• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Responses in Blue

Irrelevant. This concept is to make Chrom unique from the first two.
Adding significant traits to a character for the sole reason of making them unique because they aren't is not a reason to do so. Chrom isn't an essential character like Fox and Captain Falcon. Even though Fox was based off of his Arwing anyway and Captain Falcon had that Anime.

Why would all three do the same stuff?
Martha and Ike don't. And I already explained why Chrom would.

You got proof of that?
Oh, no! I don't have proof that Zoroark won't get in. Guess I can't predict he won't get in.

See, this is exactly why I can't take you seriously. You call Chrom a clone
Why wouldn't I when his character CURRENTLY doesn't have anything to differentiate himself from Marth like Roy CURRENTLY does.

ROY WAS ALREADY A CLONE IN MELEE!
If you still think that's relevant I see no reason to take YOU seriously.

WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IS CHROM WOULD BE A CLONE!
Nor do we KNOW if Impa or Slippy would be. We don't even know if Mewtwo is getting in either. Yelling the same thing doesn't make a difference after I already explained why it's irrelevant.

It's iconic to have Luma by her side. Yes, but not iconic to use them to fight for her.
See, this is a horrible argument. Why does it matter if it's not iconic for a Nintendo character to fight. I suppose this is your basis to avoid all logic isn't it? I guess Luigi should throw bags from Mario is Missing. Because it's not iconic for Villager to fight.
What kind of defense is that? What kind of argument is "Chrom won't be unique" without having any proof that he won't?
I don't have any proof that Young Link won't be unique or even not be in the game. Do I need it to assume it? No.

Maybe. But it isn't the same animation as the Mario Tornado
Nor is Yoshi's flutter the same animation from Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Story. Your point?

I have to ask. Do you know something about Sakurai's methodology that we all don't Saturn?
I know that when someone is seen as clone/semi clone material that they become one and that Sakurai easily brushes off characters for being too similar. Like for example:
upload_2014-1-2_16-4-21.jpeg

No, it's because YOU tend to type your comments in a manner that makes it seem as if your opinion should be treated as fact, when clearly it isn't. Because, opinion's CAN'T be facts.
And you called ME hypocritical. I'm simply speaking confidently like the rest of you. But, I never once said that Chrom CAN'T do the things you suggested.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
How bout the chances of Porky replacing Lucas?
Extremely unlikely, unless they for some reason decide Lucas being Japan-exclusive matters enough to warrant it. I actually do think that's more likely than having Mother cut down to one character (Ness), but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

So how about that Dixie Kong?
Seriously, this is something I want to talk about.
Dixie wouldn't be as unique as the current newbies, so I'm worried about her chances right now.
K. Rool seems to be the most realistic option at this point actually.
She seems like blatant clone/semi-clone potential. Then again, that's what everyone said about Rosalina. What Dixie has going for her is marketing hype, though, since she's in a major upcoming game. I'm not really one for the "recency" argument or whatever, but she would be the perfect way to advertise Tropical Freeze, and so far Smash seems like it's more focused on that kinda thing this time around.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't it's likely that Chrom will be an AT. That would piss off Awakening fans. :p
...Yeah, but I can't think of any non-Awakening characters as assists, and having Lucina as an Assist would feel...wrong.

Though I suppose She could act like Lyn did in Brawl, as Lyn's on my playable roster.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
She seems like blatant clone/semi-clone potential. Then again, that's what everyone said about Rosalina. What Dixie has going for her is marketing hype, though, since she's in a major upcoming game. I'm not really one for the "recency" argument or whatever, but she would be the perfect way to advertise Tropical Freeze, and so far Smash seems like it's more focused on that kinda thing this time around.
That's the thing though.
They could go with advertising and pick Dixie.
Or they could go with uniqueness and pick K. Rool.
Or they could surprise everyone and go with Cranky (which I find unlikely when compared with the other two).

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
When is that stated though?

He leads them, yes, but I don't think he's ever called a king.
"Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves"

"Ganondorf was born a member of the Gerudo; as the only male member to be born in a hundred years, Ganondorf is made either the King of the Gerudo or the Guardian of the Desert, depending on the game."

D

Deleted member

When is that stated though?

He leads them, yes, but I don't think he's ever called a king.
Quote Nabooru:
"Only one man is born every hundred years...Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudo, I'll never bow to such an evil man!"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When have I ever stated my opinion as fact?

You use this terminology of "he won't" or "They can't"

But guess what? You can't possibly know that. I can't possibly know that. You can say that you predict Chrom to be a clone, but saying "He won't" makes it presented as a fact. A prediction is more of a "I don't think Chrom would be unique" Not, "Chrom can't be unique"

It goes along with your etiquette. You are by far one of the more rude or immature users on this site. By. Far. Of course now you'll likely say the same of me. But then if you don't you'll say that i'm the immature one.

I'll say it once more, but then i'm done. You have no way of showing that Roy will be decloned (not that it isn't likely), nor do you have any idea at this point of Chrom's fate. Nothing whatsoever. So to say, 'Chrom won't be unique" is ridiculous until proven true.

I was thinking of holding this back, but you are just too much sometimes. Nothing is going to change in this argument, so I think it's best to drop it.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
That's the thing though.
Or they could surprise everyone and go with Cranky (which I find unlikely when compared with the other two).
Or Sakurai could just throw all logic all logic out the window and put in Swanky Kong:

I would totally main him. XD

But I think it's a safe bet that it's either going to be Dixie, Cranky, or K. Rool, unless they go back to the Arcade era for their new character, which would be strange, and I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do something like that.

D

Deleted member

@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

I think even "I think" is rather redundant at this point. Anyone who 'thinks' they can predict Sakurai at this point is delusional. That's why now I say "I'd like to see." That is, unless I feel like starting some ****.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Or Sakurai could just throw all logic all logic out the window and put in Swanky Kong:

I would totally main him. XD

But I think it's a safe bet that it's either going to be Dixie, Cranky, or K. Rool, unless they go back to the Arcade era for their new character, which would be strange, and I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do something like that.
Arcade era, you mean Jumpman?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

I think even "I think" is rather redundant at this point. Anyone who 'thinks' they can predict Sakurai at this point is delusional. That's why now I say "I'd like to see." That is, unless I feel like starting some ****.
Well I can understand when somebody expresses their opinion. But when you adamantly are against a character and let your clear bias show, it is fairly obvious that the opinion is no longer an opinion to the person making the claim.

I get we're speculating. But speculating with facts or reasoning for certain topics is needed if things are going to be claimed as fact. That's why I get so pissed at certain topics, because a lot of users claim things with nothing to back them up.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
When have I ever stated my opinion as fact?
Several times. I don't need to go find a 3 month old conversation to know that.

But guess what? You can't possibly know that. I can't possibly know that. You can say that you predict Chrom to be a clone, but saying "He won't" makes it presented as a fact.
You're beating a dead horse.

You are by far one of the more rude or immature users on this site. By. Far.
Do you just flat out harshly insult people because they disagree with you? That's mature. I don't believe I insulted you at all. Clearly you're not someone people should debate with if this is what you do...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Cranky Kong Assist Trophy will turn everyone into a Superstar.

D

Deleted member

Well I can understand when somebody expresses their opinion. But when you adamantly are against a character and let your clear bias show, it is fairly obvious that the opinion is no longer an opinion to the person making the claim.

I get we're speculating. But speculating with facts or reasoning for certain topics is needed if things are going to be claimed as fact. That's why I get so pissed at certain topics, because a lot of users claim things with nothing to back them up.
Welcome to Smashboards's Smash 4 section, enjoy your stay.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Several times. I don't need to go find a 3 month old conversation to know that.

You're beating a dead horse.

Do you just flat out harshly insult people because they disagree with you? That's mature. I don't believe I insulted you at all. Clearly you're not someone people should debate with if this is what you do.[/quote]

Did I call that? I so called that.

I didn't harshly insult you because you disagreed with me. I insulted you because you are rude and immature. I debate cleanly with other people. I think most users would attest to that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I debated cleanly
Exactly what part of my debate was "unclean, rude, and immature"? To the point where you declare me the Adolf Hitler of Smashboards. Could you just calm down for a minute? I know you said you're pissed, but there is no reason to be. I'm not insulting you, I'm not mocking you, I'm doing nothing but nay saying on a good basis.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good late afternoon all, hope you're doing well and **** I entered in to find two unique characters as assist trophies, I don't need that, you'll find less stress in Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World. In short, I thought this:

And I'll easily take K.Rool over Dixie.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
All I really have to say on Fire Emblem:

The series' representation is based on what Intelligent Systems suggests, and there's no way they didn't tell Sakurai to include an Awakening character. Whether that's Chrom / Robin / Lucina / Chrom + Lucina / whatever is up for grabs, but they're definitely looking to promote and represent their latest big "saved-the-series" release. An Awakening character is all but guaranteed.

Then we have "no cuts planned", which means Ike's at least intended. Basically, if FE keeps two slots, Ike's in competition with an Awakening character. If it gains another slot, we're pretty likely to have both. And four slots is probably asking too much.

There isn't much room for Roy or another newcomer from a different installment. Brawl + an Awakening rep seems most likely by far.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Exactly what part of my debate was "unclean and rude"? To the point where you declare me the Adolf Hitler of Smashboards.
Lol I declared you the Adolf Hitler of Smashboards? Not that I recall.

For now I'm going to drop it Saturn. This is stupid and unnecessary. It's a video game, and I don't see the reason to keep going on about this.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Lol I declared you the Adolf Hitler of Smashboards? Not that I recall.
I didn't mean that literally.

I think if bringing up insults based on completely irrelevant mishpas is your basis for declaring my side of an argument invalid. Then I think YOU are the one being rude and immature. :glare:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's the thing though.
I personally support the King, cause he's Kool.

Has anyone used the Popularity meter in the Roster maker? How accurate do you think it is? Is it outdated? I got the latest version. Here's the top twenty, according to it:

1 - King K Rool * - 10.0
2 - Little Mac * - 10.0
3 - Mewtwo * - 10.0
4 - Palutena * -10.0
5 - Ridley* - 10.0
6 - Roy * - 10.0
7 - Bowser Jr. - 9.6
8 - Krystal - 9.3
9 - Isaac - 9.2
10 - Paper Mario - 9.0
11 - Chrom * - 8.3
12 - Shulk * - 8.3
13 - Waluigi * - 8.3
14 - Banjo-Kazooie - 7.7
15 - Dixie Kong - 7.5
16 - Ghirahim * - 6.8
17 - Samurai Goroh * - 6.8
18 - Black Shadow * - 6.5
19 - Bomberman * - 6.5
20 - Lyn - 6.3

* - Organized by name due to sharing ratings
Notes:
- Mega Man and Skull Kid omitted due to confirmation and de-confirmation, respectively.
-Ha! Ghirahim's on it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See, this is why we don't talk about Fire Emblem. I don't even know why I got into it anyway. I think both Roy and Chrom should be overlooked, and we just stay at Marth and Ike.:awesome:

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice

The series' representation is based on what Intelligent Systems suggests, and there's no way they didn't tell Sakurai to include an Awakening character. Whether that's Chrom / Robin / Lucina / Chrom + Lucina / whatever is up for grabs, but they're definitely looking to promote and represent their latest big "saved-the-series" release. An Awakening character is all but guaranteed.

Then we have "no cuts planned", which means Ike's at least intended. Basically, if FE keeps two slots, Ike's in competition with an Awakening character. If it gains another slot, we're pretty likely to have both. And four slots is probably asking too much.

There isn't much room for Roy or another newcomer from a different installment. Brawl + an Awakening rep seems most likely by far.
Richard Nixon has a point, guys. And considering that Ike is the only character besides Marth who has starred in multiple Fire Emblem games, his chances of staying are pretty high. I support Anna, but I know that the main characters of Awakening have a MUCH better shot than her.

Thank you, Mr. President, for your insight.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
That's the thing though.
Alternatively, if any series can get off with moving up to four roster slots, it's DK. That'd allow for any two of the above with no problem.

(There's also Dixie + Diddy as a vague weird possibility, but yeah.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
See, this is why we don't talk about Fire Emblem. I don't even know why I got into it anyway. I think both Roy and Chrom should be overlooked, and we just stay at Marth and Ike.:awesome:
Keep Marth and Ike, throw in Robin for a newcomer (who should never be an assist trophy), and you have three main characters that're all unique to each other in their own rights. Next subject?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Roy wasn't the only other character to get an ancestor, character based off of him, or have a sequel/prequel of his story then I'd say we need to stay with just Marth and Ike.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Roy wasn't the only other character to get an ancestor, character based off of him, or have a sequel/prequel of his story then I'd say we need to stay with just Marth and Ike.
The only reason everyone talks about Roy is because he was in Melee.
If he wasn't I doubt he would cross our minds.
Alternatively, if any series can get off with moving up to four roster slots, it's DK. That'd allow for any two of the above with no problem.

(There's also Dixie + Diddy as a vague weird possibility, but yeah.)
You're smart, you should post more.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The only reason everyone talks about Roy is because he was in Melee.
If he wasn't I doubt he would cross our minds.
Lyn wasn't in Melee, and she was the most popular and requested before Brawl. With the exception of Ike.

And my point still stands that Fire Emblem 7 makes Roy stand out from the rest.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

The series' representation is based on what Intelligent Systems suggests,
Um, no it isn't.

People seem to forget that Sakurai added Marth without consulting with IS first. And since IS isn't a 2nd Party, it's not like Sakurai is under any obligation to go to them for approval or suggestions like he is with TPC. He's only consulted with IS when he was unsure on who he should add. For all we know, he could already have a good idea of who he wants to include this time around. Whether that means getting Roy back, getting Chrom, getting someone else, or even just getting Marth and Ike, we have no idea.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My only beef with this is that I'm not sure that Sakurai would consider those factors necessarily. But again, that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom