• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm pretty sure the Phantom is an Assist Trophy too. Do you guys think the Assists will be console-exclusive too? I'd love to have Tingle, Phantom and Skull Kid on consoles, and Vaati, Ravio and a freaking ReDead on the 3DS.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If I recall correctly Sakurai has stated that he included Pichu into Melee as a joke character
He was considered to him being the most popular gen 2 Pokemon, but he was too similar to Pikachu. Then he wanted to beef up the roster so he went ahead and added him.

Honestly, Wind Waker is the only game where I hate Tingle. Every other game, he's rather harmless
Really? I thought he was pretty annoying when I saw the footage from his spin off games.

Also he's such a **** in Wind Waker. He stole a camera, killed people and hid their skulls behind his cell, enslaved two other Tingles, and charges you outrageous prices for the triforce maps.

I'm pretty sure the Phantom is an Assist Trophy too. Do you guys think the Assists will be console-exclusive too? I'd love to have Tingle, Phantom and Skull Kid on consoles, and Vaati, Ravio and a freaking ReDead on the 3DS.
AW, DUDE! REDEAD SHOULD TOTALLY BE AN ASSIST TROPHY!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Maybe some ATs but for the most part I expect same to be on both.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He was considered to him being the most popular gen 2 Pokemon, but he was too similar to Pikachu. Then he wanted to beef up the roster so he went ahead and added him.
Of course, but I kind of phrased it wrong. I meant that Sakurai was happy that Pichu additionally filled the joke character criteria.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Ghirahim for assist trophy! Teleports behind player, licks ear, they are stunned, and then he proceeds to slash the hel out of them.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
(You guys might want to look at the most recent post in the Classic Ganon thread. I put a lot of work into it)

When it comes to Zelda assist trophies, I would really like to see Ghirahim since I doubt he's going to become playable.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Your reaction: We get a reworked Ganondorf with a sword and magic, and Pig-Ganon as a newcomer.
Unnecessary. They have mostly the same potential, so both decloning Ganondorf and adding Pig-Ganon would take away from both characters uniqueness.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If PIchu comes back, I'll buy a copy of Smash and go kill Sakurai with it.
If Pichu comes back, I'll buy a copy of Smash and go kill UltimateWario with it. Then play it for the rest of my life. Then bring it to heaven.
So, a Disc Duel?

...you're on.
Too bad you'll be too busy killing Sakurai. Then I'll be the new Sakurai and put Pichu in every game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think he said somewhere that an Adventure Mode more similar to Melee's than Brawl's would appear.

I still think that a Starfox 64-esque map with branching paths would be sex on a disc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anything important going on?

He just said there won't be a mode like SSE. But I think he hasn't confirmed the Adventure Mode coming back.
Well there you go. I do think that a Melee-styled Adventure can still happen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ghirahim may not be a one shot character. He may become important to the series if they decide to use him again. Although it may be as a different form.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, tons of people like myself have been clamoring, and LOUDLY, for Majora's Mask 3D. I doubt Sakurai is completely ignorant to the massive cult popularity of Majora's Mask. Skyward Sword...not so much.
There's a few differences, I think, though: Majora's Mask is an under-appreciated N64 title overshadowed by OoT and the GameCube. Majora's Mask is loved for quaint and uniqueness, but it's extremely outdated now. So, naturally, everyone wants a remake.

Skyward Sword, however, was released two years ago on a console still available. No one wants Skyward sword because everyone has it. Plus, it's got tons of attention, both before and after release. And, most of Skyward Sword's popularity came from not the game itself, but the story and characters in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom