• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm not even angry. Again, you don't seem to read my posts very well.
Don't you ever criticize my reading comprehension.

*briefly shows ignored content to see what disturbing image Noah posted*

*Sees head asplode gif*

This ain't the worst thing I've seen on these boards.
It's still really freaking gross. Especially considering how big it is in the window.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
...Why are any of those necessary?
I feel that the Kirby series could use one more representation while it's tradition to include a Star Fox character with each passing installment and of course the Random Option is the most important slot to me as I like to play a character that I wouldn't expect to start playing. The others is mainly for fanservice and each row of the roster should have an equal number of slots in my opinion.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I feel that the Kirby series could use one more representation while it's tradition to include a Star Fox character with each passing installment and of course the Random Option is the most important slot to me as I like to play a character that I wouldn't expect to start playing. The others is mainly for fanservice and each row of the roster should have an equal number of slots in my opinion.
  • Kirby Newcomer: I don't think it's hardly necessary. We're fine with the three we have in my opinion (sorry Chandelure)
  • Star Fox: Lol tradition
  • Random: Well, the random slot was fine in Brawl and all, but I don't expect to see it. It is hardly necessary at all.
  • Each row of the roster should have equal number of slots? Explain Melee.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I hope I don't get criticized for not having the random option. Doesn't it's appearance rely completely on how many characters there are to select? Also there are other ways of having the random option besides an actual icon.

D

Deleted member

Don't you ever criticize my reading comprehension.

It's still really freaking gross. Especially considering how big it is in the window.
After you see real blood n' gore, you tend to be desensitized to the cheesy crap like that image. :p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I hope I don't get criticized for not having the random option. Doesn't it's appearance rely completely on how many characters there are to select? Also there are other ways of having the random option besides an actual icon.
Maybe if I have two more characters, I can have Duck Hunt Dog and the Random button, but I really don't want to go over 50...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not really. In my roster predictions I don't include the Random button at all. I just kinda feel that Sakurai will probably include it along with the character selection profiles this time around instead of onto the roster itself.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
@legendofrob1 I don't even put alot obscure characters in my roster. I only put a few of them, and they are either retros and historical misc. characters. I know well that we won't get lots of them. :9

Why I would criticize for having no random button, were probably going to get it anyways, but that's your personal decision.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I didn't realise Roy was so popular amongst the Fire Emblem fans, honestly.
I knew Smash fans were big on him since he did help introduce us to the series in the first place.
If this is the case, IS really need to get on with that rumoured remake of Binding Blade, release it internationally...and maybe fix some of the problems with Roy whilst they're at it(That late promotion is the most glaring issue).

What alt outfits would you like for characters that AREN'T Fire Emblem related(because this topic never ends well)?
Yeah, I had a few ideas.

Confirmed/Veteran characters:
Mario:
Doctor Mario, Luigi: Mr.L, Bowser: Dry Bowser, Peach: Shadow Queen.

Ganondorf: Ocarina/Phantom Ganon, Zelda: Ocarina/Skyward Sword Zelda, Toon Link: Outset Clothes

Fox: Melee/Old School Fox, Falco: Assault Falco, Wolf: Old School Wolf,

Yoshi: Black Yoshi, King Dedede: Masked Dedede, Villager: Female Villager.

Samus: Fusion Suit Samus, ZSS: Old School Zero Suit, Pit: KI:U Multiplayer Suit, Mega Man: Helmetless Mega Man.

Not sure what Sonic would get though. Classic Sonic is too short to use.

Unconfirmed Characters:

Ridley:
Meta-Ridley or Omega Ridley

Lil Mac:
Pink Jump Suit

King K. Rool:
Kaptain K. Rool.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Doc Louis will end up being Little Mac's "Pokemon Trainer".

EDIT: I know somebody is going to a Photoshop a literal interpretation of that any minute.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I decided it's better to not include it so it doesn't hinder your options at organizing your roster. Besides, if it's going to be there, it Sakurai's job to fit it, not ours.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's my list of potential alternate costumes (some inspired by P:M):

Mario - Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong - Funky Kong
Link - Skyloft Link
Samus - Dark Samus
Kirby - Bandana Kirby
Fox - Melee Fox
Pikachu - Raichu
Yoshi - Boshi
Luigi - Poltergust Luigi
C. Falcon - Phoenix
Ness - Pajamas Ness
Jigglypuff - Wigglytuff
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - Daisy
Zelda - Skyward Sword Zelda
Sheik - Skyward Sword Impa
Ice Climbers - Retro Ice Climbers
Marth - Awakening Marth
Falco - Melee Falco
Ganondorf - Demise
Mewtwo - Armored Mewtwo
Mr.Game & Watch - Mrs.Game & Watch
Pit - Retro Pit
Meta Knight - Galacta Knight
Zero Suit Samus - Nude Samus Casual Samus
Wario - Classic Wario
Lucas - Masked Man
PKMN Trainer - Leaf
Squirtle - Wartortle
Ivysaur - Bulbasaur
Charizard - Mega Charizard X
Olimar - Louie
King Dedede - Masked Dedede
Ike - Awakening Ike
Lucario - Zoroark
R.O.B. - Virtual Boy R.O.B.
Toon Link - Outset Link
Wolf - Pirate Wolf
Sonic - S. Riders Sonic
Snake - MGS4 Snake
Wii Fit Trainer - Male WFT (Confirmed!)
Mega Man - Proto Man
Villager - Female Villager
Rosalina - Concept Art Rosalina

I'm in the process of making a roster version of this.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Scratch that: I KNOW Doc Louis is going to be supporting Little Mac in the background like Pokemon Trainer if he gets in.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Scratch that: I KNOW Doc Louis is going to be supporting Little Mac in the background like Pokemon Trainer if he gets in.
That would actually be really awesome, coming from a guy who hasn't really played Punch-Out.

I'm imagining when Little Mac and PKMN Trainer are fighting in a team battle, whenever one of them score a KO, Doc and Pokemon Trainer fist bump.

D

Deleted member

Uh, yeah, Dr. Mario needs the prefix.

What, do you just call your doctor "John"?

Swamp Castle

Smash Apprentice
Actually, there was a lot more support for a 5th Mario character than there is for a 4th Kirby character.
Maybe because Kirby got two new reps in Brawl while Mario got zilch? Not to mention all of the great Mario characters to choose from. And all the not-so-great ones. *cough*Birdo*cough*

D

Deleted member

No I call him "Mario". What are ya, daft? That's what we've been discussin'!
So, you go up to your doctor and call him "Mario".
I'm guessing that's a nickname or something? :troll: Or is his name really Mario and you're being disrespectful to your doctor? If so, better watch yourself next time you go in for a check-up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom