• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If you're talking in terms of there not being a "main" character, yes. Rhythm Heaven has a huge cast of characters (some of them recurring), but no main protagonist (though "Rhythm Girl" is indirectly seen as one by some).

If you mean what you say in terms of "sticking out", then no. Plenty of characters "stick out", including Wrestler himself.
Karate Joe gets points for being in all RH titles and for his Karate Man game being the first game in the entire series you play.
However, outside of that, he isn't any more prominent that the rest of the characters.
How many of the games has the wrestler been in?

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Not Really, since the Year of Luigi is continuing into next year, s its not really the end of the year of Luigi.

WAIT! I HAVE A GOOD IDEA TO CLOSE THE YEAR ON!!!
Lets go into 2014, while thinking about the future of the Super Smash Bros. series.
AND I DONT MEAN SSB4!
I MEAN SSB5!
Here is what I have in mind.
Assume that SSB4 came out, and your personal prediction roster was completely correct.
Now use that roster as a base to make a SSB5 prediction roster!
While you are doing this, assume NO NEW SERIES CAME OUT!!
But, assume these games came out.

*Zelda WiiU, with Ganondorf as the main villain.
*Mother 1 and 3 are released in America in a remake bundle for WiiU, using 3D graphics similar to WWHD, and the games were known in America as Earthbound Zero and Earthbound2.
*Mother 4/Earthbound 3 was released for the new console a the time, which ill call the Thrii, and has a new main character who is a girl.
*Super Mario Galaxy 3 came out for WiiU.
*Super Mario Sunshine 2 came out for the Thrii.
*New Super Mario Bros for Thrii
*Yoshi Island for WiiU, with all the babies from Yoshi DS, and Baby Rosalina, and Baby Waluigi.
*WarioWare Thrii, with a redesigned Waluigi as a major character,
*Remake of Ruby/Sapphire for 3DS, and a Diamond/Pearl for the hypothetical 4DS.
*Pokemon Gen 7 came out featuring evolutions for Legendary Pokemon, with a Deoxys evolution as the big promotional Pokemon.
*A New Fire Emblem for Thrii with Roy as the main character.
*The inevitable Majora's Mask remake, but for WiiU.
*F-Zero for WiiU.
*Metroid Prime 4 for WiiU.
*Starfox 64 style Starfox game, with Marcus McCloud (Fox's son) as the main character, and his team.
*3D Donkey Kong Country game in the style of DK64, featuring K. Rool as the main villain, and playable characters being: Donkey Kong, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Lanky, and Kiddy being playable.
*Mega Man 11 for Thrii.
*3D Sonic game similar to Colors for Thrii.

And pretend that Nintendo bought back RareWare and made these games.
*Banjo Threeie for the WiiU.
*Conker 2 for WiiU.

Also note that SSB5 came out very early in the Thrii's lifetime.

SO GO DO THIS, TO CELEBRATE 2014, AND BE JOYFUL TO WHATEVER GREAT THINGS THE FUTURE MAY HOLD!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, and Dark Samus returns for Prime 4
I am going to do this but first i shall add in my own notes
* A new Startopics game came out for thrii
* Nintendo land 2 comes out and is a major game for the thrii
* Captain n comes back
* Nintendo crosses over with capcom
* Takumaru gets a new game
* Nintendo buys sega
* nintendo brings out a kart racer with lots of nintendo heroes
* New kid icarus game
* daisy is in the new mario games and impa is in the new zelda games
* new mischef makers for wiiu
* new zelda "toonverse" game

so ...

Reasons:
Toad is added due to him getting bigger and bigger roles , diasy is added due to getting in a real mario game , bowser jr is added in beucse of sunshine 2 , the kongs are added due to donkey kong becomeing a huge series , skull kid is added due to majora's mask 3d , toon zelda due to new new game , impa due to her being like toad * Getting bigger and bigger roles * , dark smaus due to her being back , magnus becuse has a a huge role in the new ki gamenew kirby helper is added , walugi due to new warioware , marcus and his " Side kick/love intest/foe " added due to new star fox , samari groro and new f zero hero added due t new f zero game , deoyas and blazeakin are added due to being big pokemon and meaoth bucse he is wanted the most , roy due to new fe game , ninten and " New mother girl " added due to those games ,banjo , gruntilda and conker added due to rare being with nintend , tails due t sega buyout and jack frost due to fe and smt crossing over more than once after the buy out , new takamaru rep added due to this case being like the kid icarus upriseing one , motia added due to nitneod lad haveing two games , capt n and mike due to new games , rayman and shante due to hype , marina due to new game , goku due to fourth partys being added .

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You realize I was joking about Marcus, right? And what's wrong with the plot? What's wrong with the rest of the game?
Aw come man you didn't get my overtime bit? I was messing with you. I never debate with you seriously.....ever (especially with that avatar....lol). Just so you know :p

@lonekonwolf can tell you about it if he wishes, i'm busy playing fire emblem.

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
Oh, I'd definitely take Hawlucha, RH Wrestler, Star Man, Amazon, or any other Ninty wrestler anyone can think of! Will any of them actually happen? Sadly, no.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So.... I just noticed manly and john are females now.... either they're messing around or I actually didn't realize.... weird as hell, but w/e

Happy new year everybody.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh, I'd definitely take Hawlucha, RH Wrestler, Star Man, Amazon, or any other Ninty wrestler anyone can think of! Will any of them actually happen? Sadly, no.
I would be thrilled if Hawlucha becomes Gen 6's Lucario or Zoroark or Blaziken.

So.... I just noticed manly and john are females now...
...what?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So.... I just noticed manly and john are females now.... either they're messing around or I actually didn't realize.... weird as hell, but w/e

Happy New Year to you, too, Zero! I can't remember John, but Manly I can. On TBD's roster, that's my dream.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

..What is this, I don't even? :crazy:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How many characters can we have?
60-70 characters.
Also, use these hypothetical events in addition to the ones I said.
* A new Startopics game came out for thrii
* Nintendo land 2 comes out and is a major game for the thrii
* Captain n comes back
* Nintendo vs Capcom is a thing
* Takumaru gets a new game
* Nintendo either buys Sega, or becomes EXTREMELEY CLOSE.
* nintendo brings out a kart racer with lots of nintendo heroes
* New kid icarus game with Magnus as a major character.
* Daisy is in the new mario games as a major recurring character, and impa is in the new zelda games as a major, Skyward Sword like role.
* New mischef makers for wiiu
* New zelda "toonverse" game

Bidoof, hate to be a naysayer, but this is for SSB4 discussion, so it's a pretty irrelevant topic.
OH! Because this thread is ALWAYS REALLY RELEVENT!
But seriously, it's just New Years Eve celebration.
As for MY SSB5 roster, I'll make it tonight and post it later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
They have a long way to go.
They barely had Marshal in RH Fever, the title he debuted in, and he's rarely used for promotion outside the franchise unlike the Monkeys, Wrestler, and Samurai Steve/Wandering Samurai.
Yeah that's why I said eventually.Correcet me if I am wrong, but wasn't he the minigame played during the credits?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

You're just jelly of my kawaii desu hat

and my happenen Cadillac!!!! (not really, it's a Honda) :ohwell:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
MY ROSTER
Backstory: I went over to sakurais for new year. I asked him about the roster, and all he told me was that all brawl veterans will return. I then asked him about newcomers, but he wouldn't say anything. He then got drunk and we had a game of Scrabble...
[spoilers]
image.jpg
[spoilers]

D

Deleted member

>now

♪ There's a lot of things you don't know~ ♪

Ask the BRoom, they might tell you what went down.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
MY ROSTER
Backstory: I went over to sakurais for new year. I asked him about the roster, and all he told me was that all brawl veterans will return. I then asked him about newcomers, but he wouldn't say anything. He then got drunk and we had a game of Scrabble...
[spoilers]View attachment 5628 [spoilers]
That's just awesome...I think it's missing something though...

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
So I missed the Wars/Fire Emblem discussion, but I just wanted to chime in anyways cuz I'm an ego.

Wars is by no means a small series; it had both console and handheld releases along with Fire Emblem in Japan. Fire Emblem probably wouldn't have gotten the huge footing it has in the US now without a Smash rep, so I don't think the size or importance of the series itself is the reason we haven't seen a Wars rep.

With all the similarities between the two series (including the same genre and developer), there's one crucial difference. Wars has the fighting done by generic, nameless soldiers, while Fire Emblem makes stories and characters out of the warriors themselves. When you look at the two series, Fire Emblem simply has the most interesting people to add as characters in a fighting game. This was reflected in Brawl; whereas we got assist trophies for both series, the FE trophy was a single character, while Wars was a nameless army.

Wars is a fantastic series and it would be astounding to see more representation--a battlefield stage with hazards consisting of tank and plane fire would be awesome--but it just doesn't have the enduring characters that get many people excited to actually play as. Sure you could make Andy work, he could definitely get a moveset, but he's just not as exciting as characters in Fire Emblem or most other Nintendo franchises because he doesn't do much but give orders to people.

He's still a possibility, sure, but it's not too surprising to me that we haven't seen a Wars rep, as much as I love it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They're just messing around, I'm sure.

I wish I knew why though.........actually I think I don't want to know
No, Manly and I just lost a bet and had to reveal that we're girls. :facepalm:

At least N3ON is helping me be okay with it, and giving me moral support. Me seeing how some people treated her first when she stepped out of the closet as a girl and other similar events held me back from revealing my name.

Also, my brother joining SWF recently made me feel the need to finally step out as a female.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if we got a quote from Sakurai saying "I didn't add Chrom because I felt we had enough blue haired swordsmen." Then he laughs. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom