• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lyn wasn't in Melee, and she was the most popular and requested before Brawl. With the exception of Ike.

And my point still stands that Fire Emblem 7 makes Roy stand out from the rest.
Her game was the first FE released in the US, and was also the highest rated FE until Awakening. Also she's hot, so...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Roy wasn't the only other character to get an ancestor, character based off of him, or have a sequel/prequel of his story then I'd say we need to stay with just Marth and Ike.
Except he wasn't the "only other character." Or did you forget about FE4 and 5.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Um, no it isn't.

People seem to forget that Sakurai added Marth without consulting with IS first. And since IS isn't a 2nd Party, it's not like Sakurai is under any obligation to go to them for approval or suggestions like he is with TPC. He's only consulted with IS when he was unsure on who he should add. For all we know, he could already have a good idea of who he wants to include this time around. Whether that means getting Roy back, getting Chrom, getting someone else, or even just getting Marth and Ike, we have no idea.
Ah. I guess I stand corrected on that point, then.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lyn wasn't in Melee, and she was the most popular and requested before Brawl. With the exception of Ike.

And my point still stands that Fire Emblem 7 makes Roy stand out from the rest.
Nobody knew that Roy would be cut during Brawl speculation.
Now that he was it's a bit of a didn't-know-what-we-had-until-it-was-gone situation.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
guys I made a chart thingy of my top 10 most wanted newcomers in no particular order. does anyone wish to see it?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I knew someone would point that out. I dismissed it because Leif is too similar to Marth.
You haven't played FE4 have you. Because if you had, you'd know that Leif becomes a Master Knight and can use EVERY weapon type in the game except Dark Magic.

Also, with regards to the "character to get an ancestor," technically Sigurd(along with pretty much all of the cast of FE4) would qualify.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
We sure discussed every veteran franchise discussion to death.
Perhaps a little more talk about the possibilities of a second Animal Crossing character?
People say Tom Nook because classic icon of series, I say Isabelle because of showing off all new mechanics of the new title that the Villager doesn't use. We really can't go any farther than that without designing movesets for said characters.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sure, I've love too.
Unless ghirahim isn't on it
actually he was but then I changed it from 15 to 10.

anyways, if you just ignore the layer of beedrill (sorry I discovered it was in the roster maker and got excited) you can see my top 10 in no specific order, subject to change.

MY TOP 10 MOST WANTED (MINUS BEEDRILL SWARM)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You make it sound like a bane subject. >.>
I swear were going to repeat the same veteran franchise inclusions till release at least discuss something else.
If there is anything I want to avoid it's recycling the same topic as much as we usually do. But, this is not a better topic. Also we have kind of recycled that a bit.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You make it sound like a bane subject. >.>
I swear were going to repeat the same veteran franchise inclusions till release at least discuss something else.
Well then feel free to design a moveset for Tom Nook. It's alot better than listening to half of the crap that goes on around here.

Not to the point of a dead horse though, who would be the best 2nd Animal Crossing character?
Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, or Isabelle?
Don't care what people think of me for saying it, I say Isabelle.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Not to the point of a dead horse though, who would be the best 2nd Animal Crossing character?
not Resetti, and it could be Isabelle. not many characters are normally THAT important in animal crossing. heck, she's more important than Nook is in New Leaf.

EDIT: but most likely Nook

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Tom Nook, though I imagine he'll stay a background character or maybe be made into an assist trophy.
Mr. Resetti will remain an assist trophy, considering we know we're getting some of the ones from Brawl back.
Isabelle will be a background character.
All of them will have a trophy and sticker(?)
My thoughts on it, at least.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What's the deal with Isabelle? Why is she so popular? I haven't played Animal Crossing, I don't know what she does...
She's your secretary that helps you set up public work projects and ordinances. She does work for all the holidays, and surprisingly is super active for someone who only gets an hour of sleep each night. All that, and she's freaking adorable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What's the deal with Isabelle? Why is she so popular? I haven't played Animal Crossing, I don't know what she does...
I think she's basically the manager of the Town Hall, though that's all I really know about Isabelle.
Perhaps government abilities could be involved, not too sure though, never got the chance to play New Leaf.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Good late afternoon all, hope you're doing well and **** I entered in to find two unique characters as assist trophies, I don't need that, you'll find less stress in Champion's Road in Super Mario 3D World. In short, I thought this:

And I'll easily take K.Rool over Dixie.
Or we could have both K. Rool and Dixie. I don't see why that's such a strange concept for people. Both have something to offer and both are popular characters. Though I will say K. Rool can have the better the moveset. But won't complain if either get in.

Also I'd rather have Tom Nook myself. But whatever, I don't care for AC too much.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
She's the your assistant, and major furbait. There's not much to her, I don't hate her but I don't see why she's so popular.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Tom Nook, although I'm pretty sure that Villager is going to be alone for this game. As for the ever-so-popular Isabelle, I simply can't see her fighting in a Smash Bros. game. Then again, I've never seen a moveset for her.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I'd go with Resseti. The butthurt from that would be so sweet. :evil:
In terms of likely hood, Nook wins.
There isn't really any likelihood in a second Animal Crossing character. Everything in the series can be represented by the Villager and some stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom