• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I would be more hopeful for him if it wasn't for this:
Assume Lucario and Mewtwo are both included. Not, if Grovyle is associated with a Trainer, assume Blaziken is on the team too. See the problem? That's four humanoid Pokemon playable.
so, just make him on his own then, there's only 3. unless you count squirtle. then there's still 4. but I would say 3.
Oh this should be the Pokemon roster:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Zoroark
4. Lucario
5. Mewtwo
One of the best lineup characters for Pokemon.
no red? and no Grovyle (even though he's a pipe dream)?

3/10 because at least you kept lucario.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Honestly, I don't mind Isabelle in Smash Bros. I love the character and actually considered it before you brought it up.
But ultimately Villager represents the series just fine, and Tom Nook would be the only other character to successfully complete Animal Crossing.
Considering he's your boss. And then you have to pay him when he's not. He's got a huge role in the game, bigger than Isabelle by far.
But he's not your boss in New Leaf, and Isabelle helps you take care of the entire town as it's all in your own hands now as you're the mayor. She's a big part of your upbringing of your own town, responsible for setting up projects, ordinances, and all sorts of holiday specials. And while Villager represents Animal Crossing as a whole fine, nothing he does shows any of the new things from New Leaf, which Isabelle can easily do as she's a big part of said new things. I'd be willing to argue that Isabelle's role is easily equal, if not bigger, to Tom Nook's. I mean c'mon man, she works so hard she barely gets an hour of sleep.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pokémon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokémon Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario

I know this line-up has never been done before. I'm trying to be real creative.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Time for KingShadow's super duper biased Pokémon roster! :colorful:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo, Zoroark, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Togepi, Hawlucha, Herracross, Blaziken, Grovyle, Greninja, Typhlosion, Totodile, Darkrai, Snorlax, Lickitung.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh this should be the Pokemon roster:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Zoroark
4. Lucario
5. Mewtwo
One of the best lineup characters for Pokemon.
Where's the Fire, Water, and Grass starters at? They don't have to be Kanto but you gotta have something.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But he's not your boss in New Leaf, and Isabelle helps you take care of the entire town as it's all in your own hands now as you're the mayor. She's a big part of your upbringing of your own town, responsible for setting up projects, ordinances, and all sorts of holiday specials. And while Villager represents Animal Crossing as a whole fine, nothing he does shows any of the new things from New Leaf, which Isabelle can easily do as she's a big part of said new things. I'd be willing to argue that Isabelle's role is easily equal, if not bigger, to Tom Nook's.
Very fair argument.
Although I'm just wondering: What can Isabelle do exactly?
What's a good moveset for her? I'm looking forward to a video of yours surrounding Isabelle, but as of now I guess I'll just ask.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Brawl + Mewtwo.

Haven't played Pokemon.

*raises fire shield*
Woah are you serious. Pokemon is like the best RPG series that's easy to get into.

Pokemon newcomers I would love to see:
Mewtwo with mega evolution(s), Zoroark, Pokemon Trainer with Kalos starters, Blaziken, Hawlucha...

Pokemon newcomers I expect to see:
Mewtwo with mega evolution(s), and... yeah that's it.
He's a returning veteran. :p
Not a Pokemon newcomer.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Very fair argument.
Although I'm just wondering: What can Isabelle do exactly?
What's a good moveset for her? I'm looking forward to a video of yours surrounding Isabelle, but as of now I guess I'll just ask.
Well, here's what I have so far:

Isabelle:

Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)

Forward + A: Party Popper (11%) (Small-range projectile, hits with confetti)

Up + A: I almost Forgot! (10%) (Surprise emote appears above head to attack)

Down + A: Found a Shell! (9%) (Kneels down to pick up shell, attacks low)

Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)
Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)

Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)

Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)

Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)

Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)

Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Isabelle grabs the opponent with an open paw

Pummel: Isabelle pokes the opponent with her Pen (2%)

Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Isabelle Raises up a town flag that strikes the opponent mid-raise (9%)

Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)

Back Throw: Isabelle spins the office chair around with the opponent on it, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Woah are you serious. Pokemon is like the best RPG series that's easy to get into.
I didn't get into video games until age 10. That was Mario, Smash Bros. and Mega Man. Now, I try to experience other games, but I'm still a PokeVirgin. Considering that it was surrounding me since I started school, that was all anybody talked about.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Isabelle:

Standard A Combo: Sign Here Please (x2, 8% total) (Strikes with her clipboard twice)

Dash Attack: The perfect Spot! (Stops and places Loid on the ground, attacks low and knocks opponent upward)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Winter Joys (13%) (Dons her Winter Solstice Coat as snowy wind flies around her)
Forward + A: Still not unpacked (12%) (Drops a Cardboard Box in front of her, can meteor smash)

Up + A: Attention Residents! (10%) (Pulls out a microphone and releases soundwaves upwards)

Down + A: Improve my Wardrobe (9%) (Puts on a pair of boots for a short moment to drop towards the ground. Can OTG hit opponents to continue combos)

Backward + A: Raring to Go! (11%) (Throws out a stack of papers behind her to attack, short-range projectile, decent range attack)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Going to the Island (24%) (Kapp’n and his boat appear and Isabelle jumps aboard, dashing forward a short distance as Isabelle then jumps off)

Up Smash: Club LOL (22%) (DJ K.K. Appears and booms a burst of sound upward as Isabelle jumps up and down happily)

Down Smash: We’d like to say…WELCOME! (20%) (Isabelle and a pair of random resident animals will shout in three different directions, the bursts of sound doing damage)

Grab Attacks:

Forward Throw: Isabelle pushes an office chair behind the opponent, which pushes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Isabelle Raises up a town flag that strikes the opponent mid-raise (9%)

Down Throw: Isabelle gives the opponent a large stack of papers, which causes them to fall to the ground as she acts nervously (11%)

Back Throw: Isabelle spins the office chair around with the opponent on it, which sends them spiraling away. (11%)
I'm loving this.
She's a gentle fighter, also relying on Animal Crossing townsfolk, possibly one of the most important parts of Animal Crossing.
I'm impressed. I like this a lot.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't have X OR Y. even though that was the only thing I asked for during Christmas.

all I got was this stupid phone I only use for dragonvale, which I'm addicted to now. thanks santa.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Brawl + Mewtwo.

Haven't played Pokemon.

*raises fire shield*
You don want to catch them all?

I didn't get into video games until age 10. That was Mario, Smash Bros. and Mega Man. Now, I try to experience other games, but I'm still a PokeVirgin. Considering that it was surrounding me since I started school, that was all anybody talked about.
Did you ever play Mega Man X? Excellent game, one of the best. Also, why not try Tekken, its a good series.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Do you think the Villagers bowling ball and boxing attacks are references to Wii Sports? In the last two Animal Crossing games you can use your Mii as your villager, so it makes about as much sense as him using Balloon Fighters balloons.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice

Isabelle:

Aerial Attacks:

Smash Attacks:

Grab Attacks:

This is awesome (although I would rather have KK as a character than a part of her attack). Nicely done. If there is an Isabelle thread, they must see this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
hey do you know that dewott was my favorite pokemon for the longest time and still is in my top 5? because he is/was. it would be Samurott if he looked less like a dog and more like an otter.
Same here. Funny cause I designed a Pokemon a couple weeks ago that had a similar design to Samurott but standing upright. I was actually very proud of it, I could show you if you want.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
My ideal Pokemon roster:
1. Pikachu (duh)
2. Red (with same Pokemon as in Brawl)
3. Jigglypuff (series tradition/mainstay)
4. Mewtwo (Popular legendary veteran with a lot of fan demand)
5. Lucario (same as Mewtwo, minus legendary status of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom