• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hi there everyone. How're things?

Just spent last night researching Zelda concept art for alternate costumes and whatnot and I inadvertently made myself want Ganon more...sigh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Can lyn throw ninja stars?
Starfy can do next to nothing Kirby can do and he still was deemed "Too similar" by Sakurai.

Doubt it. Lyn doesn't use Fireballs and throw ninja stars. As far as I know.
Having a couple uniquenesses doesn't mean Sakurai won't bull****ingly deem 2 characters a little too similar to each other.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Would Lyn affect Takamaru's chances?
Probably not. If anything I'd say it's the other way around considering Lyn's fighting style would be very similar to Takamaru's. And Takamaru can also turn invisible, throw ninja stars, and use fireballs. All of which Lyn cannot do.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Zelda... Did you know? In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, in early developement, Link was suposed to travel between Past and Future. This was the same idea that was never used for the original TLO. Here's the futuristic concept of the Princess Zelda found in the Hyrule Historia. Quite cool I must say.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Talking about Zelda... Did you know? In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, in early developement, Link was suposed to travel between Past and Future. This was the same idea that was never used for the original TLO. Here's the concept found in the Hyrule Historia. Quite cool I must say.

Why does look like a rabbit?
lola-bunny-psd67922.png

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That art...is actually pretty boss.

I've seen it everywhere, where is it from? Looks more epic than any of the actually Ganon boss batlles.
Link to the Past concept art. I'll find the artist momentarily.

(I'm praying that they're using this concept art and whatnot for the Wii U Zelda game. That will be enough to fulfill my greatest dreams)

That art...is actually pretty boss.

I've seen it everywhere, where is it from? Looks more epic than any of the actually Ganon boss batlles.
Here we go. The artist is Katsua Terada and he did tons of the best Zelda art I've ever seen.

Link (:awesome:) here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/sets/72157634681811319/

Last edited by a moderator:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I don't have a link to the exact quote, but others will back me up and probably find it for you.
Really? Using Google the only thing I found that said that was your post from yesterday.
Sakurai thinks Starfy is too similar to Kirby. So I'm sure he won't think Chrom and Lucina are too similar to Marth. :troll:
I'm waiting for that quote.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Why does she have a rabbit face?
Tis is actually unknown. But I assume is the Princess form of the Dark world. I don't know if you've played the game, but Link with an object called "The Magic Mirror" he's able to travel to the Dark World. This world change people to reflect their true nature, which in Link is a lil pink bunny.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tis is actually unknown. But I assume is the Princess form of the Dark world. I don't know if you've played the game, but Link with an object called "The Magic Mirror" he's able to travel to the Dark World. This world change people to reflect their true nature, which in Link is a lil pink bunny.
So Zelda changes into a humanoid bunny because she's a furry? Makes sense! :p

Also, why talk about ALttP as if there's anyone here who hasn't played it?

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Talking about Zelda... Did you know? In The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, in early developement, Link was suposed to travel between Past and Future. This was the same idea that was never used for the original TLO. Here's the futuristic concept of the Princess Zelda found in the Hyrule Historia. Quite cool I must say.

Space Zelda for Smash 4. :troll:

I saw this in Hyrule Historia. Surprised there isn't a thread for it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to look at Tingle's pros and cons for a second

+ Popular in Japan
+ Iconic to Zelda
+ Spin off series

- No real move potential
- Treated as a joke character by Zelda and Sakurai (See Great Bay stage for basis)
- Fits better as an NPC/AT

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
- Treated as a joke character by Zelda and Sakurai (See Great Bay stage for basis)
Eeeehhh, Great Bay's Tingle is the one from Majora's Mask and a separate entity from the Tingles from Wind Waker, and the spin-off games. (and Tingle wasn't nearly as notable back in 2000-2001 when Melee was being developed)

Remember Toon Link and Conductor Link.

I'd be pretty hilarious if we got Great Bay back with Tingle as a stage element, the WW Tingle as a returning AT from Brawl, and the Tingle from the spin-off games as a playable character in the same Smash game.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eeeehhh, Great Bay's Tingle is the one from Majora's Mask and a separate entity from the Tingles from Wind Waker, and the spin-off games. (and Tingle wasn't nearly as notable back in 2000-2001 when Melee was being developed)

Remember Toon Link and Conductor Link.

I was using that as a basis for him being treated as a joke (which is clearly meant to be). Not that there can't be more than one Tingle.

Wrap your head around that
Dude, we're skyping later

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I believe Tingle's purpose was to be a joke. Then he got popular in Japan. But, again probably because it was a good joke. Not saying that's a bad thing.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Your reaction: We get a reworked Ganondorf with a sword and magic, and Pig-Ganon as a newcomer.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Okay, so being a guy who likes to experiment with rosters I'd like to a do a 2 retro roster. I also have doubts about Miis anyway because they'd have to be treated differently than the rest of the cast.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If I recall correctly Sakurai has stated that he included Pichu into Melee as a joke character, and he thinks there's a certain charm to those. That'd be a long time ago of course, and I'm certainly not 100% sure on it.

Tingle could work as that. Heck, Tingle's inclusion could be justified if just to see the internet's chaotic reaction to him.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I believe Tingle's purpose was to be a joke. Then he got popular in Japan. But, again probably because it was a good joke. Not saying that's a bad thing.
I think he should be an AT again, but with his appearance from his own games.
I don't want him playable. And that has nothing to do with Ghirahim.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Honestly, Wind Waker is the only game where I hate Tingle. Every other game, he's rather harmless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom