• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
51 is still a large amount of characters (50+ganondorf) but you hit all the dead spots
i approve . . . if i was at my computer instead of my phone :urg:
It was in honor of the event 51 event in melee. Otherwise cut mii out and we have 50.

Its not a realistic roster though, just something i'd like to see.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I agree that Tingle is by far the most deserving Zelda newcomer (even more than Toon Link in my opinion), but like you said: his over-exaggerated hatred in North America (which is stupid) will most likely keep him out of the game, despite his overwhelming qualifications. I'd say Tetra and Impa would still be the most likely choices.

If anything, it should be anyone from Toon Zelda/Tetra, Impa, Vaati, or Ghirahim. Tingle doesn't deserve to be a fighter imo

D

Deleted member

You make a laughing gif as if to state something is wrong, then only claim the opposite as an opinion.

You're doing it wrong.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
so seeing how the topic is now pokemon i got a question, what do you think are newcomer pokemon actally have a chance (mewtwo excluded) the only one i can think of is zoroarck
Blaziken. One of the more relevant Pokemon in advertisements for gen 5, and one that will be fresh in peoples' minds after the torchic event.

If anything, it should be anyone from Toon Zelda/Tetra, Impa, Vaati, or Ghirahim. Tingle doesn't deserve to be a fighter imo
Why not? Give a reason at least.

D

Deleted member

Never did get why people want the giant eyeball pufferfish thing/think it is a big deal.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you mean victini?

If so dunno, I think he was an exclusive mytersy gift to promote black and white.
How the flying **** did you get Victini out of flying eyeball pufferfish?

D

Deleted member

Mainly cause we want the badass purple elf guy for the most part.
You mean the weaker form of his you don't fight?
Or Vaati Reborn?

Either way, never saw the appeal.

EDIT: Now, you want a badass purple elf guy......waa......

Or Hades. Pretend he's an elf. :troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well its vatti or no one for a zelda newcomer, ghirahim is a one time character. Tingle is meh and Impa isn't really a newcomer if she's like shiek.

So yeah its vatti. Too bad we'll probably not get a zelda newcomer.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Oh hey new people who haven't seen my roster!look at this please. This is the last time for today for this roster.

Here's the updated roster. the ones on the right are ones I wanted to add but I limited myself. as you can see, I moved Kamek to this section. even though he's more likely than Stork. I don't know why I did that, just deal with it.

D

Deleted member

Vaati ain't happening.

By default, that means no one.
...except that Tingle being "meh" isn't good reasoning.
So really, it's Tingle, some form of Toon Zelda, Impa (without taking out Sheik), or bust.

EDIT: Or, **** all of that and add what all true warriors strive for:

(Not official design, but fricking badass)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I remember when everyone agreed that a Mario newcomer wouldn't be happening because there was no character that stood out. Then Rosalina happened. ^_^

Ah... Well, Golden pretty much beat me to it.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I would say theres no need for one but there wasn't really a need for a 5th Mario character either. But yea swamp pretty much summed it up...theres no "clear" choice

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
aww... why not? Mario got one!
Most choices aren't exactly.... spectacular. Mario still has some cool unique characters to choose from.

Tingle would strike me as a balloon fighter, only weirder. I don't think ghirahim's one time appearance isn't warrant him even tho he's fabulous, and well Impa is Impa.

And was I the only one who thought Rosalina WOULDN'T be a peach clone? With her galaxy magic and stuff? I didn't expect the luma, but I Imagined her using some sort of galatical magic. (yes I know "galatical" isn't a word bear with me)

The King of hyrule would be cool, I approve. If only he was popular and not some sort of meme joke.

I forgot about Toon Zelda.....since she was considered before in brawl, I think that she would be the zelda newcomer if there is one, thanks golden for reminding me.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I got a Shiny Combee once, which I evolved into Vespiquen. I also got a Shiny Magicarp through a trade (Said guy wanted a Quilava and since I had a spare one around I was like, why not?). I'm still debating wether or not to evolve it into a Gyarados or else it would pretty much be like any other red Gyarados everyone got from the gen two games...
Blaziken for the most part

Why not? Give a reason at least.
While Tingle's only purpose is considered a WTF character at least, there are far more better characters to use than Tingle. Not to mention, having Vaati would give T. Link a villain (not to mention a Toon rep instead of just one person). Plus, Vaati can also represent the handheld series as he's yet to make an actual appearance in a game (unless he made a trophy in Brawl which I can't remember).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I remember when everyone agreed that a Mario newcomer wouldn't be happening because there was no character that stood out. Then Rosalina happened. ^_^

Ah... Well, Golden pretty much beat me to it.
I had gut feeling from the beginning that we were gonna get a fifth Mario character, and I ended up choosing Jr. Now that we have Rosalina, I'm praying Jr makes it in at least boss/AT

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
While Tingle's only purpose is considered a WTF character at least, there are far more better characters to use than Tingle. Not to mention, having Vaati would give T. Link a villain (not to mention a Toon rep instead of just one person). Plus, Vaati can also represent the handheld series as he's yet to make an actual appearance in a game (unless he made a trophy in Brawl which I can't remember).
Tingle's ONLY purpose is as a WTF character? This is news to me. I don't see what's so WTF about him. His moveset would be wild, but he's still an important, popular, and recurring character. That hardly defines "WTF".

Having Vaati for the soul purpose of giving Toon Link a villain is a bad idea, especially when there are series that lack a villain representative altogether. Also, define "better", and explain why Vaati fits this category.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I'd so much rather see the captain get a buddy so hes not flying solo anymore (goroh plz)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Vaati ain't happening.

By default, that means no one.
...except that Tingle being "meh" isn't good reasoning.
So really, it's Tingle, some form of Toon Zelda, Impa (without taking out Sheik), or bust.

EDIT: Or, **** all of that and add what all true warriors strive for:
All of the above are going to get run over by the Groose Caboose!

D

Deleted member

Girahiam stands out. He's probably going to be the one that makes it, but until then I'm blindly for tetra.
With Phantom Zelda being out of the picture, Tetra seems plenty reasonable to me.

Just leave out her "Zelda" form.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That's really not the only thing he has. He is recurring to the series, popular (even if he's more infamous than anything else over here), he has his own spin-off series in Japan, his inclusion would shock pretty much everyone (and would lead to some great publicity for Smash), and he has tons more moveset potential than people seem to be insinuating. He's honestly a really good choice. People just don't want him in the game, so they underestimate his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom