• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
1. X is not on the 3DS, it's on the Wii U.
2. X is not related to Pokemon.
3. It's not even released.
I hope that was sarcasm, because I can't tell if it was or not. :p
(I'm talking about Pokem- you know I'm not even going to explain myself...)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The only thing that matters is that gamefreak gave him the spotline and people loved it and GF acknowledged that.
People loved it? Maybe Lucario fans loved it, I know I was hugely indifferent. I don't hate Lucario but equally it felt odd to just hand me a freaking Mega Pokemon like that. Why not just hand me a legendary whilst you're at it, Gamefreak?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
People loved it? Maybe Lucario fans loved it, I know I was hugely indifferent. I don't hate Lucario but equally it felt odd to just hand me a freaking Mega Pokemon like that. Why not just hand me a legendary whilst you're at it, Gamefreak?
They do. You can't progress until you catch the Mascot Legie these days.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hardly think the two are comparable. They practically hand you a legendary anyways by giving you a Master Ball.

Gune

Smash Lord
I don't know where you're getting that it was the most recognizable Mega...pretty sure that was Mewtwo Y, then Charizard X. I never heard much at all about Megacario. Methinks you're being a bit biased.

Also, if you'd type in complete sentences, it'd be a lot easier to read your posts. Q_Q
If you play through pokemon x/y its pretty easy to see he is this, isnt even remotely close to being biased.
cant type right hands cold ****s to give are getting low.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If you play through pokemon x/y its pretty easy to see he is this
What does this have to with recognizability...? They just gave him to you. By the same token, they also give the Kanto starter Megas and a few other Mega Stones without even beating the game. I can safely say that Charizard and Mewtwo's Megas were more widely lauded simply because both Charizard and Mewtwo have widespread appeal, even among non-Pokemon fans.

Everybody remembers using Charizard when they were little, and everyone remembers Mewtwo's movie and how big of a deal it was to catch him back then. Even if Lucario's fanbase is big (which I'm not denying), Charizard and Mewtwo both have more casual appeal, supported by the fact that their Mega Evos were widely promoted.

Lucario's was not, other than being one of the first revealed, but in that sense, Mega Mawile is also insanely popular.

Morbi

Scavenger
What does this have to with recognizability...? They just gave him to you. By the same token, they also give the Kanto starter evos and a few other Mega Stones without even beating the game. I can safely say that Charizard and Mewtwo's Megas were more widely lauded simply because both Charizard and Mewtwo have widespread appeal, even among non-Pokemon fans.

Everybody remembers using Charizard when they were little, and everyone remembers Mewtwo's movie and how big of a deal it was to catch him back then. Even if Lucario's fanbase is big (which I'm not denying), Charizard and Mewtwo both have more casual appeal, supported by the fact that their Mega Evos were widely promoted.

Lucario's was not, other than being one of the first revealed, but in that sense, Mega Mawile is also insanely popular.
Mega Mawhile is popular? That is a new one.

Gune

Smash Lord
Truth be told I was putoff by it also.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Level of importance is pretty high up there, what ifs dont matter what happend is Lucario is the only pokemon that got a plotline story and because of that became the most recognizable mega, it doesent matter if you wanted to fight with your starter, it doesent matter that you thought it wasnt good or thought it was a cheap cop out, The only thing that matters is that gamefreak gave him the spotline and people loved it and GF acknowledged that.
That is purely opinion, for what I can tell, alot of people didn't care for it, including myself. Also, most recognizable Mega? With the fact that Mega Blaziken being a free gift (As well as a main anime star), Mega Charizard X being super well-received (And a star in Pokemon Origins) and Mega Mewtwo being everywhere, I highly doubt that. Mega Lucario is just the first Mega you get, and probably the least memorable mega evolution in X/Y as Mega Gyarados and Mega Gardevoir leave a much bigger impact.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know where you're getting that it was the most recognizable Mega...pretty sure that was Mewtwo Y, then Charizard X, both of which were advertised to the moon and back while Mega Lucario sat there next to Mega Ampharos, Mega Absol, and the rest of them that were kinda like "if you're a fan of this Pokemon, good for you". Methinks you're being a bit biased.
Actually, there was a famous Mega Mewtwo Y vs Mega Lucario drawing that was used as advertisement frequently during pre X and Y.

Here it is!

He wasn't anywhere near Mega Mewtwo Y's level but he's pretty high up there.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mega Mawhile is popular? That is a new one.
On the competitive side of things at least, it makes Mawile a lot more viable. An awesome Steel/Fairy typing, with Huge Power effectively giving it a base stat of 259 attack with the potential to boost it further with Swords Dance, plus Sucker Punch to compensate for the low speed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All this Pokemon talk makes me want to break out the 3DS and play X again.
I was just playing Pokemon X today... I will play Pokemon Y tomorrow... I alternate between both games every other day... I am really enjoying the games... I am not in a hurry... just taking my time battling wild Pokemon, catching new Pokemon and leveling them up to evolve them... I just cleared the first gym today on Pokemon X... I will do the same again on Pokemon Y tomorrow. :awesome:

Gune

Smash Lord
What does this have to with recognizability...? They just gave him to you. By the same token, they also give the Kanto starter Megas and a few other Mega Stones without even beating the game. I can safely say that Charizard and Mewtwo's Megas were more widely lauded simply because both Charizard and Mewtwo have widespread appeal, even among non-Pokemon fans.

Do any other mega evolution's have a giant statue in the tower of mastery? Do any other mega pokemon have the whole mega evolution story revovling around them? Do any other mega pokemon have a in game plot? Thats why I'm saying he is the most recognizable mega evo.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh, yeah, it's pretty funny, but most of the "big-name" Megas are actually pretty ****. The less-popular ones like Megaskhan and Megawile are the ones who are really getting the spotlight in the competetive scene.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do any other mega evolution's have a giant statue in the tower of mastery? Do any other mega pokemon have the whole mega evolution story revovling around? Do any other mega pokemon have a in game plot? Thats why I'm saying he is the most recognizable mega evo.
Technically the starters are pertinent to the "in-game" plot.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
If Lucario's competing with anyone, it's Zoroark and Genesect. The only other recent heavily promoted Pokemon I can think of is... Sylveon?? Blaziken maybe? Lucario's got all of them beaten by a large margin in terms of promotion in ads and within the game itself. Whether he's the most recognizable Mega or not becomes pretty irrelevant when you remove Mewtwo and Charizard, whom he can easily coexist with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom