• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Same here. Funny cause I designed a Pokemon a couple weeks ago that had a similar design to Samurott but standing upright. I was actually very proud of it, I could show you if you want.
**** YES. OMFG THIS IS PROBABLY EVERYTHING I HAVE WANTED SINCE THE RELEASE OF BLACK AND WHITE!

You have absolutely no idea how much I'd like to see that.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, here's what I have so far:

Isabelle:

Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)

Forward + A: Party Popper (11%) (Small-range projectile, hits with confetti)

Up + A: I almost Forgot! (10%) (Surprise emote appears above head to attack)

Down + A: Found a Shell! (9%) (Kneels down to pick up shell, attacks low)

Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)
Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)

Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)

Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)

Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)

Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)

Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Isabelle grabs the opponent with an open paw

Pummel: Isabelle pokes the opponent with her Pen (2%)

Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Isabelle Raises up a town flag that strikes the opponent mid-raise (9%)

Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)

Back Throw: Isabelle spins the office chair around with the opponent on it, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)
Wow, I really think you should make a Isabelle thread, seeing as you made the Slyveon thread, it's an awesome moveset.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Do you think the Villagers bowling ball and boxing attacks are references to Wii Sports? In the last two Animal Crossing games you can use your Mii as your villager, so it makes about as much sense as him using Balloon Fighters balloons.
It's alot better than assuming that it's a reference to Little Mac. :p

This is awesome (although I would rather have KK as a character than a part of her attack). Nicely done. If there is an Isabelle thread, they must see this.
I don't think there even IS an Isabelle thread. :c

I'm loving this.
She's a gentle fighter, also relying on Animal Crossing townsfolk, possibly one of the most important parts of Animal Crossing.
I'm impressed. I like this a lot.
I thought so too. I feel as if New Leaf is the game in the series in which you're closest to your townsfolk as you're their mayor, and so having each other working together to win a fight, much like they'd work together to make a beautiful town, is symbolic.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
**** YES. OMFG THIS IS PROBABLY EVERYTHING I HAVE WANTED SINCE THE RELEASE OF BLACK AND WHITE!

You have absolutely no idea how much I'd like to see that.
I honestly wonder if Samurott would've been better received if it was standing bipedal primarily and could go quadrupled a la Typhlosion rather then the other way around.

D

Deleted member

Neither of them look like they're from Wii Sports, so not really.

Yeah, but with the Villager sporting those moves, it's hard to see what the Mii could really do that the Villager already can't. It really is quite funny how some people think the Mii has a shot when the Villager already has most his potential moves.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
I honestly wonder if Samurott would've been better received if it was standing bipedal primarily and could go quadrupled a la Typhlosion rather then the other way around.
Eh, I like Samurott. Heck, the only time that the Water starter wasn't my favorite was Gen II (Typhlosion).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but with the Villager sporting those moves, it's hard to see what the Mii could really do that the Villager already can't. It really is quite funny how some people think the Mii has a shot when the Villager already has most his potential moves.
If it wasn't for Villager's mere existence, Mii would look like a more appealing option. Probably no where near on par with Ridley, but still at least it would of been a distinctive option.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
What about just including the Mii mask for Villager? That's really the only way I'd be fine with having Mii playable.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
well, for me he would.
Probably. Would've appealed to me better, at least.
Yeah, I can see that as well.

Eh, I like Samurott. Heck, the only time that the Water starter wasn't my favorite was Gen II (Typhlosion).
Personally it's my favorite starter from gen 5, I will concede the jump between it and Dewott is somewhat jarring, but I still do like the design and incorporation of shogun themes in it regardless.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I would probably like samruott a lot better if the pre-evolutions were not otters.

have I passed the point across yet? I like otters.

EDIT: OMG I JUST FOUND THE BEST SITE EVER!

HOW AND WHY IS THAT A THING WHOEVER MADE THAT I LOVE YOU

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
If we're going to keep talking about Pokemon, can we get back to Pokemon we want in Sm4sh?

How about we talk about Poke Balls, eh? Personally, I want there to be one for Noivern. B-B-B-B-BOOMBURST!!!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If grovyle got in as a pokeball and made a mystery dungeon reference my life would be completed.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
To be fair the Villagers ballon helmet has a different design and color from the Balloon Fighters, but it's obvious that that's what it's referencing.
Well since you're double-posting I'll use the opportunity to add to my previous post:

Balloon Fighter's helmet doesn't have any detailed design except one they used in a Melee Trophy. So it's really just a different take on it. Both red and blue (Rosalina trailer) versions have been shown, like how there was a blue helmet for P1 and a red one for P2 in Ballon Fight. So I'd say it's an accurate reference.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Well since you're double-posting I'll use the opportunity to add to my previous post:

Balloon Fighter's helmet doesn't have any detailed design except one they used in a Melee Trophy. So it's really just a different take on it. Both red and blue (Rosalina trailer) versions have been shown, like how there was a blue helmet for P1 and a red one for P2 in Ballon Fight. So I'd say it's an accurate reference.
They couldn't detail it well in Melee because of limitations, there's detail now because it's a new, next-gen, HD game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom