• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm not super familiar with Starfox in general, so help me out here. Is Falco that much more important than Wolf to Starfox that should one have to get the boot, we kick out the newer but more unique character?
from a popularity standpoint yes, falco is more important than wolf, he is also the most liked out of the star fox characters, has large importance in the series, and unlike wolf and krystal has appeard in every single game to date, so technically he is the next important character after fox

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
falco and wolf aren't going anywhere, it'll be surprising to see either get canned, more so falco then wolf seeing he was in melee

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I see zero point of having Diddy & Dixie be a tag team. It wouldn't do any justice to either character considering how distinct they are in their games.

D

Deleted member

I re-post my message from the possible costumes thread, because I would need some thoughts about it :
Final Smash Gamer said:
I was wondering, (Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiler) :
How about Lucina who could also work as an alternate costume/skin of Chrom ?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I re-post my message from the possible costumes thread, because I would need some thoughts about it :
Lucina = Chrom? Seems kinda screwed up to me... I don't like the thought of alternate costumes of different gendered characters

For Wit Fit Trainer (or Villager/Pokemon Trainer) it's different because it's an avatar or generic character, whereas Lucina, Marth and Chrom are all established characters with identities.

D

Deleted member

Lucina = Chrom? Seems kinda screwed up to me... I don't like the thought of alternate costumes of different gendered characters

For Wit Fit Trainer (or Villager/Pokemon Trainer) it's different because it's an avatar or generic character, whereas Lucina, Marth and Chrom are all established characters with identities.
I would tell it is kind of the same case as with Pit = Dark Pit.
EDIT : Also, Chrom and Lucina still share a lot of caracteristics and techniques.
Which is normal, as they are father and daughter. :p

Lucina being an alt for Chrom would be better than an alt for Marth IMO.

Anyway, I'll do a more detailed commentary about it with my newest roster's choices explanations.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Anyway, I'll do a more detailed commentary about it with my newest roster's choices explanations.
I guess, but Lucina as a costume for Chrom? They don't even have the same body shape.

I see zero point of having Diddy & Dixie be a tag team. It wouldn't do any justice to either character considering how distinct they are in their games.
Plus making Dixie Diddy's tag partner seems like a cop-out for those who wanted DKC to get new characters.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Making Luccina Chrom alt makes about as much sense as making Roy a Marth alt.

(Read: It doesn't. )

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In a perfect world, there are no such things as "alts".
That's actually a very true point, at least in this context. "Oh, I can only have three Fire Emblem characters, so Chrom will become his own daughter from the future so she can be represented in this game." Why? At least if Lucina was an alt for Marth you could give her the mask and not make a transgendered Lord.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
That's actually a very true point, at least in this context. "Oh, I can only have three Fire Emblem characters, so Chrom will become his own daughter from the future so she can be represented in this game." Why? At least if Lucina was an alt for Marth you could give her the mask and not make a transgendered Lord.
In the grand scheme of things, Alts should be the same character. Not a different one or gender. (WFT, Robin and Villager are some exceptions)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Except Pit & Dark Pit look exactly the same, sans his name. >_>
EDIT : Also, Chrom and Lucina still share a lot of caracteristics and techniques.
Which is normal, as they are father and daughter. :p

Lucina being an alt for Chrom would be better than an alt for Marth IMO.
No it wouldn't. As stated by others, they are still they're own character, plus Marth's DLC look in Awakening would make a lot more sense since he's just in Lucina's gear just without the mask.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

No it wouldn't. As stated by others, they are still they're own character, plus Marth's DLC look in Awakening would make a lot more sense since he's just in Lucina's gear just without the mask.
Speaking of DLC looks, do you think if Ike/Roy/Lyn get in the game, they'll have their DLC outfits from Awakening. I'm betting on no, because Marth doesn't and the other costumes are just the regular character class's outfits with the characters faces pasted on them.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm still not against an alt for Marth that makes him look like 'Marth'. They're different characters, sure, but it's an acceptable shout out that's still true to the actual game.

Speaking of DLC looks, do you think if Ike/Roy/Lyn get in the game, they'll have their DLC outfits from Awakening. I'm betting on no, because Marth doesn't and the other costumes are just the regular character class's outfits with the characters faces pasted on them.
Ike: I hope not. Too scrawny. Maybe as an alt costume?
Roy: I hope so. Everyone likes this look. One of the few the majority seemed to love.
Lyn: As long as they don't give her the bambi legs, the look is pretty good.

D

Deleted member

In fact, I was thinking about a Chrom & Robin slot for my newest roster, a sort of gameplay mix between PKMN Trainer, Sheilda and Rosalina, representing Awakening's most important characters and main feature (double characters battling) at the same time :

- While you're controlling Chrom, Robin follow him on the battlefield, a bit like PKMN Trainer who follows his Pokémons, but does not count as a second character ala Ice Climber.
- Some of Chrom's and Robin's attacks work with both characters.
- You could alternate between Chrom and Robin like for Zelda & Sheik.
- Chrom is more sword-oriented, while Robin is more magic-oriented.
- When Chrom is KO'd, the player lose one life, and Robin takes over without Chrom.
- Then, some of his/her attacks doesn't work as well as when he/she is accompanied by Chrom.
- The player could re-have both Chrom and Robin after he gets KO'd a second time.
- Finally, Chrom works with Female Robin, while Lucina and Male Robin could be an alt for this slot.

And that's it for my idea for Chrom & Robin slot.
EDIT : I guess it won't be approved by most of FE Thread members.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Falco can't get cut. It's like Batman without Robin, or C3PO without R2D2, Fox needs Falco, he is a Badass. I would get quite upset if Wolf gets cut or replaced. And the idea of having Krystal it's not that bad at all, she'd be a really interesting character, such the rumored Little Mac or back then when they included Mr G&W, which was a pain in the ass to fight against with, that ridicoulous and somehow awesome and effective moveset made him a fan favourite for some players. And that, definetely is what's going to happen with the Villager aswell... Oh boy, I can't wait to cut a tree and make someone fly skyhigh... :rotfl:

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
For Ike I could see them giving him either his Awakening & Radiant Dawn look (For an alternate costume).
Same for Roy and Lyn, especially if they're planning on bringing Roy back.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Ike: shouldn't change.
Roy: Of course I want that, just keep his sword like happened with Marth's new look and he's fine.
Lyn: Shouldn't change. I like more the old design.

D

Deleted member

Each of them still have their own personalities.

FalchionX7 said:
Lucina still share a lot of caracteristics with Chrom, as I've stated a few messages before.

Marth could work too, but I think Lucina could work more as Chrom's alt. By the way, both of them use the same Falchion with the same design, while Marth use a Falchion with a different design.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ike: I hope not. Too scrawny. Maybe as an alt costume?
Roy: I hope so. Everyone likes this look. One of the few the majority seemed to love.
Lyn: As long as they don't give her the bambi legs, the look is pretty good.
Ike: his PoR design was scrawny too, they beefed him up for Brawl.
Roy: I think the reception was based less on the costume and more on the fact it's freakin' Roy.
Lyn: I actually like the Bambi legs. Then again, I like ponies...

Lucina still shares a lot of characteristics with Chrom, as I've stated a few messages before.
But they are not the same character.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Still doesn't change the fact that they are the same character.

Lucina still share a lot of caracteristics with Chrom, as I've stated a few messages before.
Still doesn't change the fact they are their own character.

Marth could work too, but I think Lucina could work more as Chrom's alt. By the way, both of them use the same Falchion with the same design, while Marth use a Falchion with a different design.
Again, Marth & Lucina's design are the exact same, and Marth having a different looking Falchion isn't going to stop them from changing the sword's look.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Roy: I think the reception was based less on the costume and more on the fact it's freakin' Roy.
I didn't realise Roy was so popular amongst the Fire Emblem fans, honestly.
I knew Smash fans were big on him since he did help introduce us to the series in the first place.
If this is the case, IS really need to get on with that rumoured remake of Binding Blade, release it internationally...and maybe fix some of the problems with Roy whilst they're at it(That late promotion is the most glaring issue).

What alt outfits would you like for characters that AREN'T Fire Emblem related(because this topic never ends well)?

D

Deleted member

I don't get why people become so upset when someone like me suggests a character as an alt skin/costume for another character.

I mean, I don't see being an alt. as an insult for the character itself, but more as an option for satisfy fans most possible, instead of wasting roster' slots.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I didn't realise Roy was so popular amongst the Fire Emblem fans, honestly.

What alt outfits would you like for characters that AREN'T Fire Emblem related(because this topic never ends well)?
Doctor Mario, Mr. L, Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser, Galacta Knight, Dark Matter Dedede, Young Link, Assault Fox, Diddy with shades, Party Hat Pikachu, Ice Climbers in Biker Gear, Meta Ridley, False Palutena, ROB with an N64 base and a Gamecube Head, the Usual.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ike's DLC design isn't actually that terrible, at least from the perspective of the outfit. It's mostly the pose he makes and the perspective the artist chose that makes it look weird.

If you want a really bad DLC design, look no further tha Micaiah's. >_<

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't get why people become so upset when someone like me suggests a character as an alt skin/costume for another character.

I mean, I don't see being an alt. as an insult for the character itself, but more as an option for satisfy fans most possible, instead of wasting roster' slots.
I think it's mostly because we could get some truly weird results with the announcer(not even mentioning the animations, and hitbox issues with certain individuals);

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: PIKACHU!"
Whilst playing as Pichu. Or Raichu.

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: MARTH!"
Whilst playing as Roy.

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: IKE!"
Whilst playing as Chrom.

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: YOSHI!"
Whilst playing as Birdo.

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: CHARIZARD!"
Whilst playing as Ridley.

"THIS GAME'S WINNER: SQUIRTLE!"
Whilst playing as Koopa Troopa. Or worse; Bowser Jr.

Etc.

Also it can be seen as an insult as in the character you want? Not good enough for playable. Your character? Only on par with Daisy; basically a colour swap for a better character.

I think that's the main reason people get uppity.

Doctor Mario, Mr. L, Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser, Galacta Knight, Dark Matter Dedede, Young Link, Assault Fox, Diddy with shades, Party Hat Pikachu, Ice Climbers in Biker Gear, Meta Ridley, False Palutena, ROB with an N64 base and a Gamecube Head, the Usual.
Nice choices. They seem fairly reasonable and nor...

ROB with an N64 base and a Gamecube Head
...mal.

SOMEONE DRAW THIS QUICKLY.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, so I decided to just update my roster. I barely changed anything, so I realized I have nothing new to add. My opinions will stay the same until the next character announcements. I have barely any new changes, so I made my absolute final roster which I will just update whenever characters are revealed. No more changes unless absolutely necessary:

FINAL ROSTER FINAL.png

Cuts are plausible and likely. But I decided on no cuts for two reasons:
  • It's difficult to decide who. Everyone on Brawl's roster made perfect sense, deserved to be on there, and were all very good fighters who really deserve their place. It'd be difficult to decide who would have more priority over who. Which leads me to my next point...
  • They all deserve to be on the roster. As what I said, they are all very unique. They can all get on the roster because they really really deserve it. There's nothing more to say. Brawl's roster was perfect, it really only needed Mewtwo to be perfect.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ike's DLC design isn't actually that terrible, at least from the perspective of the outfit. It's mostly the pose he makes and the perspective the artist chose that makesit look weird.

If you want a really bad DLC design, look no further tha Micaiah's. >_<
This. It's literally Tharja with Micaiah's face. Micaiah goes from cute to disturbingly sexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom