• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How would you feel if Blinky was our Namco character.
Depends on the design.
Nice use of other official artworks. Looks cool.

I don't care as long as we keep Ike. Then they can add whoever they want after those two.
I like it!
I love the character designs!

Also, who likes my obnoxiously big sig picture?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All this talk about uniqueness makes me think Ridley is probably not gonna be playable... he doesn't look like he would be unique.

Yes, I went there. :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and before I jump into the conversation...

Despite Sakurai looking for unique characters, I really doubt King Boo will ever be playable. Especially in place of Palutena, I mean whaaaatataatatataaatatattatattaattattataattatatat?!1/!?!
Also I'm sure this has been brought up to you before, but Isabelle won't be happening (or at least this should be saying otherwise).
Villager's character poster says hello.
Tetra will always be welcome though.
You heavily over-estimate Palutena's chances, that's really demeaning as King Boo's chances of being playable are not indefinitely impossible, and Isabelle being in Villager's poster just means she's in the poster...nothing more...yeah. I sincerely don't see the point of this comment, I mean, a simple "WHERE'S PALE TUNA?!" would've sufficed, as it would have given the same message. Not to mention we already discussed Isabelle. Haven't you read the thread in the past three days? We discussed the poster and everything.

That aside...

Depends on the design.

I like it!
I love the character designs!

Also, who likes my obnoxiously big sig picture?
God is it incredibly rare to find another Giegue supporter aside from myself.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and before I jump into the conversation...

You heavily over-estimate Palutena's chances, that's really demeaning as King Boo's chances of being playable are not indefinitely impossible, and Isabelle being in Villager's poster just means she's in the poster...nothing more...yeah. I sincerely don't see the point of this comment, I mean, a simple "WHERE'S PALE TUNA?!" would've sufficed, as it would have given the same message.

That aside...

God is it incredibly rare to find another Giegue supporter aside from myself.
Then go to the thread! Support it!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wandering Heroes from StreetPass Mii Plaza should be playable in Smash. They would be pretty unique. Way better than the Chrom/Lucina team idea! :awesome:

josh bones

Smash Lord

You heavily over-estimate Palutena's chances, that's really demeaning as King Boo's chances of being playable are not indefinitely impossible, and Isabelle being in Villager's poster just means she's in the poster...nothing more...yeah. I sincerely don't see the point of this comment, I mean, a simple "WHERE'S PALE TUNA?!" would've sufficed, as it would have given the same message. Not to mention we already discussed Isabelle. Haven't you read the thread in the past three days? We discussed the poster and everything.
We have Rosalina, 6mario reps is a no non. Pale Tuna was refrence everywhere in brawl.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Ah, nothing like a nice bowl of cereal at five in the afternoon after doing some drawing work. :p

We have Rosalina, 6mario reps is a no non. Pale Tuna was refrence everywhere in brawl.
You misinterpret, he was inclined to be a spin-off representative of Luigi's Mansion, as it's his main series of origin and main series of importance. And I fail to see why that even matters, being referenced doesn't get you to become a playable character, not that Kid Icarus even NEEDS said second character and Pit is a fine representative on his own as he fully encompasses the series in his moveset, but none-the-less.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL Before Rosalina reveal, people said 5 Mario reps is a no no... Sakurai doesn't care about how many Mario characters he stuffs into the roster as long as they are unique.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
LOL Before Rosalina reveal, people said 5 Mario reps is a no no... Sakurai doesn't care about how many Mario characters he stuffs into the roster as long as they are unique.
100% this.
Also, some of you might remember I have done paper smash bros stuff before. We'll, I'm continuing...
image.jpg

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Giygas, while he can work as a playable character, at least in his appearance in the original Mother game, would perfect as a boss in either of his appearances, and I hope to see him as such. I'd love to fight him twice in a level on Mt. Itoi and then later in the Cave of the Past.

I'd rather have Porky Flint & Boney, Jeff, or Masked Man as the third Mother rep, and if we get one, it's probably going to be Porky since he's now more well-known because of EarthBound on the VC, and evens out the playable Mother 2 and Mother 3 representation, being an enemy of Ness AND Lucas, and Sakurai definitely knows of his importance since he had a level, boss battle, stage, and have course a trophy dedicated to him.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I completely agree, and while I do not see them going beyond 5, it's hard to think of a character as unique as King Boo. Besides, they're continuing the year of Luigi, and since Mario has his main enemy, why not give Luigi his? I think it'd be awesome to see a team battle between Mario/Luigi and Bowser/King Boo.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
You misinterpret, he was inclined to be a spin-off representative of Luigi's Mansion, as it's his main series of origin and main series of importance.
Like having Waluigi represent the spin-off golf, sports, kart, etc games, as those are his series of origin and main series of importance?

Morbi

Scavenger
I completely agree, and while I do not see them going beyond 5, it's hard to think of a character as unique as King Boo. Besides, they're continuing the year of Luigi, and since Mario has his main enemy, why not give Luigi his? I think it'd be awesome to see a team battle between Mario/Luigi and Bowser/King Boo.
How is it hard to think of a character as unique as King Boo? Ask Bluepikmin, it isn't difficult. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
It is all about Peppy, screw Slippy.

Seriously though, I honestly believe that Krystal is next in line if we were to get an additional StarFox character.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Like having Waluigi represent the spin-off golf, sports, kart, etc games, as those are his series of origin and main series of importance?
Not even close. Spin-off sports games are not in the same vein as spin-offs that go on to make full series' for said character. Besides, Waluigi isn't even a main character in said games, he's a last-minute addition so Wario can have a partner.

How is it hard to think of a character as unique as King Boo? Ask Bluepikmin, it isn't difficult. :awesome:
I meant unique in the sense of fighting, not unique in the sense of being someone nobody knows and/or cares about.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would rather have Krystal if it meant not getting another Fox clone... I don't care if Fox is the one using the staff in Star Fox Adventures, that staff was originally hers... and Krystal could use it like Fox did in that game... just like the Lumas are originally Rosalina and she is using the Lumas in ways that Mario would have used them in Galaxy games.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Do you guys think Sakurai will reveal Ness or Lucas first? Assuming both are in the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pale Tuna was refrence everywhere in brawl.
Now I know what I'm going to call Palutena for the rest of my days.

Do you guys think Sakurai will reveal Ness or Lucas first? Assuming both are in the game.
Ness. With Mother 3 not being new anymore it's better to reveal the long-time Smash veteran and arguably the face of the series first. Lucas would be fine as an unlockable.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not even close. Spin-off sports games are not in the same vein as spin-offs that go on to make full series' for said character. Besides, Waluigi isn't even a main character in said games, he's a last-minute addition so Wario can have a partner.

I meant unique in the sense of fighting, not unique in the sense of being someone nobody knows and/or cares about.
The intent isn't relevant. The notion that Waluigi is closely associated as an original character conceived for spin-off games is enough. He doesn't need to be the main character to most accurately represent the game.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I don't think any Awakening characters fit the criteria and the only one that really does (Robin) is not very important at all.
This is an incredibly fallacious statement, since the Avatar is a crucially important character within Awakening (with measurable significance among Chrom and Lucina, in-game story-line wise) and is a defining aspect of the game (as well as encapsulating the player's personal experiences with Fire Emblem as a whole - the grand-master tactician behind every critically-essential decision on the battlefield). The Avatar shouldn't be overlooked, especially if Sakurai is truly invested within interesting character ideas.

Also, I truly believe Lyndis would be a great choice for character selection, so I am certainly not against her inclusion (in the very case my response would be mistaken as being antagonistic towards her).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom