• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So how about some more Happy Mask Salesman for the new year?

There's actually a Ravio thread and he's getting more support than the Salesman, it's a bit sad. I thought there were more Majora's Mask fans.
I get the feeling we're going to have a Zelda Shopkeep Smackdown.

Happy Mask Salesman Vs. Ravio Vs. Beedle. Of course my Rupees are on Tingle.

He sells maps, it counts.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I see what you did there....
Changing the sig into something else other than Kenith's quote about Waluigi.
Oh no, he changed it! How disappointing. Promotion via signatures is how I learned about MorbidAltruism.

Edit: Also, someone said my name without addressing me! Mission Accomplished!

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
I get the feeling we're going to have a Zelda Shopkeep Smackdown.

Happy Mask Salesman Vs. Ravio Vs. Beedle. Of course my Rupees are on Tingle.

He sells maps, it counts.
What, nobody wants to play as Rupin? XD

I think playing as a shopkeeper would be interesting. Hence my support for Anna (well, one of the reasons I support Anna).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
DK could get Dixie and K. Rool.

Zelda series is fine (Sheik included).

Mario series is now done. Kirby series is done.

Starfox could swap out Wolf for Andross, but no more than three.

Samus should get Ridley, but I do not think it will.

Wario and Yoshi series are fine. Earthbound should lose Lucas.

Pokemon should gain Mewtwo.

Shulk, Mii, Pacman, Dillon, Mach Rider, and maybe Lip for newcomers. There is your roster. Enjoy it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Shulk, Mii, Pacman, Dillon, Mach Rider, and maybe Lip for newcomers. There is your roster. Enjoy it.
Andross? Playable? What? In place of Wolf nonetheless?

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Screw IGN. Rosalina is a really good Newcomer. From what I've seen on the trailer she looks really interesting, with a good player handing the controller she will be an awesome fighter, and I hope someone uses it to screw the spammy Meta Knight players :awesome:

About Kirby, I think we definetely need a new rep. I'd say knuckle Joe, but I'm not quite sure if he could fit in..

And about Dr Mario... Keep in mind that 2014 is the Luigi Year for Nintendo, and we're going to have a Dr. Luigi for the Wii U. So.. Yeah, maybe we'll have a hilarious Dr. Luigi instead! I'd be awesome don't you think?

So... Andros... I mean, it's just impossible, and as much as He wants to destroy the Lylat System, Fox's arch enemy is and allways will be Wolf.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I'd prefer a villain for a 4th Kirby rep (No, Dedede is not a villain). Then again, it seems like all the true villains in the Kirby series are either giant monsters or irrelevant. Magolor maybe, but he redemeed himself so he wouldn't really be a villain either.

D

Deleted member

Don't like some of these ideas, I also don't like how you think series need to be represented...

DK could upgrade Diddy into Diddy & Dixie duo character. And also get K.Rool to be the more feral heavyweight like old Bowser (since new Bowser is more like Zangeif).

Mario could still get P.Mario or Jr.

Zelda series splits the princess and loses Sheik gaining Impa as a dedicated ninja.

I agree on Kirby.

Starfox is fine, and every time people say Wolf should be cut I wanna punch a baby.:mad:

Ridley would be nice.

Wario needs Ashley, cause I like Ashley. EB, I like Claus too.

Pokemon should lose the useless PT, and just keep Charizard, make it a transforming character like in the DBZ games for both Megaforms. You choose either X or Y form pre-battle, and you build a "meter" by landing hits to transform into the selected Megazard for a bit. Oh, and agree on Mewtwo. Jiggs might go though.

Shulk yes, Mii no, PacMan HELL NO, Dillon meh, Machrider I doubt, Lip lulz, add Takamaru, Palutena, and some FE char I guess, or Isaac.

Screw IGN. Rosalina is a really good Newcomer. From what I've seen on the trailer she looks really interesting, with a good player handing the controller she will be an awesome fighter, and I hope someone uses it to screw the spammy Meta Knight players :awesome:

About Kirby, I think we definetely need a new rep. I'd say knuckle Joe, but I'm not quite sure if he could fit in..

And about Dr Mario... Keep in mind that 2014 is the Luigi Year for Nintendo, and we're going to have a Dr. Luigi for the Wii U. So.. Yeah, maybe we'll have a hilarious Dr. Luigi instead! I'd be awesome don't you think?

So... Andros... I mean, it's just impossible, and as much as He wants to destroy the Lylat System, Fox's arch enemy is and allways will be Wolf.
I've come to accept Rosalina, but why do people want the Doc back?:glare: Why not make him an alt costume like in PM?:b:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Apparently if a character's entire move set is based off a theme that is already one part of another character's move set, it automatically makes them unoriginal.

D

Deleted member

Maybe we liked playing as him?
Hard concept to grasp, I know.

Project M, I will give props for making him actually feel like Dr. Mario (despite it just being that normal Mario was given some Dr. flair and mere aesthetic changes were given to the Dr. outfit), but it just isn't the same.
I'd rather see Doc come back in as a semi-clone with more taken from his home series rather than **** made up just to be like Mario (i.e. "Super Sheet").

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I've come to accept Rosalina, but why do people want the Doc back?:glare: Why not make him an alt costume like in PM?:b:
Why? Just imagine throwing pills to Ganondorf and saying: "Take your motha****in Pills Ganon!". It's so ridicolous that is awesome. That's why I love this game. But in terms of moveset and competitive, doesn't brings much, it's the same as Mario. An alt costume would be cool though.

It's been rumored that character would have different outfits instead of skins right? I don't fancy that quite much, but it'd be a cool feature nonetheless.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Project M, I will give props for making him actually feel like Dr. Mario (despite it just being that normal Mario was given some Dr. flair and mere aesthetic changes were given to the Dr. outfit), but it just isn't the same.
I'd rather see Doc come back in as a semi-clone with more taken from his home series rather than **** made up just to be like Mario (i.e. "Super Sheet").
I thought I was the only person who would rather see that.

Well I'm sure everybody else would if they had to choose anyway.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Because people love Dr. Mario and would rather play as him than pretend to play as him. A character being similar is no reason to hate somebody. If you hate Dr. Mario you might as well hate Luigi too. Dr. Mario would have had almost just as much difference in moves from Mario in Brawl as Luigi did.

I don't know about you, but people liked that game, and since then Dr. Mario has become the most popular persona of Mario. If you don't have pills and your name isn't Dr. Mario, then you're not Dr. Mario.

Plain and simple. We don't give a **** if he's technically Mario.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because people love Dr. Mario and would rather play as him than pretend to play as him. A character being similar is no reason to hate somebody. If you hate Dr. Mario you might as well hate Luigi too.

I don't know about you, but people liked that game, and since then Dr. Mario has become the most popular persona of Mario. If you don't have pills and your name isn't Dr. Mario, then you're not Dr. Mario.

Plain and simple. We don't give a **** if he's technically Mario.
I can't tell if the point is you want Dr. Mario or don't.

I think they should make Mario have Dr. Mario's physics. Mario played under-average in Melee; Dr. Mario was almost top-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom