• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I wonder what they could do to declone Dr. Mario. Not that I'm against the Doc being a clone again.
Dr. Mario Moveset

Neutral Special: Megavitamins. Dr. Mario throws a Megavitamin like in Melee. It is a little slower than Mario's Fireballs, but does more damage. Deals 8%.

Side Special: Virus. Dr. Mario throws a virus, they cling onto the opponent and do damage. The Fever viruses do fire damage, the Chill viruses do freeze damage, and the Weird viruses make you slower.

Up Special: Stethoscope. Dr. Mario throws his Stethoscope upwards as as tether recovery. Deals 11%

Down Special: Jar. Dr. Mario pulls out a jar from the game, except it isn't filled with viruses. He can pick up a projectile in it, when he presses Down B again, he throws it.

Final Smash: Pill Rain. Dr. Mario makes pills rain from the sky, hitting everyone.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That's a bold statement, mate. ♫
Well considering there's not much to do with Chrom. I mean given Sakurai's clone criteria and how easy it is for him to decide a character is too similar, I highly doubt Sakurai would be open minded enough to get a drill dozer to dig for actual source material for a guy who has little to none that would differentiate himself from Marth.

Unless Chrom had a drill dozer. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I think they should make Mario have Dr. Mario's physics. Mario played under-average in Melee; Dr. Mario was almost top-tier.
Ignoring the tier list logic for a bit, Mario isn't supposed to be anything but middle ground (the average character is typically called "The Mario" for a reason). No major strengths, no glaring weaknesses.
Dr. Mario was designed to have strengths and weaknesses Mario does not. He's better at KO'ing opponents but worse at recovering. There are aspects Mario is superior to Dr. Mario as well as aspects Dr. Mario is superior.

Now, to bring the tier list into perspective. Dr. Mario isn't by any stretch just a "better Mario". He's a different flavor; one that is designed to have major strengths and flaws. It just so happens the flavor he has is more versatile in competitive tournament settings.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Well, in an attempt to change the subject, here's my current roster. I apologize for the format, I haven't bothered downloading the roster maker as of yet. Bold characters have been confirmed.

Veterans: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda / Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Ness, Lucas, Marth, Ike, Captain Falcon, Pit, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Sonic

Newcomers: Rosalina & Luma, Dixie Kong, Anna, Palutena, Villager, Andy, Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man

Total Characters: 50 (Including Sheik, ZSS, and Pokémon Trainer’s team)

Thoughts?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You mean closed?
This is one of those moment when i dont know if my english is not good enough and i did a mistake or someone is being sarcsating at me.

People already got their panties in a bunch over two Link's in Smash (Lord help them in future smash games if they continue to stay like that). Imagine their riots over three..........
And yet people want paper mario in the game...

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Well considering there's not much to do with Chrom. I mean given Sakurai's clone criteria and how easy it is for him to decide a character is too similar, I highly doubt Sakurai would be open minded enough to get a drill dozer to dig for actual source material for a guy who has little to none that would differentiate himself from Marth.

Unless Chrom had a drill dozer. :troll:
Not counting the possibility of the Chrom/Lucina tag-team tandem or even a stance-change move-set (I'm simply throwing it out there for reference material), Chrom's addition wouldn't be the first time Sakurai added an unnecessary semi-clone character.

D

Deleted member

Because people love Dr. Mario and would rather play as him than pretend to play as him. A character being similar is no reason to hate somebody. If you hate Dr. Mario you might as well hate Luigi too. Dr. Mario would have had almost just as much difference in moves from Mario in Brawl as Luigi did.

I don't know about you, but people liked that game, and since then Dr. Mario has become the most popular persona of Mario. If you don't have pills and your name isn't Dr. Mario, then you're not Dr. Mario.

Plain and simple. We don't give a **** if he's technically Mario.
You make the weirdest arguments boy... I swear.

First that whole "Lip is more important than Isaac" deal, now this...

I don't HATE Doctor Mario, I simply think there are better choices than him to get in. Especially since his last entry was a clone, and my sentiments are the same for the equally boring Dr. Luigi.

I don't see why someone like Doc needs to be his own separate character again, and I don't see why him being an Alt. would be 'pretend play' when he's literally the SAME PERSON.:facepalm:

I also don't see how Doc is more popular than regular Mario, when regular Mario is literally the face of gaming.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, in an attempt to change the subject, here's my current roster. I apologize for the format, I haven't bothered downloading the roster maker as of yet. Bold characters have been confirmed.

Veterans: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda / Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario, Ness, Lucas, Marth, Ike, Captain Falcon, Pit, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Sonic

Newcomers: Rosalina & Luma, Dixie Kong, Anna, Palutena, Villager, Andy, Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man

Thoughts?
I would love this roster. I would just suggest adding Snake back, since I personally doubt he would be leaving.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Thoughts?
I could live with this roster, it has Anna in it, so I would happily accept this roster.

D

Deleted member

Please, don't talk about Miiverse... The amount of kids that are requesting Goku and Naruto is too damn high... That community shouldn't count as a SB community...

You say that, yet I see all sorts of ridiculous statements ITT.:confused::ohwell:

D

Deleted member

I don't see why someone like Doc needs to be his own separate character again, and I don't see why him being an Alt. would be 'pretend play' when he's literally the SAME PERSON.:facepalm:
I don't see why we need Toon Link again either, but he's there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not counting the possibility of the Chrom/Lucina tag-team tandem or even a stance-change move-set (I'm simply throwing it out there for reference material), Chrom's addition wouldn't be the first time Sakurai added an unnecessary semi-clone character.
Yeah, I don't think Sakurai would make those two characters into duo. That seems rather silly and they aren't really well known as a duo or one that's usually together.

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
I would love this roster. I would just suggest adding Snake back, since I personally doubt he would be leaving.
Why, thank you. I have several problems with Snake in Smash Bros., and I understand that people don't like cuts, but ... do you really think he fits this brighter art style? He hardly fit in Brawl at all. Not to mention that Sakurai wants this game to be more family friendly ... Snake kind of conflicts with that.
I could live with this roster, it has Anna in it, so I would happily accept this roster.
Thank you, kind sir!

Now only if everyone could stop arguing about Dr. Mario and Toon Link.

Classic Ganon or YL? who is more likely and why?
Toon Link is the new Young Link, so Classic Ganon, even though I don't think he's very likely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You make the weirdest arguments boy... I swear.

First that whole "Lip is more important than Isaac" deal, now this...
Pit and Lucas were obviously more important than Issac. Pit was probably more important than Issac because he's a CLASSIC Nintendo character just like Lip is in Japan. Where as Issac is not the most iconic or classic Nintendo character outside the internet. I also recall Lip and her game getting way more love than Issac in the Smash series.

So we shouldn't want to play as Paper Mario because he's LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON?

I also don't see how Doc is more popular than regular Mario, when regular Mario is literally the face of gaming.
Who said he was more popular than regular Mario? I think someone else is making the weird arguments here, kid.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Classic Ganon or YL? who is more likely and why?
Classic Ganon because he would have an original moveset unlike Young Link alone.

Chrom and Lucina aren't a well know duo?
They are literally father and daughter, and it kinda makes sense with the support system, I don't see why they should be seperated, because Chrom alone and Lucina alone seems a bit boring.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I for one like the less-talked-about Melee clones: Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link (less so than the others, Toon Link is SO much better).
They were fun characters, and although I am not clamoring for their return, I certainly wouldn't mind. Unless it's Young Link.
You know what, just forget Young Link.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't see why we need Toon Link again either, but he's there.
Okay, Toon Link represents some of the best-selling Zelda games ever. He reps Wind Waker, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and most importantly, Wind Waker HD.

Honestly, Toon Link's many times more prominent than regular Link, who's only been in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (and even then they were different designs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom