• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Tom Nook feels like a possibility in my opinion. I feel as though Animal Crossing is worthy of a second representative, I thought Tom Nook was well liked. I wouldn't count another AC character out just because Villager was the first character reveal, if anything, that only reaffirms that we may get one later. I don't deem it wise to count a series out just because we got a reveal, it doesn't really make any sense and it doesn't apply. There is nothing that alludes to Villager being the only character.

On the other hand, Sakurai was antithetical to his original intent. I doubt he would be so eager to insert much more AC after Villager as he summarizes the series adequately anyways. He has a decent chance though, I think he is next in line.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tom Nook feels like a possibility in my opinion. I feel as though Animal Crossing is worthy of a second representative, I thought Tom Nook was well liked. I wouldn't count another AC character out just because Villager was the first character reveal, if anything, that only reaffirms that we may get one later. I don't deem it wise to count a series out just because we got a reveal, it doesn't really make any sense and it doesn't apply. There is nothing that alludes to Villager being the only character.

On the other hand, Sakurai was antithetical to his original intent. I doubt he would be so eager to insert much more AC after Villager as he summarizes the series adequately anyways. He has a decent chance though, I think he is next in line.
I agree completely. Though some people just say "durr AC doesn't need another, give it to new franchise doy," It's Sakurai, he can do anything to the roster whatever he likes.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I had a couple of issues and had to remake the roster, but I remembered it, so here it is:

My keeping Ike had consequences...I had to cut another veteran. I chose Wolf, but I actually have no idea whether Falco or Wolf is the better cut cut (Falco just had the better icon, actually). As such, you may switch Falco with Wolf and you'll still have an accurate feel of the roster. (Note: I may repost on the next page since I had issues this time)

Other Explainations:

K. Rool over Dixie due to uniqueness being a big thing this time.
Stork in due to uniqueness, but may be replaced with Kamek if you prefer. The Stork would be using the babies in his moveset so that Yoshi doesn't have to.
Impa due to recent stuffs with Zelda. Sheik is NOT incorporated into Zelda.
Takamaru is my retro, but Lip is another one of my options.
(This isn't important, but the Samus + ZSS icon is mine :D)
Ridley because Ridley.
Palutena because she's a great choice for a (female) newcomer, and Sakurai knows her potential better than anyone.
Little Mac because Little Mac and Little Pac-Mii
Charizard over full Pokemon Trainer because cutting Ivysaur and Squirtle was the most slot-efficient cut.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo.
Robin in due to uniqueness and because avatars are fine. Also a half female.
Mii due to Little Pac-Mii
Daitoryo is my historical character (and I love him so he stays).
Pac-Man is there because of the Little Pac-Mii rumor and because I can't bring myself to cut him.

Also, this thread is too fast.

Morbi

Scavenger
Having Tom Nook is like having another Game & Watch character or Wii Fit character.
It doesn't have to be that way; Sakurai is capable of conceiving a unique move-set out of nearly nothing, it wouldn't be the first time. I am not sure how Wii Fit trainer pertains to this categorization, but that is truly irrelevant.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I had a couple of issues and had to remake the roster, but I remembered it, so here it is:

My keeping Ike had consequences...I had to cut another veteran. I chose Wolf, but I actually have no idea whether Falco or Wolf is the better cut cut (Falco just had the better icon, actually). As such, you may switch Falco with Wolf and you'll still have an accurate feel of the roster. (Note: I may repost on the next page since I had issues this time)

Other Explainations:

Stork in due to uniqueness, but may be replaced with Kamek if you prefer. The Stork would be using the babies in his moveset so that Yoshi doesn't have to.
Ridley because Ridley.
Palutena because she's a great choice for a (female) newcomer, and Sakurai knows her potential better than anyone.
Charizard over full Pokemon Trainer because cutting Ivysaur and Squirtle was the most slot-efficient cut.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo.
Pac-Man is there because of the Little Pac-Mii rumor and because I can't bring myself to cut him.

So... you cut Snake and Wolf... and add Stork. And Impa solely on recency?

And I highly doubt "Little Pac-Mii" is true.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Other Explainations:

Ridley because Ridley.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

As much as I defend Debbie, I honestly would be thrilled to see Impa in place of Sheik, giving her significance.

I would not, however, appreciate Tingle or Toon Zelda.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, here's what I have so far:

Isabelle:

Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)

Forward + A: Party Popper (11%) (Small-range projectile, hits with confetti)

Up + A: I almost Forgot! (10%) (Surprise emote appears above head to attack)

Down + A: Found a Shell! (9%) (Kneels down to pick up shell, attacks low)

Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)
Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)

Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)

Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)

Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)

Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)

Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Isabelle grabs the opponent with an open paw

Pummel: Isabelle pokes the opponent with her Pen (2%)

Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Isabelle Raises up a town flag that strikes the opponent mid-raise (9%)

Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)

Back Throw: Isabelle spins the office chair around with the opponent on it, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)
Oh hai there, Ms. Game & Watch! Seriously, this is a great moveset for the moe toy dog (or what ever the hell a Shih Tzu is).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Other Explainations:

Ridley because Ridley.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

The roster is well balanced with WTF choices I like and popular solid choices. I love the roster and I would be completely fine if this roster happened.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Impa or Tingle would be welcome 5th Zelda reps in my eyes, even if I'd rather have just 3 or 4 reps for the series.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If I recall correctly... Skullkid already took that, and for the incompetent, Phantom is next in line. That one still gets me, Phantom... an assist trophy.
Makes perfect sense considering Phantom's were a big and memorable thing in Phantom Hourglass and Phantom Zelda was the big thing in Spirit Tracks. She deserves to be an Assist Trophy. Plus there should be a Toon Assist Trophy anyway.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Other Explainations:

Ridley because Ridley.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo.

Also, this thread is too fast and this is a repost.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice

No Snake?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Wait, has it been confirmed that a Phantom is an AT?

From the pose of Zelda, I suspected that it was a new attack. If it replaces her down B? Well, I wouldn't mind that... too much, just as long as Sheik still got in as a separate character...
Sakurai hasn't said a thing about it yet, to my knowledge.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Wait, has it been confirmed that a Phantom is an AT?

From the pose of Zelda, I suspected that it was a new attack. If it replaces her down B? Well, I wouldn't mind that... too much, just as long as Sheik still got in as a separate character...
Nothing's been confirmed, but she does that exact pose in another picture without the Phantom. And I don't want to start a big arguement about this - I realize that the screenshots are unclear, but Assist Trophy just seems more likely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom