• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I am still in the past. Anything new? Any flying cars or talking animals?
Yes. We had both. Had. The talking animals crashed into the flying cars. Let's just say it didn't end well. Fur and metal everywhere....

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Time to ruin Ridley's 2014.

In Metroid Other M, the Pyrosphere, also known as Sector 3 in the Bottleship, is where Samus fights the re-born Ridley. In the end of their fight, Ridley flies through the wall, bashing a hole into it.

The same hole her long time rival is said to fly out of.

Don't get me wrong, I love Metroid; I've played all of the games.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Thank You!

Anyone want to talk about F-Zero? I really want to know if anyone wants another character. Not expect, genuinely want to see another fighter along with Captain Falcon.
First time posting in this segment, but I just honestly doubt we'll ever see another F-ZERO playable character in Smash, I couldn't help but wonder who'd Nintendo consider.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I consider Ridley basically confirmed as a stage hazard at this point.

Seriously, if you all liked Nintendog as much as Ridley, everyone would be insisting the french bulldog trophy didn't disconfirm labrador retriever and bashing naysayers.
Apparently you weren't here for the Ness "until now" situation, but you assume everything Sakurai says literally has to mean something.

You know, like how he said the Villager isn't a fighter=??? :rolleyes:

The fact you say otherwise really shows how ignorant to the truth and the difference of them are.

Seriously, one is confirmed for something, one isn't. In psychology this is logic that almost all humans understand by the age of 8 or 9.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
First time posting in this segment, but I just honestly doubt we'll ever see another F-ZERO playable character in Smash, I couldn't help but wonder who'd Nintendo consider.
Either Black Shadow (if they redo Ganondorf, which I doubt), or Samurai Goroh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

:troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Make it four people.
Seriously, I think this whole forum needs more Gifs + Images of Athena and Naoto. :bluejump: And I did Like your Roster.

"...FIVE!"
I would say six but that's not a Spongebob reference.
Oh, and:
"Muh muh, misappear?"
...And I make TEN... er... I think.

You're all too kind... But I'd appreciate comments on it too...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meh, even though Meowth is an important Pokemon in the franchise, I don't think he brings anything real new besides scratching and money coming out, which is not that impressive IMO.
Gameplay wise Meowth is about as bad a pick as you can get. He literally has no moves or potential compared to our other top potential candidates gameplay-wise.
I know we have gone off onto irrelevant topics before, but speculating SSB5? Come the **** on.
Either Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS is Smash 5 technically, so it isn't that far fetched.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
would be a clone of fox
Yup.

Either Black Shadow (if they redo Ganondorf, which I doubt), or Samurai Goroh.
If I had to choose between those two I'd definitely say Samurai Goroh, I mean he does have a sword, so it's very possible that he could make for a pretty good/interesting fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Eh, I saw it, I just didn't comment. I know that's probably the hole Ridley made.

Do I think that affects Ridley's chances? Nah.
But who else is a long time rival of Samus that could fly right out of the hole Ridley made? Again I played all of the games, I can't think of any.

Don't think I don't support Ridley though, I just like him as a boss more.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo doesn't choose the characters, Sakurai and Namco Bandai does.

The only thing Nintendo does for Smash for the Wii U and 3DS is deal with the legal copyright for stuff, fund the development of these 2 games, and make most of the profit of these 2 games.
Appearing any second can refer to his eventual reveal.
It could happen whenever.
4 months later... :rolleyes:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You are in fact implying that because I compared the LEVEL of stubbornness to Toad Supporters that I am in fact comparing what they supported and not how ridiculously they convince their selves that whatever they supported might not be happening.

Nope. Not what I said at all.

You don't seem to know the difference between definitive and likely as you clearly talk like it's the same thing. It's likely because when Sakurai showed off the stage, his first comment was that an enemy from Samus's past (none other than Ridley) will appear at any moment. So it's likely that because he made that comment on the STAGE, he was implying Ridley might appear in the stage at any moment when you play it.

@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero , @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones : Saying Sakurai would reveal him sooner than this is implying that he's consistent or doesn't do things the way he wants. This is implying every single little thing that Sakurai does has to follow a strict pattern.

Remember when Sakurai revealed veterans on significant dates and then DIDN'T reveal veterans on significant dates? Remember when Sakurai stated when a character is an Assist Trophy and then DIDN'T when Starfy and Phantom Zelda were revealed?

Not everything he does is as organized as you guys think it is.
Lol. No.

Do you know something about Sakurai that we don't Saturn? That's certainly what it's starting to sound like.

I do not deny the possibilities of Ridley. Only a fool would. But as I have said, there is no definitive answer at the moment. Even though Sakurai was referring to Ridley, there is simply no proof of anything yet.

If you think he isn't going to be playable, that's fine. But don't make it seem like the stuff we have been presented says more than it does. Because again, there is no definitive direction, or information present that makes one thing more likely than another.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Nintendo doesn't choose the characters, Sakurai and Namco Bandai does.

The only thing Nintendo does for Smash for the Wii U and 3DS is deal with the legal copyright for stuff, fund the development of these 2 games, and make most of the profit of these 2 games.
Fair enough, guess I was going out on a limb, and on a side note:
->I don't mean to be hateful on the little yellow guy, but I'm kinda hoping Pacman doesn't squeeze himself into this game as a character. I really don't have anything against him...I just can't see him being much of a brawler.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, I don't know about you, but 20 characters confirmations is more than I expected.

Let's hope 2014 gives us 20 more character confirmations, and we get a delay to 2015 so the Smash development crew adds more characters, stages, items, game modes, game content, extras, and above all patches and fixes before release! :grin:
And on topic of shoo-ins....
Sakurai has mentioned multiple obvious veterans in interviews and videos.

Examples: Zelda, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, etc.
Well he ought to just confirm them now! :p

Also, his picture he posted on his Twitter (if I remember correctly) also had Meta Knight, King Dedede, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wario on it.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
By the way, don't ever go to ssb4.wikia.com. The articles and character suggestions they have will make you cry and scream over the ignorance of mankind. I see a fake article about Hades being a boss, with text from a conversation from Link, Pit, and Ike as to why he's in. And the fact that King Pig from Angry birds will be a boss. It's so far from what a wiki should be it makes me cry.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash Wiki, master race!!!!

Also, it isn't Smash Four, it's Smash For (the Wii U and 3DS). :troll:
Eh, I saw it, I just didn't comment. I know that's probably the hole Ridley made.

Do I think that affects Ridley's chances? Nah.
Samus caused Brinstar to explode.

Didn't mean she couldn't be in the escape from Brinstar in Melee's Adventure Mode.
I thought it was just Sakurai who chooses them?
Game Arts helped Sakurai choose some of the roster, although Sakurai overruled them on a lot of things later because he didn't trust them (Nintendo basically chose them as a developer instead of HAL Laboratories for Sakurai).

This time Sakurai personally helped choose Namco Bandai (mostly the Soul Calibur crew but some of the Tekken crew) to be the (primary) developer, with the agreement that they are in control of even more things than any developer has been, sans maybe HAL Laboratories in Melee.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Guys, I don't know about you, but 20 characters confirmations is more than I expected.

Let's hope 2014 gives us 20 more character confirmations, and we get a delay to 2015 so the Smash development crew adds more characters, stages, items, game modes, game content, extras, and above all patches and fixes before release! :grin:

Well he ought to just confirm them now! :p

Also, his picture he posted on his Twitter (if I remember correctly) also had Meta Knight, King Dedede, Yoshi, Mr. Game & Watch, and Wario on it.
In Famitsu Sakurai said in his weekly column that his resolution is to complete and release SSB4 sometime in 2014.

Don't dare wish for 2015.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
But who else is a long time rival of Samus that could fly right out of the hole Ridley made? Again I played all of the games, I can't think of any.

Don't think I don't support Ridley though, I just like him as a boss more.
How do we know that anything will be coming out of the hole? They could very well be aesthetic. The original quote from Sakurai implies that Ridley will appear in game, but it does not tell us how. It may be as a stage hazard, it may be as a playable character, it may be as an assist trophy, it may be as a boss. The fact of the matter is that we don't know. And, with us having been shown so many pictures of the Pyrosphere without Ridley, I am inclined to believe that he is not in the stage hazard role this time around.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
By the way, don't ever go to ssb4.wikia.com. The articles and character suggestions they have will make you cry and scream over the ignorance of mankind. I see a fake article about Hades being a boss, with text from a conversation from Link, Pit, and Ike as to why he's in. And the fact that King Pig from Angry birds will be a boss. It's so far from what a wiki should be it makes me cry.
It led me to this...
http://ssb4.wikia.com/wiki/MarioMario54321
A youtuber in Smash Bros?! What?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom