• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The only thing that could be considered evidence for his return is this little tidbit:

"According to the English translation of the Trident inscription in Four Swords Adventures, the Trident houses an "evil spirit". This quote has been re-examined however, and seems to have been mistranslated." -Zelda Wiki

If they really want to reintroduce Ghirahim, they will probably use the trident to do it.
I never said I expected it. But everyone jumps on the slightest opportunity to tell someone else why their character isn't happening. I am guilty, too, of this; sometimes to the point of hypocrisy; but I try to not allow my bias to cloud my reasoning.
Perhaps, since everyone here but you seems to think that Ghirahim is not happening, you might want to consider that you may be failing at keeping bias away from your good judgement.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I never said I expected it. But everyone jumps on the slightest opportunity to tell someone else why their character isn't happening. I am guilty, too, of this; sometimes to the point of hypocrisy; but I try to not allow my bias to cloud my reasoning.
I wasn't even quoting you...? My point was that "may become important" is not the same as "is important".

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Ghirahim may not be a one shot character. He may become important to the series if they decide to use him again. Although it may be as a different form.
We don't know the future and he's currently only in one game, so that he maybe can reappear is entirelly irrelevant.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My reaction if every Pokemon character that has been in Smash thus far returns:

How would you react if every Pokemon character (Pichu and Mewtwo included) returns?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Perhaps, since everyone here but you seems to think that Ghirahim is not happening, you might want to consider that you may be failing at keeping bias away from your good judgement.
Go back and read my posts. I, have always supported the idea and like to talk about it, but never once have I directly said I thought it was likely, at least seriously. My unbiased opinion is that there will be no new Zelda characters per se, but T. Zelda/Tetra and Tingle has a shot, and then Impa/Ghirahim, and the Vaati and Skull Kid.

It's also very possible I speak with less bias than you, as you imply dislike of the character. But I would be a hypocrite if I accused someone of dismissing a character because I think they suck.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why can't we just give the Trident to :ganondorf:?
Because we don't try to get our hopes too high. Though I think that Ganondorf will have some changes.

Has Ganondorf used a trident before?
I think it's more appropriate for Beast Ganon.
It's like giving Mario slippery attributes and the flutter jump.
Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time, He used something similar to a trident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
That was just Phantom Ganon.

Even after I said that though, I still see no issue in giving regular Ganondorf the Trident. After all, it's a weapon, not a special power.
Phantom Ganon's Fighting style is based on Ganon/Ganondorf anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That was just Phantom Ganon.

Even after I said that though, I still see no issue in giving regular Ganondorf the Trident. After all, it's a weapon, not a special power.
True. But it was still some form of Ganondorf. So I counted it.

Well, Phantom Ganon used one in Ocarina of Time.

Seriously, that mask is badass as hell. Maybe that can be his alternate costume. While his regular costume is his Twilight Princess Armor. Which was also badass.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Majora's Mask? It seems that Sakurai is way more up to date than he's ever been this time, with even having Xerneas when X/Y had just come out. I believe it's gotten to the point where they trust him enough with new information so that he can put the most recent of everything in this Smash. What does that have to do with Majora's Mask? Nintendo has been teasing us relentlessly, telling us they might remake it, and to look in ALBW for our answer. And then there it is in front of us, Majora's Mask right on Link's wall, then Ravio's diary being a massive hint, and there even being a milk bar similarly to MM. An MM remake is probably the next Zelda game we'll see besides Dynasty Zelda Warriors Final Mix +, and then there's the Wii U Zelda that they've been working on and have been close to revealing.

Even Skull Kid appearing in Smash as an assist trophy points towards a Majora's Mask remake and the fact that Sakurai knows about it. Perhaps he thought the Skull Kid couldn't provide a fully fleshed out moveset alone with just the mask to help him, perhaps a certain Salesman with many masks seemed better. :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Um...
What are we talking about exactly?
Just what kind of weapon Ganondorf can use, mostly if the Trident is fitting for him. I think it would work. But I don't think it would actually happen.

Anyway, I like to hear what people have to say about Ganon. Don't know why, but it's an interesting topic to me.

I don't think it's a mask... He had a Ganondorf mask before the battle, but ripped it off when it began. So that's actually his face.
Oh, Ok. I thought it was a mask. I don't have the best memory of Zelda games. Other than Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

But it being his face, is even more badass. Like, a lot more.

D

Deleted member

I've said it before, I'll say it again:
No sword; Less Captain Ganon, more Akumadorf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've said it before, I'll say it again:
No sword; Less Captain Ganon, more Akumadorf.
I know Ganon did a move like that with his hands. But I always wanted to see him stomp with his foot like that. But yeah, His needs less Falcon moves.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I would kind of prefer Ganondorf to have some more magic based attacks, like his energy ball of course.

Wouldn't mind him retaining some brute strength attacks, and I like the idea of a more Akuma styled Ganondorf as well.

I could live with Ganondorf keeping his Brawl moveset,but I'd be happy to see him to be revamped, preferably with some more magic attacks.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Go back and read my posts. I, have always supported the idea and like to talk about it, but never once have I directly said I thought it was likely, at least seriously. My unbiased opinion is that there will be no new Zelda characters per se, but T. Zelda/Tetra and Tingle has a shot, and then Impa/Ghirahim, and the Vaati and Skull Kid.

It's also very possible I speak with less bias than you, as you imply dislike of the character. But I would be a hypocrite if I accused someone of dismissing a character because I think they suck.
I apologize. I didn't realize how much of a jerk I was being. I will refrain from insulting your judgement or your choice of character. I got annoyed and I shouldn't have. May I have your forgiveness?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I finally finished my wanted character roster.
roster999.png

Like the shape?
I had to make ZSS a separate character to retain the shape.

Get at me pac-haters. :troll:

Edit: in hindsight, I should of put in vatti and have gotten rid of ZSS as a separate character.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what Ganondorf needs?

Dead Man's Volley.
That'd be the second change I'd give Ganon. The first being making him faster. It would help alot with approaching the enemy. You know what else I would want? I buffed up Up Smash and Down Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom