• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Reposting this just to get a bit for feedback since we're on a new page.

Here's my roster that I made specifically to go slightly against the norm.

And I'm sorry, but I spent hours on this pathetic avatar. I'm not changing it.
That avatar is beautiful.
*BIAS REMOVAL*
Ok, I already see some cuts. Snake, Ike? Meh. I'm no fan of cuts at all, sorry. Your newcomers are interesting though.
8/10

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
View attachment 5706
"Duke it out with all of your favorite Nintendo characters generic enemies! Enjoy crazy battles with exciting third party characters enemies like Slime, Space Invader, and more! This is Super Smash Foes MELEEEEEEEEEEE Rumble!"
oh my god.....

IT HAS BIDOOF!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This actually doesn't seem like a bad idea for a game.
Someone should go pitch this to Nintendo as an EShop title.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That avatar is beautiful.
*BIAS REMOVAL*
Ok, I already see some cuts. Snake, Ike? Meh. I'm no fan of cuts at all, sorry. Your newcomers are interesting though.
8/10
I know. It's a masterpiece.

I had a couple cuts just so I could keep the roster at 50 characters while still having interesting new characters. I still get not liking cuts, though.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
This actually doesn't seem like a bad idea for a game.
Someone should go pitch this to Nintendo as an EShop title.
Yeah. As I made the roster, I realized how fun it would actually be. :bee:
would main starman. hells yes
I was going to add Pigmask too, but I couldn't find an icon. :(

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
PAC did his again, why not?

Here's the updated roster. the ones on the right are ones I wanted to add but I limited myself. as you can see, I moved Kamek to this section. even though he's more likely than Stork. I don't know why I did that, just deal with it.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I heard someone say Zelda, so I'm gonna go off that. I think if we do get a new rep, it would be Tingle. The only thing really against Tingle is his over-exaggerated hatred in North America. He easily has the most unique abilities out of those currently in the running, and has left his mark with his map deciphering and spin-off games.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Reposting this just to get a bit for feedback since we're on a new page.

Here's my roster that I made specifically to go slightly against the norm.

Explainations:

50 characters, including transformations.
No Dixie Kong because of Sakurai looking for uniqueness this time around.
The Stork may be replaced with Kamek, but I, too support the idea. It's a character that's appeared in every Yoshi game to date (I believe) and it's the perfect way to represent the babies without changing up Yoshi's moveset.
Impa because of recent things with Zelda, seperating Sheilda due to need to make roster appear larger and more impressive. Still may be switched to Sheilda if you prefer.
Takamaru because retro.
Ridley Because Ridley.
Palutena because she's a unique female character that Sakurai understand the potential of.
Little Mac because Little Pac-Mii
Charizard over Pokemon Trainer to decrease roster size while still keeping masses fairly happy.
Ike cut due to possibility of IS wanting not to include a character which they are no longer focusing on (and because it's a roster going against the norm) This is the choice that I'm least sure of here.
Robin due to uniqueness over other potential FE characters and possibility of being default female.
Mii because Little Pac-Mii
Daitoryo due to need for historical character and personal preference.
Pac-Man due to Little Pac-Mii and personal preference.

And I'm sorry, but I spent hours on this pathetic avatar. I'm not changing it.
i love it
10000/10
the roster and avatar

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Why do people always say that about Yoshi characters that aren't Yoshi?
Probably because of the association of Yoshi being a Mario A-lister. Same thing happens to Wario, despite his sub-series arguably being as fleshed out and well known as Donkey Kong. Truth be told, if Smash didn't acknowledge either of them as their own series, no one would so much as bat an eye. I'm grateful for any Yoshi representation, even though I'd absolutely flip out for another Yoshi rep. coughKamekcough

Also, not that I favor or even tolerate him, but in Bidoof's defense, she has a lot to learn about being a female on Smashboards. It is, unfortunately, not for the faint of heart.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Also regarding the Zelda series....personally I don't find there to be any worthwhile additions to the brawl roster. sorry guys =/
btw as much as I love beating the ever living crap out of everything with a waddle dee in almost any Kirby game I feel that Bandana Dee might end up as an assist this time around...call it a gut feeling I guess

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
btw as much as I love beating the ever living crap out of everything with a waddle dee in almost any Kirby game I feel that Bandana Dee might end up as an assist this time around...call it a gut feeling I guess
I think that the assist trophies will likely be stuff like Knuckle Joe or Blade Knight. If Bandana Dee gets the axe, it's likely by DIRECTLY being in Dedede's Moveset.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I should of waited the 10ish posts just so I cold have my roster on the beginning of a new page

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I heard someone say Zelda, so I'm gonna go off that. I think if we do get a new rep, it would be Tingle. The only thing really against Tingle is his over-exaggerated hatred in North America. He easily has the most unique abilities out of those currently in the running, and has left his mark with his map deciphering and spin-off games.
I agree that Tingle is by far the most deserving Zelda newcomer (even more than Toon Link in my opinion), but like you said: his over-exaggerated hatred in North America (which is stupid) will most likely keep him out of the game, despite his overwhelming qualifications. I'd say Tetra and Impa would still be the most likely choices.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I should of waited the 10ish posts just so I cold have my roster on the beginning of a new page
I waited for an hour last night to get a roster posted so it wasn't stuck at the bottom of the page. It happens.

I agree that Tingle is by far the most deserving Zelda newcomer (even more than Toon Link in my opinion), but like you said: his over-exaggerated hatred in North America (which is stupid) will most likely keep him out of the game, despite his overwhelming qualifications. I'd say Tetra and Impa would still be the most likely choices.
The hatebase actually increases his presence. Hate or not, he's much more known by it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Love your avatar.

Oh and I also agree.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Thanks!

Fun fact: Umbreon was actually my first shiny Pokemon (other than Gyrados). Which is why it's my avatar :). Also, shiny Umbreons are only the coolest looking thing ever.
That's awesome!

Mine was just a lame wingull. And I didn't even catch it.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Umbreon is also my favorite eveelution! and after playing X Sylvion is my 2nd....dat modest nature special attack stat<3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I got a Shiny Combee once, which I evolved into Vespiquen. I also got a Shiny Magicarp through a trade (Said guy wanted a Quilava and since I had a spare one around I was like, why not?). I'm still debating wether or not to evolve it into a Gyarados or else it would pretty much be like any other red Gyarados everyone got from the gen two games...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so seeing how the topic is now pokemon i got a question, what do you think are newcomer pokemon actally have a chance (mewtwo excluded) the only one i can think of is zoroarck

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I wish this would happen, it would appease most people. But were likely gonna get 45. I don't think 45 is enough though, I think that 5 more or even better 51 total would be a cool thing for sakurai to do.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
so seeing how the topic is now pokemon i got a question, what do you think are newcomer pokemon actally have a chance (mewtwo excluded) the only one i can think of is zoroarck
Zoroark and Genesect are the only other realistic ones I could see happening to be honest. Mega Mewtwo Y (and X?) if it would be more like a transformation like Zelda/Sheik or Samus/Zero Suit Samus instead of a generic Final Smash..

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I'd have to say Zoroark too. I would mind him/her either I loved that thing like it was my own in my first playthrough of black

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I disagree. One continent not liking the character is not fair to the others. If Tingle's deserving, he'll get in, and North Americans that actually don't like him can suck it up and forget about within a week. A stereotype is a stupid reason to hold a character back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom