• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Do you think Mii will be a playable character? Why? Yes, because Miis are gaming icons and important to Nintendo's history.
Do you want Mii to be a playable character? Why? I am indifferent. I will never use them, but I understand why they are there.
Do you think the Pilotwings stage and Find Mii stage signify anything? Why? Yes, every character should get a home stage.
Do you think Mii would create problems online? What are those problems and how big would they be? Not a lot, just a lot of people who want to play as themselves. I never run into anything vulgar when playing Mario Kart.
Do you think Mii can have a fun and interesting moveset? Why? I think that the Miis will have a generic kitchen-sink moveset, because that's what made them famous: casual sport and party games. I feel that the customization gimmick is enough to make up for a boring moveset though.
Do you believe in the Little Pac Miis rumor? Why? Yes, because Wii Fit Trainer.
Did you think Mii had a good chance of being in before the rumor? Why? Yes, because Miis are very important Nintendo characters.
You're right, that was fun.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Let's try this questionnaire!
Do you think Mii will be a playable character? Why?
Somewhat. He/She is a very iconic, deserving, and important character.

Do you want Mii to be a playable character? Why?
I suppose so. It'd be kind of cool. Like having ROB.

Do you think the Pilotwings stage and Find Mii stage signify anything? Why?
Pilotwings no. Find Mii, yes. I don't think he'd add it if not for Mii, but then again he might have.

Do you think Mii would create problems online? What are those problems and how big would they be?
No. Everyone playing as Mii wouldn't be an issue because unlike Mario Kart they have their own moves and abilities. What your Mii's name is or what they look like shouldn't matter.

Do you think Mii can have a fun and interesting moveset? Why?
Yes, they have plenty of source material, but then again it's not all unique and there is so much of it that most might be considered insignificant.

Do you believe in the Little Pac Miis rumor? Why?
I believe he is in the game, but not Pac-Man

Did you think Mii had a good chance of being in before the rumor? Why?
Yes. For the above reason.

Don't think so.
Why?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, there's 2 holes, Sakurai said he might appear at any minute, the hole seems rather small from the distance of the only shot with characters (But that might be an illusion), one hole which wasn't originally there is conveniently shaped like his head.

What should I assume?
That these are the same arguments that we've been over for months now.
I don't know why they are coming to your attention now.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That these are the same arguments that we've been over for months now.
I don't know why they are coming to your attention now.
Because I've never heard anyone debate it yet. Just "yes he is" or "no he's not"

Or at least I haven't heard anyone explain why this doesn't necessarily make him a stage hazard.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Let's try this questionnaire!

Do you think Mii will be a playable character? Why?
Do you want Mii to be a playable character? Why?
Do you think the Pilotwings stage and Find Mii stage signify anything? Why?
Do you think Mii would create problems online? What are those problems and how big would they be?
Do you think Mii can have a fun and interesting moveset? Why?
Do you believe in the Little Pac Miis rumor? Why?
Did you think Mii had a good chance of being in before the rumor? Why?

Get to it.

These questionnaires are fun actually...

Expect others like this soon.

Don't think so.
I like this idea!
1- There's a chance, it seems that people won't ever give up about it. Give me a solid arguement and then I will decide.
2-
Never get old of using this.
3-No, not really. They are just variety!
4-Yes, it's called World War II and Michael Jackson. They will get big and annoying.
5-Fun? No. Interesting? Possibly.
6- "Always believe rumors are false." ESPECIALLY a rumor that keeps changing it's story!
7- I don't think the rumor changed it's chances. So yes.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Because I've never heard anyone debate it yet. Just "yes he is" or "no he's not"

Or at least I haven't heard anyone explain why this doesn't necessarily make him a stage hazard.
I mean, there's a big chance that he is.
(Get it?)
But you seemed pretty sure a few days back that he wasn't.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Here's the problem with Ridley being a stage hazard: Yellow Devil and the Dark Emperor (Find Mii monster) were both revealed alongside their respective stages. Ridley, however, is nowhere to be seen even though we've gotten a ton of of Pyrosphere pics and even video footage in the Rosalina trailer. Why not showcase him when you've done so with two other stage hazard monsters?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Your reaction to: No Mii, No Takamaru, No Ridley, No Pac-Man, No King K. Rool, No Palutena, No Issac?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Your reaction to: No Mii, No Takamaru, No Ridley, No Pac-Man, No King K. Rool, No Palutena, No Issac?
No Mii: Meh.
No Takamaru: As long as I get a good retro I'll be okay.
No Ridley: This is expected more than the others. I'll be upset, but it's something I can get over and I'll just support Ridley for Smash 5.
No Pac-Man: Meh.
No K. Rool: Pissed, especially if we don't get another DK character.
No Palutena: Pissed.
No Isaac: Never expected him anyway. Although I like him.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here's the problem with Ridley being a stage hazard: Yellow Devil and the Dark Emperor (Find Mii monster) were both revealed alongside their respective stages. Ridley, however, is nowhere to be seen even though we've gotten a ton of of Pyrosphere pics and even video footage in the Rosalina trailer. Why not showcase him when you've done so with two other stage hazard monsters?
That's really not a good reason.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Because Sakurai works in his own way.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Why not drag it out? Creates hype and doesn't crush the dreams of those who want him until they have other reasons to get the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No Mii: sad.
No Takamaru: meh.
No Ridley: Not suprised
No Pac-Man: Oh no. *eyeroll*
No K. Rool: Lame.
No Palutena: Real Lame.
No Isaac: I don't really mind. At all.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Mii: I'll get over and support it for Smash 5
Takamaru: Disappointed, but as long as we get a good retro, I won't fully complain
Ridley: If it happens, it happens. The arguments will continue to Smash 5
Pac-Man: I don't give a damn. After what I'm seeing with one user on IGN, I don't want Pac-Man in
K Rool: Pissed, but wouldn't complain if Dixie gets in
Palutena: Pissed
Isaac: Pissed

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mii: I'll get over and support it for Smash 5
Takamaru: Disappointed, but as long as we get a good retro, I won't fully complain
Ridley: If it happens, it happens. The arguments will continue to Smash 5
Pac-Man: I don't give a damn. After what I'm seeing with one user on IGN, I don't want Pac-Man in
K Rool: Pissed, but wouldn't complain if Dixie gets in
Palutena: Pissed
Isaac: Pissed
But, how realistic would you consider it?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Okay, fixed my 45 character roster.

Activating PSI Flame Sheild!
Hmm...
Well Lyn is gone, so that's disappointing.
And Ridley. Aaaaaand Palutena. Well isn't that great.
Lip should probably be kicked for Takamaru.
Miis and Palutena are somewhat necessary.
Vaati is unnecessary. Replace him with Palutena, preferably.
Then you have a Louie G. approved 45 character roster.
Although 48-50 is my bet. I think the roster'll be bigger than everyone thinks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Hmm...
Well Lyn is gone, so that's disappointing.
And Ridley. Aaaaaand Palutena. Well isn't that great.
Lip should probably be kicked for Takamaru.
Miis and Palutena are somewhat necessary.
Vaati is unnecessary. Replace him with Palutena, preferably.
Then you have a Louie G. approved 45 character roster.
Although 48-50 is my bet. I think the roster'll be bigger than everyone thinks.
Ridley being seen as Boss/Stage Hazard material makes me think Palutena might be seen as more Secret Taunt, Background, Final Smash material.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So Ridley...stage hazard?
Probably not. If he was, they would have shown Ridley attacking other characters by now. Much like the gimmicks of other stages being shown already. Even Yellow Devil was shown as a hazard/boss.

I'll be dissapointed. Well not for the Miis, they can rot in a hole. But everyone else you listed would be coo characters to play as. The only one to look forward to would be Dixie Kong and Little Mac.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Pac-Man needs to not happen, okay? Thank you. Bye.
Why's he in your sig then?
:p
Ridley being seen as Boss/Stage Hazard material makes me think Palutena might be seen as more Secret Taunt, Background, Final Smash material.
I thought you said you still believed in Ridley.
And Palutena is somewhat incomparable to Ridley. While Ridley has had a major boss role in the past, Palutena was part of Pit's Final Smash. Which is likely to change anyway.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Why not drag it out? Creates hype and doesn't crush the dreams of those who want him until they have other reasons to get the game.
Because it goes against what Sakurai has done for other characters. When he revealed Peach, he immediately revealed Toad, when he started with ATs, he immediately revealed Skull Kid and later Starfy, when he did the hazards, Yellow Devil and the Emperor were not too far behind the stage reveals. Sakurai has not dragged out these deconfirmations before and doing so now would lead to more backlash then before.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think there is a LOT of Ridley denial. Like more than Toad. Not saying it's denial to think he'll be in the game. But, for such terrible and invalid reasons to dismiss the evidence suggesting otherwise.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
It's like kicking a puppy 100 times before shooting it. It will make fans angrier at this point. Doesn't create hype, creates people getting mad. Look at what happened the first day of the stage reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom