• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If uniqueness is a huge factor, than i think the Mii is INEVITABLE, since everybody's Mii is unique:troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If uniqueness is a huge factor, than i think the Mii is INEVITABLE, since everybody's Mii is unique:troll:
I'm pretty sure Sakurai means uniqueness in terms of moveset rather than looks, though looking distinct wouldn't hurt.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I think Sakurai is adding characters that can bring totally new things to the table, but are still a bit important to their series and also a little popular.

So, my guess is Muddy Mole is pretty likely now, with burrowing and such. Ridley could also bring in air grabs, etc etc etc.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think Sakurai is adding characters that can bring totally new things to the table, but are still a bit important to their series and also a little popular.
This seems to be about right. Uniqueness is the most important factor, even Sakurai himself said that. However, he also stated that when they picked out the roster they had a list of characters people wanted to see in the game, so obviously popularity is also a factor, and that popularity is gained from importance to their series.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
This seems to be about right. Uniqueness is the most important factor, even Sakurai himself said that. However, he also stated that when they picked out the roster they had a list of characters people wanted to see in the game, so obviously popularity is also a factor, and that popularity is gained from importance to their series.
I'm pretty sure they need each other, like @PLATINUM7 said, the characters bring the people, the gameplay makes them stay, or at least he said something similar to that anyway.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
So... We got Megaman... BUT! If we get a new Retro Character.. Any thoughts who would be? Having in mind what you just said which I think is quite interesting.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Muddy Mole??
No offense. But, absolutely not.

I said relevant ips silly.
Little Mac isn't relevant :p

I still believe that Roy is still unnecessary, even with that logic applied. I mean Marth has an ancestor in Chrom and Lucina, but you don't see people saying that is the reason why he should've return.
Well, it is a reason for him to return. It's just not that significant because Marth has so many other reasons to return that are much more important.

I'd still reconsider Lyndis, if there was a third Fire Emblem character, I doubt it'll be her. I'd suspect a FE: Awakening Character, Roy, or bust.
I don't think any Awakening characters fit the criteria and the only one that really does (Robin) is not very important at all. And if Rosalina got in, it wouldn't surprise me if we got Lyndis. She's really the only popular character with real diversity.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... a character got to be the following...

first-party - usually the norm but there are notable exceptions such as Pokemon characters and certain third-party characters
recent - appearing in Nintendo's latest major games (2007 to 2013)
relevant - having important roles in said games (playable protagonist roles preferred) or getting Nintendo's attention lately
unique - offering something new that other characters might not offer
popular - this is completely optional... low numbers of requests didn't matter for Villager and Rosalina... and lack of requests didn't matter for Wii Fit Trainer

to get Sakurai's attention so he can compare them to his criteria and decide whether to add them to the roster or not?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's getting like a graphic novel in here; more pictures than text.

That seems to be what people are saying currently Arcadenik. It's kind of funny that recency and relevance is now slowly being considered an actual possible factor since everyone was against the idea not a single month ago.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So... a character got to be the following...

first-party - usually the norm but there are notable exceptions such as Pokemon characters and certain third-party characters
recent - appearing in Nintendo's latest major games (2007 to 2013)
relevant - having important roles in said games (playable protagonist roles preferred) or getting Nintendo's attention lately
unique - offering something new that other characters might not offer
popular - this is completely optional... low numbers of requests didn't matter for Villager and Rosalina... and lack of requests didn't matter for Wii Fit Trainer

to get Sakurai's attention so he can compare them to his criteria and decide whether to add them to the roster or not?
Stop making Vaati sound like a shoe-in, I don't want to get my hopes up so much.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It's really dreamy and probably much larger than what we'll end up with, but what do you guys think of this roster?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
The only thing more unique than a fitness trainer is mr saturn.
So much moveset pote-
So much popula-
Has a lot going fo-
Um. Right guys? Anyone? No?...:urg:
image.jpg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's really dreamy and probably much larger than what we'll end up with, but what do you guys think of this roster?

Nice use of other official artworks. Looks cool.

*See's no discussion of Impa*
How about that Fire Emblem!
Personally, I'd be fine with Roy, Robin, or Lucina as our newcomers for it.
I don't care as long as we keep Ike. So pretty much Marth, Ike, and whoever else is added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom