• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I highly doubt we're going to get a Newcomer reveal every month. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we only got like 0-2 before E3. That's where I expect we'll get another 3 like last year.
I'm just thinking that Sakurai may want to get all the characters out before the reveal of the game.
Since Luigi and Toon Link, obvious unlockables, have already been revealed.
I'd say Marth, but he's interchangeable.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt we're going to get a Newcomer reveal every month. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we only got like 0-2 before E3. That's where I expect we'll get another 3 like last year.
If we only get 0-2 before E3... The amount of hype around Smash Bros will be too much to handle it... And that would make an awesome Nintendo Press conference. I really hope they do a conference, without directs.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Imagine K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, and Mewtwo all revealed at the same conference...
The hype would be too much to handle. It'd blow the roof off the place. ESPECIALLY Mewtwo.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
This time around I would like to see:
Mario, Luigi, Link, Samus, Kirby, Marth, DK, Fox, Pikachu, Wario, Pit, Olimar, Ness, C. Falcon, Yoshi, Megaman, Ice Climbers, WFT and Villager as the starter roster, everyone else unlockable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh I'm going to bet on the newcomers being revealed on the Directs and not every month. Then there is also Snake who would probably also be revealed during a direct, at least if they want to do the same thing they did with Sonic. And assuming Snake is staying in the game and isn't cut......

Though I do hope we get to see a veteran or two every month. Which seems to be the case anyway.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'm just thinking that Sakurai may want to get all the characters out before the reveal of the game.
Since Luigi and Toon Link, obvious unlockables, have already been revealed.
I'd say Marth, but he's interchangeable.
Why? Isn't he doing the exact opposite in regards to information on the game?

To me at least the way he talked about Luigi's reveal sounded like he's an exception (again, due to Year of Luigi). I don't think we're going to see any other secret characters revealed before release, not to mention all of them.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Since were getting close to the release, I think it's a good idea to have 1-2 newcomers revealed each month.
1 is a great number.
We'd probably be able to get one newcomer a month (not including E3) up until release without running out that way.
One veteran and one newcomer is absolutely perfect, I hope that's what happens.
Why? Isn't he doing the exact opposite in regards to information on the game?
To me at least the way he talked about Luigi's reveal sounded like he's an exception (again, due to Year of Luigi).
But Toon Link tho.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Imagine K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, and Mewtwo all revealed at the same conference...
The hype would be too much to handle. It'd blow the roof off the place. ESPECIALLY Mewtwo.
If Palutena, K. Rool, Ridley, Liitle Mac and Mewtwo were revealed in grandeur at the same time, Smashboards would probably crash due to traffic.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Snake... Hum... I mean, I like Metal Gear series, but do you think it really fits on the SSB universe? Yeah, the Samus and Snake tandem was awesome, but.. I don't know. If he could replace Sonic as a third Party I would be more than pleased to have Snake though :)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And then end E3 with a freaking Banjo-Kazooie announcement...
I'd have a literal heart attack, it's more hype than my body is ready for.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
1 is a great number.
We'd probably be able to get one newcomer a month (not including E3) up until release without running out that way.
One veteran and one newcomer is absolutely perfect, I hope that's what happens.
Well your hopes are going to get crushed. Newcomers reveals are not going to happen outside Directs and Directs don't happen every month.

But Toon Link tho.
Could've been made playable from the start. It happens.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Toon Link was revealed to advertise Wind Waker HD I beieve..... And to shut up the haters and naysayers who believed he would be cut.
That's the pattern I think they're following. I think Sakurai isn't ready to really talk about the game, so he just reveals stuff when new games come out. In the next few months though...man, is gonna get crazy hype.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
And that's kind of what I'm expecting. Something like this.
January: Dedede and Newcomer
February: Diddy and Newcomer
March: Vet and Newcomer
And so on. I expect a lot more newcomer reveals, and I expect a lot of veteran reveals at E3 also. Not like a big deal, but just revealed through the trailers and on the website.
A newcomer every month? Wut? XD

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Since E3 is a purely western conference (lookit all dem shooters!) I would expect someone like Ridley would be revealed there, especially with all the hype surrounding him.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So because it's not been the case in the previous games it's some impossible, unimaginable thing?
It doesn't make any sense is all. Whether you follow the patterns of the other games or not, Toon Link is not the kind of character that you have from the get-go.
What if Goku got revealed at E3 instead? :troll:
I have a feeling you secretly want Goku in.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Since E3 is a purely western conference (lookit all dem shooters!) I would expect someone like Ridley would be revealed there, especially with all the hype surrounding him.
Don't forget that Nintendo didn't have a conference last year. They just had a Direct for all regions, including Japan. That might happen this year too.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It doesn't make any sense is all. Whether you follow the patterns of the other games or not, Toon Link is not the kind of character that you have from the get-go.
Doesn't make sense? Well that's just your opinion, it wouldn't be weird at all to me.

So whatever, discussion over.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It also doesn't mean that it WILL NOT. You shouldn't expect delays just because it happened with Brawl.
The main reason Brawl was delayed was because Sonic.
I don't think that there are any characters close to Sonic in terms of popularity that can DELAY THE GAME.
So I agree.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The main reason Brawl was delayed was because Sonic.
I don't think that there are any characters close to Sonic in terms of popularity that can DELAY THE GAME.
So I agree.
Sonic and SSE as well I believe. And since Sakurai doesn't want to do another SSE again and since he is already done with Sonic beforehand this time and like you said, there aren't really any other characters as heavily requested as he was, the game should meet it's deadline just fine this time around.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
It also doesn't mean that it WILL NOT. You shouldn't expect delays just because it happened with Brawl.
True, but I still wouldn't count on it being released this year. If it is, cool. I just don't want Sakurai to rush this game. And just because we don't have SSE doesn't mean that the game can't get delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom