• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Apparently Triple Deluxe is released on the 11th, which is a Saturday.

So the day before it might not be that far fetched.
Oh that makes sense. Should a figured.

Also what if that leak is true but there's a Dr Mario stage instead? Lol

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, it sounds too safe to be true. People'll start believing it for a bit if Dedede gets revealed and that's probably all the guy wants. Once people start believing him, he'll release some "new information" that's more controversial and which'll get people talking. They seem like they're just wanting to start something, honestly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, it sounds too safe to be true. People'll start believing it for a bit if Dedede gets revealed and that's probably all the guy wants. Once people start believing him, he'll release some "new information" that's more controversial and which'll get people talking. They seem like they're just wanting to start something, honestly.
From what I gather, it looks fake, although the person did their research, unlike most rumors on the rumor thread.

I do agree with you; it's too vague, and it only really has that one kicker (the Dr. Mario part).

That kicker isn't even a definitive kicker.

When the Brawl rumor came through, we got the Pokémon news first.

It had few pieces of bullcrap news:
-Pichu is gone. Most everyone in the know figured as much.
-Jigglypuff was returning. Almost everyone figured as much.

Then we got an interesting but predictable tidbit:
-Lucario is going to be playable

Then we got a juicy detail that really people couldn't get over:
-Mewtwo wasn't playable.

That was really how you do a reveal. That was mind blowing back then. I still can't believe we learned that like 3 or 4 months before the release of the game (in Japan).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, the rumor is playing it too safe. Based on what has happened, guessing King Dedede and Diddy Kong on those dates hardly makes him a prophet and there's not much else that can sell him that's unique on its own. At this point, it's best to wait until we get the more specific details answered for in the reveals like the stages or Dr. Mario.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Having re-read through every message since my "Toad is everyone" roster;

-The mentioning of big breasted anime girls merely existing is apparently more terrible an act than depicting said big breasted anime girls, having them as avatars, including them in your roster or posting .gifs of them.

-That rumour seems too safe. If we see the orange grenades I'll change my tune since that seems like the only tricky thing to call.

-Stork is suddenly popping up everywhere as the new obscure of choice. Sorry Viridi, you'll have to wait a bit longer.

-This actually looks awesome:
View attachment 5706
"Duke it out with all of your favorite Nintendo characters generic enemies! Enjoy crazy battles with exciting third party characters enemies like Slime, Space Invader, and more! This is Super Smash Foes MELEEEEEEEEEEE Rumble!"
so seeing how the topic is now pokemon i got a question, what do you think are newcomer pokemon actally have a chance (mewtwo excluded) the only one i can think of is zoroarck
Zoroark I guess. Although I don't personally see the point of it. No one's going to care about it soon and it's illusion ability still seems either totally pointless(Zoroark turns into opponent, none of it's attacks do, useless in 1 vs. 1) or broken (illusion attacks; make it hard to dodge accurately, attacks that hit could be disguised as nothing, etc). I actually can't see it working right either way right now. I'd still pick it over Genesect though.

A newcomer who isn't a flash in the pan? Only Blaziken(5th gen mega form, 1st event Pokemon, very popular 3rd gen) or Meowth(Because of reoccurring role in the anime) have a snowballs chance in hell. I'd be satisfied with either of those two.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Having re-read through every message since my "Toad is everyone" roster;. . .
that toad roster you made is still literally the second best roster I've seen, not kidding.

also guys, new avatar, spent above an half-hour on it, opinions?
and to start a new topic: what would you guys do if there wasn't a kid Icarus newcomer, but instead only got pit

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
that toad roster you made is still literally the second best roster I've seen, not kidding.

also guys, new avatar, spent above an half-hour on it, opinions?
and to start a new topic: what would you guys do if there wasn't a kid Icarus newcomer, but instead only got pit
(Was the first the Bandanna Dee one?)

I like the new look, preferring it slightly to the last one although seeing little wolf only on the photo is something that may take getting used to. Your avatar getting more and more customised is actually a nice idea. Maybe in a few more alterations time you should showcase all your past avatars; "The Evolution of lonekonwolf".

No KI newcomer and just Pit? Absolutely fine with it.
A few more KI games and I'd probably complain that KI isn't getting proper representation. Yes, I'm one of THOSE speculators (But so is everyone here judging by the DK rep support squadron and the "Metroid needs Ridley" camp).

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
So, talking about Zelda characters... How many we will have at the end? Having toon Link confirmed, do you think we'll have Ganondorf again? And if so, will he be a Captain Falcon "clone" AGAIN? What do you think about it?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Was the first the Bandanna Dee one?)
nope this one :awesome:

I like the new look, preferring it slightly to the last one although seeing little wolf only on the photo is something that may take getting used to. Your avatar getting more and more customised is actually a nice idea. Maybe in a few more alterations time you should showcase all your past avatars; "The Evolution of lonekonwolf".
cool thanks, and I had to adjust the wolf, I couldn't get him to fit in right so I had to downsize him into a picture, yep, and I should probably do that, heck I already got 7 under my belt:awesome:
No KI newcomer and just Pit? Absolutely fine with it.
A few more KI games and I'd probably complain that KI isn't getting proper representation. Yes, I'm one of THOSE speculators (But so is everyone here judging by the DK rep support squadron and the "Metroid needs Ridley" camp).
I can understand, me I would like one, just I can't garentee one
Edit: HOLY S*** 28 guests viewing this thread!

JPW

Smash Ace
Mario has 5 reps now. Pokemon could have 5 reps, depending on how Lucario goes down, he could be cut for Mewtwo or they could keep him and add someone like Mewtwo or another for a 5th rep.

I think it's only fair Zelda gets a 5th rep. Like i said in that past though i'm having nightmares of it being Tingle. Though the only other one i see popping in is someone like Ghirahaim. You could do dual swords and such, it could be fun. Though he has a good chance of an assist considering his real role in SS.

I'm expecting Gannondorf to return. They need the 3. And even though they haven't touched Gannondorf in a while he is still very important to the Zelda franchise.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So.... we got this new rumor...
Only bringing this up for two reasons.

1. It's the shortest deadline to date. Quite literally next week.
2. It's all actually plausible...

What do you guys think?
I'd like it to be true.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
yes, because i'm hopeing for that i'm misunderstanding your post
*sigh*

I don't see why this would be surprising to you. This wouldn't be the first time I've jokingly shipped two of my fellow SmashBoarders (?) who have a beef with each other.

Edit: If Luma or Bidoof do consider it offensive in any way, then I apologize.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So, talking about Zelda characters... How many we will have at the end? Having toon Link confirmed, do you think we'll have Ganondorf again? And if so, will he be a Captain Falcon "clone" AGAIN? What do you think about it?
5: Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Shiek and Ganondorf.

There is always the possibility of a 6th character or 7th if Sakurai decides to go with Toon Zelda and Tetra, but 5 at the bare minimum.

Ganondorf may be ever so slightly Luigified this time round, but I'm not expecting anything drastic, maybe he just punches the ground after doing the Warlock punch mid air for example. Not expecting his magical projectiles or any swordsplay from him anyway.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
5: Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Shiek and Ganondorf.

There is always the possibility of a 6th character or 7th if Sakurai decides to go with Toon Zelda and Tetra, but 5 at the bare minimum.

Ganondorf may be ever so slightly Luigified this time round, but I'm not expecting anything drastic, maybe he just punches the ground after doing the Warlock punch mid air for example. Not expecting his magical projectiles or any swordsplay from him anyway.
But... Toon Zelda would be almost the same as Zelda, the only interesting thing would be if she would be playable as Tetra... Uhm.. We'll see.

Also, I don't understan why everyone is getting rid of Wolf on their rosters. It was a nice character, his low paced moveset was more interesting than Fox's sometimes, and if everyone is assuming that we're going to have ganondorf, why we wouldn't have wolf?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
well I couldn't sleep at all last night <_> still too tired even now nya. . .
Going to sleep? Okay then, I'll help you out. By counting sheep you can get to sleep faster.
View attachment 5714
Jump through the hoop so that LumaOkami can count you, dang it!
stupid sheep!, its all your fault I couldn't get any sleep, can't even jump through a ring of fire...stupid sheep...

LumaOkamixMegaBidoof OTP

(:troll:)

good one
*sigh*

I don't see why this would be surprising to you. This wouldn't be the first time I've jokingly shipped two of my fellow SmashBoarders (?) who have a beef with each other.
Edit: If Luma or Bidoof do consider it offensive in any way, then I apologize.
ah, he's just probably overprotective, he's always been a serious one:p
But... Toon Zelda would be almost the same as Zelda, the only interesting thing would be if she would be playable as Tetra... Uhm.. We'll see.
one reason why i'm hopeing for no toon Zelda or toon seike, only tetra in my book:awesome:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Also, I don't understan why everyone is getting rid of Wolf on their rosters. It was a nice character, his low paced moveset was more interesting than Fox's sometimes, and if everyone is assuming that we're going to have ganondorf, why we wouldn't have wolf?
Oh I totally agree; Toon Zelda would obviously be a lame(or perhaps superior) clone. Tetra would be the part that was new and exciting. Maybe. But that's about the only way I see us getting seven Zelda characters; if one newcomer is an easy clone adaption.

I'm not sure why people are getting rid of Wolf either, but Ganondorf is basically the defacto villain of the series. Yes, you can have a Zelda game without him, but when you think "Zelda villain" chances are you're going to think of Ganondorf or Ganon first.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
toon Zelda would just be terrible, who would want a clone of Zelda? just sounds bad when you say it, now tetra makes me curious what she can do ^_^

as for wolf I have no idea, you guys should probably ask lonekonwolf, he probably knows everything about the character ^_^

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Lacks Ghiraham and pra mai. 0/10 :troll:
You realize that pra_mai roughly translates to plastic, right? So, just go buy an action figure, you got yourself a pra_mai.

long post:

diddy Dixie duo:
dark samus:
Chrom:
Rayman:
Very bad, very bad indeed. . .
I'M NOT HERE TO PLEASE YOU, NOOB!
Oh, double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
mainly its because of two reasons, one is because of wolf being apparently a "clone" and want to dispatch him immediately for a more uniquer character, the second reason is because of for the fact there are 3 star fox characters, many think that is overkill and want to remove the most recent incarnation (wolf) there is a third reason but i don't want to talk about that one . . .
I see no reason to cut Wolf. (Unless you're trolling :troll:)
why is it that every time i read this, I'm reminded with katt's roster that one time

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
mainly its because of two reasons, one is because of wolf being apparently a "clone" and want to dispatch him immediately for a more uniquer character, the second reason is because of for the fact there are 3 star fox characters, many think that is overkill and want to remove the most recent incarnation (wolf) there is a third reason but i don't want to talk about that one . . .
I know the other reason.

Krystal_Assault_Screen_1.jpg

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm not super familiar with Starfox in general, so help me out here. Is Falco that much more important than Wolf to Starfox that should one have to get the boot, we kick out the newer but more unique character?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Back to the fiery pits of rule 64 with it!
*R34 is the rule you're thinking of. R63 is the gender-bending one.

64 isn't a rule.

I'm not super familiar with Starfox in general, so help me out here. Is Falco that much more important than Wolf to Starfox that should one have to get the boot, we kick out the newer but more unique character?
I think they're obligated to keep Falco now that he's been in two games. It has nothing to do with Wolf himself, just the slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom