks, Rosalina been in 3 Mario Karts which is the same amount King Boo has been in.
She's in 7 too? My mistake, then...I never played it, and because she was shown off in the latest Direct as if she were a series newcomer, thought she was one. I was also trying to compare the two in games prior to mid-2012, when this game started development.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
First off, he's shaped like a Humanoid Pterosaur
Really only in Other M, where he's basically a Spikes-of-Villany-ed-up Hulk with wings and Woody the Woodpecker's face. Otherwise, he's pretty-well dragon-shaped in all of his appearances, and not very humanoid at all. If you consider "true" Ridley humanoid, then so is Charizard.

"UH-HAHAHA-HA, UH-HAHAHA-HA! I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR ****ING PARENTS!"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is actually quite humorous, I do not believe that they comprehend the premise. It is honestly more pathetic than anything, I feel as if their disdain towards you is deluding their judgement in regards to the content of your posts.
I've only really had one discussion with Saturn before, and that wasn't really anything heated or anything. It's just illogical to me that we're reducing things to the bare minimum when there's been set a certain standard.

If his posts are just blatant Captain Obvious posts that state that technically we don't need these characters for the game to exist then ****, that's the kind of posts we sure don't need.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So...do you see Ridley as someone who Sakurai would keep hidden and unlockable or a newcomer that would be shown off pre-release?

Also, if the stage hazard-thing isn't confirmed pre-release, first thing I'mma do is play on the Pyrosphere.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He could also be a Digimon:

Little Birdie -> Hairidley -> Ridley -> Meta Ridley -> Omega Ridley

In-Training -> Rookie -> Champion -> Ultimate -> Mega

Morbi

Scavenger
I've only really had one discussion with Saturn before, and that wasn't really anything heated or anything. It's just illogical to me that we're reducing things to the bare minimum when there's been set a certain standard.

If his posts are just blatant Captain Obvious posts that state that technically we don't need these characters for the game to exist then ****, that's the kind of posts we sure don't need.
Obviously, but I feel that the inherent notion that needs to be made apparent is that characters are not chosen based on some arbitrary whim of "need", it is pathetic when people cite Donkey Kong as deserving an additional representative because it "needs" one. There seems to be no other reason. The blatant fallacious nature of these posts annoy me to no end. If you have logical reasons to support your assertions, great. Many decide that is unnecessary to develop a cohesive argument so they proclaim that something "needs" to happen. It is a personal problem of mine, I suppose.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So...do you see Ridley as someone who Sakurai would keep hidden and unlockable or a newcomer that would be shown off pre-release?

Also, if the stage hazard-thing isn't confirmed pre-release, first thing I'mma do is play on the Pyrosphere.
If he wants to get the game hyped, he could reveal Ridley pre-release. I mean, he has to know how wanted he is in the west. What better way to get people excited than with Ridley?

I could see it happen at E3.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Your point is that you're way too literal and purposely making yourself out as an idiot? Okay, what a great lesson to have learned.
My point was that what is needed is completely subjective and thus you arguing about it with me is pointless because I can simply declare anything needed or unneeded by opinion, asshole.

The difference is that I'm intentionally being obvious to prove a point where as you are being obvious by arguing apparently without realizing it.

Gune

Smash Lord
That's Mewtwo's stapled role in the franchise that they tried to replicate from the first game, of course he's not going to have any main over-arching story importance. Besides, even after being a tutorial character (That could have easily been overlooked), Mewtwo is still undeniably more important to the franchise.
Easily overlooked? Everyone who's played pokemon x/y knows about mega evolutions and the tutorial, saying it can be easily overlooked is like saying that the new pokemon movie can be overlooked.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The term "Little Birdie" always makes me think of that Mario Go Fish game they always use in YouTube Poops.

"Do you have any Little Birdies?"

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

GENIUS!
*plays 10-20 1 min. Games on pyro sphere day of release, all he gets is Ridleys nintendo land theme:mad:*

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Pretty sure he'll show off Ridley at some big, important conference or something, considering Ridley's practically his ace-in-the-hole for the Western Audience. Not putting Ridley in at this point would be like Nintendo not making Majora's Mask 3D.

I expect him to be one of the harder characters to unlock, though, similar to Mewtwo or Ganon.

Morbi

Scavenger
Easily overlooked? Everyone who's played pokemon x/y knows about mega evolutions and the tutorial, saying it can be easily overlooked is like saying that the new pokemon movie can be overlooked.
It wont be overlooked. Sakurai speaks with the Pokemon Company, he already knows about what they are doing that is pertinent to Smash. The Lucario tutorial isn't important, let us be realistic. However, it doesn't need to be relevant. Lucario is already an established veteran, Lucario is still one of the most important Pokemon, I doubt this Mega Evolution plot-line is going to be the ONLY thing they do with such an iconic Pokemon, it also meets the criteria of relevance. Even if it was, it is enough for him to retain the essence of value.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Really only in Other M, where he's basically a Spikes-of-Villany-ed-up Hulk with wings and Woody the Woodpecker's face. Otherwise, he's pretty-well dragon-shaped in all of his appearances, and not very humanoid at all. If you consider "true" Ridley humanoid, then so is Charizard.
I mean more humanoid in the vein that his overall structure is almost like that of a basic human but has its own altered animalistic way. But still, the only thing that really makes Ridley seem like a dragon is that he can breathe fire, nothing else really.

He's still very Pterosaur looking, seeing as his facial designs and wings are very dinosaur looking.

Not what I meant. What I meant is that it wouldn't have really mattered if they put it in the game at all, and could have easily been overlooked and it wouldn't have made any overall difference to the game in the long run. Hell, at least give me the opportunity to use my Mega Blastoise instead!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Obviously, but I feel that the inherent notion that needs to be made apparent is that characters are not chosen based on some arbitrary whim of "need", it is pathetic when people cite Donkey Kong as deserving an additional representative because it "needs" one. There seems to be no other reason. The blatant fallacious nature of these posts annoy me to no end. If you have logical reasons to support your assertions, great. Many decide that is unnecessary to develop a cohesive argument so they proclaim that something "needs" to happen. It is a personal problem of mine, I suppose.
Again, at least when I say the word I don't use it that literally. I know that Ridley isn't in fact needed in order for the game to be successful or anything, previous installments will constantly declare such a statement false. However, it's more or less a personal need in order for things to feel complete, and that's how I read it when other people say it too. I guess it depends on how we each interpret things, but I don't think it's supposed to be taken so literal unless it's spoken by the dimwitted.

Morbi

Scavenger
I mean more humanoid in the vein that his overall structure is almost like that of a basic human but has its own altered animalistic way. But still, the only thing that really makes Ridley seem like a dragon is that he can breathe fire, nothing else really.

He's still very Pterosaur looking, seeing as his facial designs and wings are very dinosaur looking.

Not what I meant. What I meant is that it wouldn't have really mattered if they put it in the game at all, and could have easily been overlooked and it wouldn't have made any overall difference to the game in the long run.
However, they DID put it in the game. That is the important thing. You are absolutely correct, it wasn't necessary. They did it anyways, why? Probably to make Lucario relevant again, he already has the popularity and whatnot. He just needed a minor push, they decided to give it to him.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
However, they DID put it in the game. That is the important thing. You are absolutely correct, it wasn't necessary. They did it anyways, why? Probably to make Lucario relevant again, he already has the popularity and whatnot. He just needed a minor push, they decided to give it to him.
Well, it wouldn't be very fun if they would've been like "LOOK! MEGA EVOLUTION! Sure hope you picked one of the random twenty-or-so Pokemon that can do it! Oh, you didn't? Too bad." Somebody had to be the throwaway. So it was Lucario.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
She's in 7 too? My mistake, then...I never played it, and because she was shown off in the latest Direct as if she were a series newcomer, thought she was one. I was also trying to compare the two in games prior to mid-2012, when this game started development.
I did a little mistake, I missread and thought he was playable in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, but he wasn't. But Rosalina is in Mario Kart Arcade GP GX. But this is all just minor details that doesn't really have importance. and comparing them in Spin-off Isn't much point since King Boo is 6 years older.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If he wants to get the game hyped, he could reveal Ridley pre-release. I mean, he has to know how wanted he is in the west. What better way to get people excited than with Ridley?

I could see it happen at E3.
What better way? Well, Sakurai can just show Mewtwo instead... :awesome:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I see during my absence we got a new Boarder. Welcome, @ UltimateWario UltimateWario to SmashBoards, my apologies for the late welcome.

I see we are talking about Ridley. ImeanPlayableorHazard?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Took the words out of my mouth.

First off, he's shaped like a Humanoid Pterosaur, he's basically the offspring if a Xenomorph mated with a Pterodactyl. Secondly, it's never really explained, so anything's possible. But someone had to design them, and it certainly wasn't Mother Brain who designed Ridley.

.......I think I found a plot for the next Metroid game
His shape doesn't confirm anything. Most call him an Alien Space Dragon out of convince.

Often, dragons have many different shapes. Some are like dinosaurs, like Ridley, Charizard, Dragonite, and many European dragons. While others are like snakes, like Shenron from Dragonball and many Eastern Dragons. Not sure if Bowser counts, maybe to some.

But often a few things are very common among dragons.

1. They are big, like Ridley
2. Most of them can fly, like Ridley
3. They are giant Reptiles, often the size and shape of some form of dinosuar. Like Ridley
4. Most of the shoot stuff out of their mouths. Usually, it's fire. Like Ridley.

So as far as I'm concerned he's a dragon. Until he's confirmed to be something else, that is.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I guess it depends on how we each interpret things, but I don't think it's supposed to be taken so literal unless it's spoken by the dimwitted.
The only person who too it literally was you so I have no idea why you're complaining. I said we didn't HAVE to King K. Rool. I didn't mean that literally, so hypocritical much?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My point was that what is needed is completely subjective and thus you arguing about it with me is pointless because I can simply declare anything needed or unneeded by opinion, *******.

The difference is that I'm intentionally being obvious to prove a point where as you are being obvious by arguing apparently without realizing it.
I was more or less arguing about it because I thought it was a surprisingly stupid thing to try and whip drama up over. I understand where you come from with the Palutena example you gave earlier because that made sense, but afterwards it just became this kind of Captain Obvious thing where you reduced things to the minimum, and I don't really see what the point of those posts were besides whipping up a ****storm intentionally. I'll gladly take the bait on that one personally.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Mewtwo has been advertised to hell and back recently, was THE Mega Evolution, the posterboy for the entire mechanic, is a massively popular Pokemon in both America and Japan, and has three movies.

While he didn't do much within the game itself, that hardly matters when compared to the rest of the **** he did for the game and the franchise as a whole outside of it. That, and he not only represents Gen I, but also Gen VI, which is a double whammy for nostalgia and advertising the new Gen all in one.
It was THE Mega evolution because it was revealed first. Once they showed off some others Lucario was immeadiately put on a pedestal alongside Mewtwo. He was also the "posterboy" for the mechanic in the actual games.

And I hope you're not ignoring the fact that Lucario is massively popular as well. Yes, Mewtwo had a movie recently (Genesect had equal if not greater importance though). But who's going to be in the spotlight when Smash comes out? Not Mewtwo, but Lucario with his inevitable appearance once the anime gets to Shalour City. He and his Mega are already included in the opening. Representing Gen 1? There's already 5 Pokemon covering that assuming everyone from Brawl returns. I don't think only the first and latest generations should have representation.

But really, I'm not arguing against Mewtwo. I'm arguing against your claim that "Lucario's time is over", which is simply not true. Does having both Mewtwo and Lucario in SSB4 really sound impossible to you?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only person who too it literally was you so I have no idea why you're complaining. I said we didn't HAVE to King K. Rool. I didn't mean that literally, so hypocritical much?
Your obvious highlighting of the word NEED sure implied that you meant it literally. Your way of phrasing it sure implied it too.

May I ask you then what character is NEEDED for this installment?

Gune

Smash Lord
Not what I meant. What I meant is that it wouldn't have really mattered if they put it in the game at all, and could have easily been overlooked and it wouldn't have made any overall difference to the game in the long run.
It did actually it gave a whole story to how you get the megaring and learn how to use Mega evo's even learn they came to be, it make's a big difference overall it added to the games fun and overall story line.

We can never know if Morbid truly liked a post...
Most of the time you know because she responds.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I consider Ridley to be a dragon/fairy type. I mean, he has a head, feet, hands and wings like a dragon, and is brutal and majestic like one. However he's intelligent like a fairy, and is fairly light and fast.
:troll:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I consider Ridley to be a dragon/fairy type. I mean, he has a head, feet, hands and wings like a dragon, and is brutal and majestic like one. However he's intelligent like a fairy, and is fairly light and fast.
One could consider him a Dark/Dragon-type, since his diet consists mostly of delicious parents.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hey, guys...please tell me Hotfeet444 isn't seriously trying to deny Lucario's importance and relevance...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ridley spits plasma, just saiyan.

Or in Meta-Ridley's case, "Kinetic Breath Weapon", which I can only assume as Ridley breathing what feels like a series of swift kicks to the jaw.
I hope my point still stands though. Ridley's a big flying dinosaur that shoots murder out of his mouth. That sounds like a dragon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom