• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think there is a LOT of Ridley denial. Like more than Toad. Not saying it's denial to think he'll be in the game. But, for such terrible and invalid reasons to dismiss the evidence suggesting otherwise.
Oh yeah.
Ridley is about 1/2 as likely as most people around here think he is.
I'm just curious why Sakurai has held out for so long if Ridley is indeed a stage hazard.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

Okay I am under the serious impression that nobody likes me or my roster, other than three people so thanks guys.
/nonseriouspostbutcomeonidontwanttopostfiftytimes

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Okay I am under the serious impression that nobody likes me or my roster, other than three people so thanks guys.
/nonseriouspostbutcomeonidontwanttopostfiftytimes
Seriously, I think this whole forum needs more Gifs + Images of Athena and Naoto. :bluejump: And I did Like your Roster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, no new character is really a shoo-in of sorts. Not even Ridley or King K. Rool. I wouldn't even call Mewtwo's return a guarantee either. Ridley could end up as an Assist like he was planned for Brawl. But I still doubt the hazard thing, It looks like a rising lava stage, like every other Metroid stage we've seen in the series. And again, I feel that he would have been shown by now. Dragging it on, only to show a popular character is a background element doesn't raise hype. Like at all, it just makes people disappointed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wonder how people would react if Little Mac was still an assist trophy. :troll:

Speaking of which, here's my "realistic" roster. Please note the dripping sarcasm. Two cuts from Brawl, a new gen Pokemon and a new Fire Emblem rep.

Disclaimer: This roster does not depict my views in any way shape or form, viewer discretion is advised, may not be suitable for all ages. Please don't sue me.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Eh, no new character is really a shoo-in of sorts. Not even Ridley or King K. Rool. I wouldn't even call Mewtwo's return a guarantee either. Ridley could end up as an Assist like he was planned for Brawl. But I still doubt the hazard thing, It looks like a rising lava stage, like every other Metroid stage we've seen in the series. And again, I feel that he would have been shown by now. Dragging it on, only to show a popular character is a background element doesn't raise hype. Like at all, it just makes people disappointed.
The closest character I think to being a shoo-in is Little Mac. The Boxing Ring is an example.
So would Virtual Boy Zone!
Oh god, I don't want to play in a Virtual Boy Stage. Too much red. There would need to be a Nester's Bowling reference too.

Speaking of which, here's my "realistic" roster. Please note the dripping sarcasm. Two cuts from Brawl, a new gen Pokemon and a new Fire Emblem rep.

Disclaimer: This roster does not depict my views in any way shape or form, viewer discretion is advised, may not be suitable for all ages. Please don't sue me.
No Random, 0/10 :troll:

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
It's like kicking a puppy 100 times before shooting it. It will make fans angrier at this point. Doesn't create hype, creates people getting mad. Look at what happened the first day of the stage reveal.
It does create hype, because people sit here forever screaming about it, making move sets and stories, waiting to wake up and see news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Say, why don't we try and be optimistic? Anyone got a handheld series that they'd like to see get a character?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Because it goes against what Sakurai has done for other characters. When he revealed Peach, he immediately revealed Toad, when he started with ATs, he immediately revealed Skull Kid and later Starfy, when he did the hazards, Yellow Devil and the Emperor were not too far behind the stage reveals. Sakurai has not dragged out these deconfirmations before and doing so now would lead to more backlash then before.
As for you, consider Sakurai wasn't aware that these random characters had such large fanbases. And perhaps he's seen the spam everywhere, especially on Miiverse, asking for Ridley. He wouldn't want to turn them away from the game before he's introduced someone or thing for them to have to buy the game over, otherwise they'd be so crushed over Ridley they'd turn their heads.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Say, why don't we try and be optimistic? Anyone got a handheld series that they'd like to see get a character?
Kid Icarus, seeing how 2 of the 3 installments were Handheld Games.
Though if we are being honest here..... geez, I actually don't know!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kid Icarus, seeing how 2 of the 3 installments were Handheld Games.
Though if we are being honest here..... geez, I actually don't know!
Yeah, so you want the Green Haired Giant or Snake Head? Maybe you're a fan of the Lord of Darkness. Or that Human Dude with the club.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think there is a LOT of Ridley denial. Like more than Toad. Not saying it's denial to think he'll be in the game. But, for such terrible and invalid reasons to dismiss the evidence suggesting otherwise.
There's hardly any evidence to support either side really. Nothing to say he's in, nothing to say he's out.

However, that's nothing compared to Toad. Toad was outright disconfirmed, and hos supporters are grasping at straws. There is evidence to support the idea that Toad isn't playable. With Ridley there's nothing as of yet.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
GUYS, I've got the perfect roster. Every plausible request is accounted for!

...I don't want to hear any complaints
Impa. :troll:

Also, why is there a random slot where Rayman should be? :troll:

Also missing Waluigi, Ninten, Viridi, Magnus, Isabelle, Goomba, Geno, Sora, Goku, and Banjo of all things. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
  • More holes than usual
  • Sakurai outright stating that he'll appear at any minute as the first comment on the stage
He didn't outright say it was Ridley, and even if he did, there's no telling what he meant by that.

The holes don't mean anything as of yet either until we know what is supposed to come out of them. These arguments are about as strawman as the Toad supporters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If that was intended to be offensive, well I only have one thing to say;

Screw you.

If it wasn't;

Funny.
Woah, calm down. No need to get your pants in a bunch. No offense was meant in my words. :p Besides, I'm all for another KI character.

GUYS, I've got the perfect roster. Every plausible request is accounted for!

View attachment 5653

...I don't want to hear any complaints
More Metroid, less Fire Emblem. :troll:

I would say Steel Diver, but that ship has sailed.
Curse you Carlos! Curse you and your whole family!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
He didn't outright say it was Ridley, and even if he did, there's no telling what he meant by that.
Yeah, it must have been Kraid. And just because there is no confirmation what he meeant doesn't meant there is no telling.

The holes don't mean anything as of yet either until we know what is supposed to come out of them. These arguments are about as strawman as the Toad supporters.
Except Toad was deconfirmed entirely so no it's actually not.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Oh come on.
That's the exact area in Other M where you fight Ridley.
Until we get an image where Kraid comes up from the lava, he was referring to goddamn Ridley, there's no question on that.
The real dilemma is if he is a stage hazard or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom