• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, it must have been Kraid.

Except Ridley, an enemy from Samus's past that is on Pyro Sphere.

Except Toad was deconfirmed entirely so no it's actually not.
Couldn't be Kraid because he wasn't in Other M. That isn't the point though. It is most likely Ridley, however that quote means absolutely nothing until it gets officially confirmed. That could mean so many things. Boss, stage hazard, Assist Trophy, Playable...literally anything. So to say that makes him disconfirmed is silly.

Your points are completely arbitrary.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sakurai was simply referencing Ridley in his quote on the first pic of the Pyrosphere. Actually, I recall a translation error being brought up at some point. IIRC he may have been indirectly referencing Ridley by mentioning Samus' trauma or something like that. I could be wrong though. But either way this doesn't make it more likely he'll be a stage hazard, it could mean anything. Heck, theres even a very slim chance he won't appear in the game at all.

And the fact that holes are present in the stage only helps suggest Ridley being a stage hazard is a possibility, it doesn't make said possibility more likely than the others. Rather, like many others have said, I'd say this possibility is made less likely by the fact that Ridley wasn't shown on the stage when it was first revealed, as well as the fact that the stage has been seen several times, with hardly any of the Pyrosphere photos that came after it showing anything significant regarding the stage itself.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So that IS the point.

Who said he was deconfirmed?
Well you yourself said that Ridley fans are like the Toad supporters. Toad is all but disconfirmed at this point as far as I'm concerned.

As I said. The points you made don't really point to anything definitive. While they could mean something, making it look like he's done isn't necessarily valid. The holes, the quote... They could mean anything (besides the quote most likely referring to Ridley).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well you yourself said that Ridley fans are like the Toad supporters. Toad is all but disconfirmed at this point as far as I'm concerned.
So because I compared the stubbornness of the Ridley fans that dismiss all evidence suggesting he may be a stage hazard to the stubbornness of Toad supporters, that technically means I said Ridley fans support Toad. :confused:

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I consider Ridley basically confirmed as a stage hazard at this point.

Seriously, if you all liked Nintendog as much as Ridley, everyone would be insisting the french bulldog trophy didn't disconfirm labrador retriever and bashing naysayers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That quote was rather vague though. It could simply be a reference. It could mean stage hazard. It could mean a playable character. It could even mean Ridley as an assist character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That quote was rather vague though. It could simply be a reference. It could mean stage hazard. It could mean a playable character. It could even mean Ridley as an assist character.
It could, but he was likely referring to a stage hazard. Like REALLY likely.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So because I compared the stubbornness of the Ridley fans that dismiss all evidence suggesting he may be a stage hazard to the stubbornness of Toad supporters, that technically means I said Ridley fans support Toad. :confused:
Nope. Not what I said at all.

It means that Ridley supporters do the same as Toad supporters as they continue to say he has a chance even though it's at the point where Toad is basically disconfirmed.

But Ridley has no such incriminating evidence against him. Sure. The possibilities are endless. But there is really no indication of what his fate will be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That quote was rather vague though. It could simply be a reference. It could mean stage hazard. It could mean a playable character. It could even mean Ridley as an assist character. I swear people are just looking too much into stuff sometimes. Can't we just wait to see Ridley's fate? Or at least talk about why he wasn't in previous games? Anything Ridley is more interesting than that quote and the too-big argument. What about his awkward body shape?

EDIT: Looked like I double posted.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I consider Ridley basically confirmed as a stage hazard at this point.

Seriously, if you all liked Nintendog as much as Ridley, everyone would be insisting the french bulldog trophy didn't disconfirm labrador retriever and bashing naysayers.
Most people who supported Nintendog considered him disconfirmed after it was shown as an Assist Trophy again actually.

And the major difference between the two is that we have actually seen the Nintendog as an Assist Trophy (and as a backround character in a stage) and was directly mentioned to be an Assist Trophy as well. We haven't seen Ridley in any form. He was only referenced in a single, rather vague quote.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The difference is that Toad was shown in broad daylight as a meat shield yet again, while people being idiots denied it. While Ridley has not been shown in anyway shape or form, literally the only thing being a very vague comment that is suggested to be translation manipulation anyway. That's not even mentioning it's been literally months and this supposed "stage hazard" hasn't been shown, when there wasn't any hesitance with doing the same for Yellow Devil or the Emperor.

Basically, it's reveal vs. no reveal.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The difference is that Toad was shown in broad daylight as a meat shield yet again, while people being idiots denied it. While Ridley has not been shown in anyway shape or form, literally the only thing being a very vague comment that is suggested to be a translation mistake anyway. That's not even mentioning it's been literally months and this supposed "stage hazard" hasn't been shown, when there wasn't any hesitance with doing the same for Yellow Devil or the Emperor.

Basically, it's reveal vs. no reveal.
Thank You!

Anyone want to talk about F-Zero? I really want to know if anyone wants another character. Not expect, genuinely want to see another fighter along with Captain Falcon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It could, but he was likely referring to a stage hazard. Like REALLY likely.
Why is that likely? Or better yet, what evidence do you have to prove it's likely over all of the other possibilities at the moment? Besides the role Ridley plays in Other M in that location, there's NOTHING that shows a definitive direction Ridley will be taken.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So we're going into the new year...
Arguing about Ridley.
Some things never change, am I right?
Next we'll talk about Fire Emblem and Impa. Little do we know, Nintendo is making Impa Emblem in 2015. So we'll get a certain someone in Smash 5.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The difference is that Toad was shown in broad daylight as a meat shield yet again, while people being idiots denied it.
When you say, "people being idiots" do you mean to say it like, "people being idiots" that the people were being idiots at that particular instance, or "people, being idiots" as if to imply that people are generally idiotic?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You are in fact implying that because I compared the LEVEL of stubbornness to Toad Supporters that I am in fact comparing what they supported and not how ridiculously they convince their selves that whatever they supported might not be happening.

It means that Ridley supporters do the same as Toad supporters as they continue to say he has a chance even though it's at the point where Toad is basically disconfirmed.

Why is that likely? Or better yet, what evidence do you have to prove it's likely over all of the other possibilities at the moment? Besides the role Ridley plays in Other M in that location, there's NOTHING that shows a definitive direction Ridley will be taken.
You don't seem to know the difference between definitive and likely as you clearly talk like it's the same thing. It's likely because when Sakurai showed off the stage, his first comment was that an enemy from Samus's past (none other than Ridley) will appear at any moment. So it's likely that because he made that comment on the STAGE, he was implying Ridley might appear in the stage at any moment when you play it.

@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero , @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones : Saying Sakurai would reveal him sooner than this is implying that he's consistent or doesn't do things the way he wants. This is implying every single little thing that Sakurai does has to follow a strict pattern.

Remember when Sakurai revealed veterans on significant dates and then DIDN'T reveal veterans on significant dates? Remember when Sakurai stated when a character is an Assist Trophy and then DIDN'T when Starfy and Phantom Zelda were revealed?

Not everything he does is as organized as you guys think it is.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When you say, "people being idiots" do you mean to say it like, "people being idiots" that the people were being idiots at that particular instance, or "people, being idiots" as if to imply that people are generally idiotic?
People being extremely naive to what is presented in front of them as not being legitimate and still trying to be incredibly persistent over something that is already confirmed for not playable.

May stupidity is the incorrect wording, maybe denial.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wonder who will have the year's last post in the ol' RPD.
Before 2014, I just want to say that you guys make Smashboards a place that I enjoy visiting everyday.
Thanks for the great year on Smashboards, hope the next one is great too. Looking forward to a lot more Smashing next year!

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
happy new year everyone ^_^
I wish you all a glorious new year =3
and to celebrate this moment I will post the very first roster of 2014, enjoy :bee:
Empty Roster.png

not biased at all eh :p:awesome::psycho:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy new year and junk. Here's to hoping that the next character revealed will be Captain Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom