• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tom Nook, though I imagine he'll stay a background character or maybe be made into an assist trophy.
Mr. Resetti will remain an assist trophy, considering we know we're getting some of the ones from Brawl back.
Isabelle will be a background character.
All of them will have a trophy and sticker(?)
My thoughts on it, at least.
I think that we're not getting another Animal Crossing character, Villager gets the point across just fine.
Don't you?
2ec.jpg

Also, how come nobody said anything about this? I thought it was really interesting.

1 - King K Rool * - 10.0
2 - Little Mac * - 10.0
3 - Mewtwo * - 10.0
4 - Palutena * -10.0
5 - Ridley* - 10.0
6 - Roy * - 10.0
7 - Bowser Jr. - 9.6
8 - Krystal - 9.3
9 - Isaac - 9.2
10 - Paper Mario - 9.0
11 - Chrom * - 8.3
12 - Shulk * - 8.3
13 - Waluigi * - 8.3
14 - Banjo-Kazooie - 7.7
15 - Dixie Kong - 7.5
16 - Ghirahim * - 6.8
17 - Samurai Goroh * - 6.8
18 - Black Shadow * - 6.5
19 - Bomberman * - 6.5
20 - Lyn - 6.3

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
She's the your assistant, and major furbait.
You had to make that response as much of a turn-off as you could, couldn't you? Oh, it's an animal, it must be furbait...if Isabelle even fit the criteria of a furry, which she surprisingly doesn't, as do mainly any of the animals in Animal Crossing. They're anthros, not furries, and yes there's a difference.

Tom Nook, although I'm pretty sure that Villager is going to be alone for this game. As for the ever-so-popular Isabelle, I simply can't see her fighting in a Smash Bros. game. Then again, I've never seen a moveset for her.
Give me a few minutes and I'll have one laid out.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well then feel free to design a moveset for Tom Nook. It's alot better than listening to half of the crap that goes on around here.
Alrighty then, I mostly incorporated moves from SMB3, because why not Villager copies Balloon Fighter:

Neutral-B: Broom Duster: Tom Nook creates big dust clouds that cover about the size of 4 Bowsers. This can be mainly used to surprise opponents with the Furniture Toss.

Side-B: Furniture Toss: Tom Nook throws out a random furniture, the longer you charge it the bigger the furniture. Although

Up-B: Tanooki Flight: Tom Nook uses his Tanooki tail to fly into great heights. This move is similar to Pit's Up-B and controls just like you would have in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Down-B: Nook Statue: Tom Nook turns into a statue which causes Nook to fall hard to knock opponents hard. Although similar to Kirby's, Nook's statue can be broken by damaging it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Tom Nook even tries to steal Villager's spotlight and he'll rip his son in half with his bare hands while his family watches.

D

Deleted member

I think that we're not getting another Animal Crossing character, Villager gets the point across just fine.
Don't you?
View attachment 5744

Also, how come nobody said anything about this? I thought it was really interesting.

1 - King K Rool * - 10.0
2 - Little Mac * - 10.0
3 - Mewtwo * - 10.0
4 - Palutena * -10.0
5 - Ridley* - 10.0
6 - Roy * - 10.0
7 - Bowser Jr. - 9.6
8 - Krystal - 9.3
9 - Isaac - 9.2
10 - Paper Mario - 9.0
11 - Chrom * - 8.3
12 - Shulk * - 8.3
13 - Waluigi * - 8.3
14 - Banjo-Kazooie - 7.7
15 - Dixie Kong - 7.5
16 - Ghirahim * - 6.8
19 - Bomberman * - 6.5
20 - Lyn - 6.3
What is "this"?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tom Nook even tries to steal Villager's spotlight and he'll rip his son in half with his bare hands while his family watches.
I'm pretty sure the Villager would do worse stuff than that. Like feasting on the flesh of the innocent. After all, even he needs sustenance. And who better than the children? No one that's who. Their tears are like syrup on pancakes.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Neutral-B: Broom Duster: Tom Nook creates big dust clouds that cover about the size of 4 Bowsers. This can be mainly used to surprise opponents with the Furniture Toss.

Side-B: Furniture Toss: Tom Nook throws out a random furniture, the longer you charge it the bigger the furniture. Although

Up-B: Tanooki Flight: Tom Nook uses his Tanooki tail to fly into great heights. This move is similar to Pit's Up-B and controls just like you would have in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Down-B: Nook Statue: Tom Nook turns into a statue which causes Nook to fall hard to knock opponents hard. Although similar to Kirby's, Nook's statue can be broken by damaging it.
Stahp! I'm gonna pee!

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
You had to make that response as much of a turn-off as you could, couldn't you? Oh, it's an animal, it must be furbait...if Isabelle even fit the criteria of a furry, which she surprisingly doesn't, as do mainly any of the animals in Animal Crossing. They're anthros, not furries, and yes there's a difference.

Give me a few minutes and I'll have one laid out.
It's a dumb, harmless joke poking fun at the dumb Miiverse posts calling her hot. Relax.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What is "this"?
Here's the post:

Has anyone used the Popularity meter in the Roster maker? How accurate do you think it is? Is it outdated? I got the latest version. Here's the top twenty, according to it:

1 - King K Rool * - 10.0
2 - Little Mac * - 10.0
3 - Mewtwo * - 10.0
4 - Palutena * -10.0
5 - Ridley* - 10.0
6 - Roy * - 10.0
7 - Bowser Jr. - 9.6
8 - Krystal - 9.3
9 - Isaac - 9.2
10 - Paper Mario - 9.0
11 - Chrom * - 8.3
12 - Shulk * - 8.3
13 - Waluigi * - 8.3
14 - Banjo-Kazooie - 7.7
15 - Dixie Kong - 7.5
16 - Ghirahim * - 6.8
19 - Bomberman * - 6.5
20 - Lyn - 6.3

* - Organized by name due to sharing ratings
Notes:
- Mega Man and Skull Kid omitted due to confirmation and de-confirmation, respectively.
-Ha! Ghirahim's on it.

D

Deleted member

Here's the post:
Keep in mind that only samples Smash fans in this forum. If you want a more accurate reading on popularity, then go check Shortie's poll right on this forum, he samples all sorts of places.

Also, remember that popularity isn't everything. Miss Fit certainly wasn't popular before Sakurai added her.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alrighty then, I mostly incorporated moves from SMB3, because why not Villager copies Balloon Fighter:

While it's not bad, it doesn't really encompass alot of things that Nook does, as he can't fly and he can't turn into a statue. I can make a moveset for Isabelle that really is all things she does in-game.

It's a dumb, harmless joke poking fun at the dumb Miiverse posts calling her hot. Relax.
Well sooooorry. You know what jokes usually are? Funny. :p

Really, I see the Villager as a puppet to the giant master that is Isabelle.
I do not trust those eyes!
So she uses the fact that she's a cute puppy to brainwash us to do her bidding? No wonder the villager is so stone-faced all the time. :p

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Heh, instead of Tom Nook summoning a house for Villager's Final Smash, how bout you have Isabelle renovate a fountains, bridges, etc. and have it drop down the stage to knock down opponents. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Keep in mind that only samples Smash fans in this forum. If you want a more accurate reading on popularity, then go check Shortie's poll right on this forum, he samples all sorts of places.

Also, remember that popularity isn't everything. Miss Fit certainly wasn't popular before Sakurai added her.
Maybe not the Trainer, but if I remember rightly, Wii Fit sold tremendously well. Also, I thank you for actually giving me an answer to my question. Where can I find this poll?

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
He already is one, there's a reason there is one human in your town.
DON'T FORGET. PAY YOUR DEBT.
I'm pretty sure his announcement trailer would go something like this:

Villager and some other characters are fighting on the Animal Crossing stage. Tom Nook shows up to inform the Villager that he needs to pay off his debt. Villager, not seeing Tom Nook, accidentally hits Tom Nook in the face. Nook proceeds to get astronomicapissed at the Villager and murders every single character in the roster with his bare hands in a glorious montage. The screen fades to black, and these words appear written in blood: “Have you paid off YOUR debt?”

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036

Villager and some other characters are fighting on the Animal Crossing stage. Tom Nook shows up to inform the Villager that he needs to pay off his debt. Villager, not seeing Tom Nook, accidentally hits Tom Nook in the face. Nook proceeds to get astronomicapissed at the Villager and murders every single character in the roster with his bare hands in a glorious montage. The screen fades to black, and these words appear written in blood: “Have you paid off YOUR debt?”
Wait, this is Smash Bros. we're talking about. never mind.
And then he turns the mutilated characters into furniture for his nephews to sell at their store.:eek:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Wait, this is Smash Bros. we're talking about. never mind.
What about something completely different like how it went from Kirby Air Ride to Mario Kart in Rosalina's trailer?
Maybe it could take place in the overworld of SMB3, while Raccoon Mario is flying he meets Tom Nook, who steals all the coins from Mario and the stage of 1-1.

i'm too lazy to read through the entire thread, what I missed
A second AC character discussion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who wants to talk about Pokemon? Other than Mewtwo that is. Everyone seems to think he's coming back, and no one is mad about that. Who would be cooler Genesect or Zoroark? Personally I like Zoroark a little more, I see more potential in it. But Genesect looks cool.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Heh, instead of Tom Nook summoning a house for Villager's Final Smash, how bout you have Isabelle renovate a fountains, bridges, etc. and have it drop down the stage to knock down opponents. :troll:
Nah, because Isabelle can be her own unique character, that and she has no connections to Tom Nook whatsoever in New Leaf and it would make no sense. It'd have to be Sable.

Who would be cooler Genesect or Zoroark? Personally I like Zoroark a little more, I see more potential in it. But Genesect looks cool.
Zoroark easily, her moveset can be completely unique, we already have a robot that shoots beams, from his eyes no less!

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Who wants to talk about Pokemon? Other than Mewtwo that is. Everyone seems to think he's coming back, and no one is mad about that. Who would be cooler Genesect or Zoroark? Personally I like Zoroark a little more, I see more potential in it. But Genesect looks cool.
I honesty want Genesect as a Pokémon newcomer more than I want Mewtwo to return. I like mah Bug-types.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
What about something completely different like how it went from Kirby Air Ride to Mario Kart in Rosalina's trailer?
Maybe it could take place in the overworld of SMB3, while Raccoon Mario is flying he meets Tom Nook, who steals all the coins from Mario and the stage of 1-1..
More kid-friendly, could just as easily become meme-worthy. I approve

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I love Zoroark, he could potentially be more unique than the rest of the Pokemon characters, though it might be at the cost of a Pokemon veteran. I think it will be well worth it though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
i'm too lazy to read through the entire thread, what I missed
Nothing but Animal Crossing talk. Most people want Tom Nook or Isabelle as a second AC character. But I feel that Nook is more iconic. Then again, who wouldn't want to punch Resetti in the mouth? I know someone has to like the idea of that.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I honesty want Genesect as a Pokémon newcomer more than I want Mewtwo to return. I like mah Bug-types.
I'm cool with or without Genesect. It's very hard to pick between Lucario, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I want at least two of 'em.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
In other words, does Isabelle being in the poster of Villager indicate anything that Isabelle might be part of Villager's moveset? This should be something we never discussed before.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
In other words, does Isabelle being in the poster of Villager indicate anything that Isabelle might be part of Villager's moveset? This should be something we never discussed before.
I don't think so. It's just a nice detail thrown in there.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I highly doubt it as it's quite clear that this villager has no connections to New Leaf. Also, the fact that she's in the City Folk town makes no sense as she wasn't in any other game than New Leaf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No, probably not. Just because she's close to him doesn't really mean anything at all. She's close to him because she's his assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom