• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Call it more of a hunch than anything, but I don't think four third-parties are all that likely, and I personally think Pac-Man would have been a bit more prioritized with Sakurai living next to Namco and working with them every day. (I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he got in, though, since the only thing that would get in his way would be Pac-Man. I also suppose I could see four third parties too, if I'm honest)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, it makes sense that Sakurai might want to make the roster seem more impressive by making such an obvious switch with Impa and Sheik. I think most of you guys just don't like the idea because of Diddy's propaganda, and you ignore the possibility because of it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Honestly, it makes sense that Sakurai might want to make the roster seem more impressive by making such an obvious switch with Impa and Sheik. I think most of you guys just don't like the idea because of Diddy's propaganda, and you ignore the possibility because of it.
Many people do, but there is really no point in switching Impa in for Sheik. It's completely redundant.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
I'm not opposed to it. Heck, I'll take both. But Diddy makes me not WANT to support Impa.

EDIT: We're done talking about Impa.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
No, I don't like it for the reason that it's a stupid idea and as Tumblr said, redundant.

I don't mind Impa, but only if she gets in as a separate character and differentiates herself from Sheik, while not replacing Sheik.

I'm not opposed to it. Heck, I'll take both. But Diddy makes me not WANT to support Impa.
Wow. Only a day old and he already knows about Diddy's love for Impa.

----

Morbi

Scavenger
Many people do, but there is really no point in switching Impa in for Sheik. It's completely redundant.
Changing a character to the more relevant and important character that has an entirely different visual appeal (which was actually the source of inspiration for the replaced character) is redundant?

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't like it for the reason that it's a stupid idea and as Tumblr said, redundant.

I don't mind Impa, but only if she gets in as a separate character and differentiates herself from Sheik, while not replacing Sheik.

Wow. Only a day old and he already knows about Diddy's love for Impa.

----
To be fair, I've been lurking around for a few days before I signed up.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Changing a character to the more relevant and important character that has an entirely different visual appeal (which was actually the source of inspiration for the replaced character) is redundant?
Morbid's involved. Happy days.

There are some reasons to replace Sheik for Impa. The main two being that Sheik has not been (and probably will not be) relevant for some time, and the roster looks more impressive with Zelda and Sheik separated.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, I've been lurking around for a few days before I signed up.
Me too. I, believe it or not, came here because I wanted to see how SSB4 info I could dig up, and also how much support there was for Ghirahim in Smash Bros.

During that time I decided I wanted to join this little community, so I did!

Just a little backstory for y'all!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Me too. I, believe it or not, came here because I wanted to see how SSB4 info I could dig up, and also how much support there was for Ghirahim in Smash Bros.

T'was the season for Smash Bros. speculation, huh? :troll:

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I'd be cool with Impa, but she's by no means the most likely Zelda newcomer. Other Zelda characters are just as likely more or less. Between Tingle, Tetra, and Impa, there's not really much to suggest any one has a good chance over the others. They've all got their fair share of strong points and hurdles to overcome.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Tingle's got plenty of Japanese popularity. He's incredibly unique to boot, and can avenge our fallen Balloon Fighter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ghirahim support nowadays is dying like dodos since Skyward Sword is nearly two years old. That could change unless he is referenced in future Zelda games or if Sakurai picks him for uniqueness.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd be cool with Impa, but she's by no means the most likely Zelda newcomer. Other Zelda characters are just as likely more or less. Between Tingle, Tetra, and Impa, there's not really much to suggest any one has a good chance over the others. They've all got their fair share of strong points and hurdles to overcome.
I personally rank the likelihood as Impa, Tingle, and Tetra. In that order.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's my new roster.
This roster looks real good. Nice way to organize it too. Though you might want to switch Yoshi's spot and Mr. Game and Watch's.

That's my main reason for not wanting Impa. Just seems redundant to me.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Goddammit people, we're slipping back into madness. Well, I guess I'll embrace it, here's Dark Matter:

Anything to avoid terrible attempts at trolling and Impa talk.
God dang it, you're good at drawing.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ghirahim support nowadays is dying like dodos since Skyward Sword is nearly two years old. That could change unless he is referenced in future Zelda games or if Sakurai picks him for uniqueness.
Most people disregard him as a plausible candidate because he is a one-shot character (despite fitting Sakurai's criteria to a staggering extent).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Goddammit people, we're slipping back into madness. Well, I guess I'll embrace it, here's Dark Matter:

Anything to avoid terrible attempts at trolling and Impa talk.
Bandanna Dee > Galacta Knight > Dark Matter > Ado Adeleine > Lolo and Lala Lololo and Lalala. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Unique's one word for it. Here's something I realized though. His story in SS is pretty ambiguous, so he could appear again. Sakurai said the roster was decided in the Summer. Rosalina is revealed for Super Mario 3d World in late October, and then revealed for Smash Bros. What if the same happens for Debbie.

I don't expect it, and I'm not desperate. But I would love to see it more than any other character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Due to the spin offs, Tingle is the most likely. But, I still think Vaati will get in instead.
But, does Tingle really have any move potential? Do you even do anything in Rupeeland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom