• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Alright, I was serious about Waddle Dee, so I'll do it.

PROS:
+ Important Kirby Character
+ Spear moveset hasn't been seen yet

CONS:
- Sakurai's Modesty

That's all I got so far. Nobody's really touched upon this yet.
I would add to the pros,popular in Japan and easy to develop, and for the cons,can be part of a Dedede's attack or an AT.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
NeoGAF goes somewhere inbetween FAQs and Miiverse. They seem to think Ridley is obviously too big and that Chrom is inevitable. Other than that they're generally fine. And IGN is only near the top because most of IGN's Smash speculators. are here on Smashboards as well.
Just wondering, how many of us are actually on IGN :chuckle:? :smash: (I am, for example)
[And I think their logic is pretty absurd sometimes which is why I stick with SB]

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So if every installment of Smash must award a new character to a franchise that hasn't gotten one yet...does that mean Palutena is confirmed? I mean there aren't any other franchises to give another character that haven't gotten one yet.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So if every installment of Smash must award a new character to a franchise that hasn't gotten one yet...does that mean Palutena is confirmed? I mean there aren't any other franchises to give another character that haven't gotten one yet.
Not that I had any doubt in Palutena in the first place. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just wondering, how many of us are actually on IGN :chuckle:? :smash: (I am, for example)
[And I think their logic is pretty absurd sometimes which is why I stick with SB]
I used to have an account there, but I left after some mechanical issues prevented me from being able to log in. It should still be there though, so maybe I'll try again since there's some old friends I'd like to talk to.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've been on IGN and while it's illogical more often, it's usually not much worse than this sites logic. At least the people there aren't narcissists.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I've been on IGN and while it's illogical more often, it's usually not much worse than this sites logic. At least the people there aren't narcissists.
There be dark corners of the IGN universe. Try Pre-Brawl there.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
im on ign under the same name, but I mostly just go there to comment on reviews and articles. I have dipped my head into the boards everyone once in awhile, but they are a bit much over there.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Those aren't exactly franchises that need another rep.
That's not the issue. It's that they don't have any viable characters to pick from. (except Shy Guy imo) But, I know that won't happen.

Toad is Peach's shield = Bandana Dee can be Dedede's projectile.
One Toad is meat sheild = no Toad of any kind or color playable
One Waddle Dee is projectile = No Waddle Dee playable

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and happy early new year one and all! It's a happy time to celebrate the coming of a new year, so why are we discussing pros and cons, Ridley having some kind of huge hatebase, and IGN? Seems like quite the depressing note to close the year on.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well, and happy early new year one and all! It's a happy time to celebrate the coming of a new year, so why are we discussing pros and cons, Ridley having some kind of huge hatebase, and IGN? Seems like quite the depressing note to close the year on.
So let's talk about Luigi!
Surely that is the best way to close 2013.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
That's not the issue. It's that they don't have any viable characters to pick from. (except Shy Guy imo) But, I know that won't happen.

One Toad is meat sheild = no Toad of any kind or color playable
One Waddle Dee is projectile = No Waddle Dee playable
It's the distinction.
Blue Toad was a concept that was created for a 4th player because they didn't put in Peach for NSMBW.
Bandana Dee has been a recurring character and has existed for a long time, since Super Star. He was pulled out to be player 4 in Return to Dreamland when they could have just pulled out Gooey, who is a big cop-out. Bandana has a lot more distinction because not only is he not an emotionless color swap, but he has character, charm, and actual differences. He's been depicted as slightly bigger, a reddish shade, actually speaking and having some sort of personality. He's a lot more fleshed out than generic Mushroom Hat Boy.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For the record, Waddle Dee and Toad are more comparable than you may think.
Waddle Dee runs the Triple Deluxe Streetpass after all.
Waddle Dee.png

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
For the record, Waddle Dee and Toad are more comparable than you may think.
Waddle Dee runs the Triple Deluxe Streetpass after all.
View attachment 5615
Personally, while that may be true, there's tons of Toads that look exactly the same. I think that Blue Toad is an absolute abomination of lazyness, much would have rather had Toadsworth playable. Seriously, that would actually be pretty cool.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Personally, while that may be true, there's tons of Toads that look exactly the same. I think that Blue Toad is an absolute abomination of lazyness, much would have rather had Toadsworth playable.
But Blue Toad is a reference to Super Mario Bros 2.

Obviously.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeahhh no
is there a reason why KI is more deserving of a new character than the likes of Yoshi's Island or Warioware? (I can sorta see that it deserves one over F-Zero, though)

and don't give me "Kid Icarus has just had a revival, it MUST get a new character!" because that's stupid, Yoshi is also getting a revival, with TWO games to his name, and Warioware had a game come out only this year! F-Zero though is kinda dying if it weren't for Nintendo land

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Personally, while that may be true, there's tons of Toads that look exactly the same. I think that Blue Toad is an absolute abomination of lazyness, much would have rather had Toadsworth playable. Seriously, that would actually be pretty cool.
But the Blue Toad was actually an awesome character in 3D World, considering he made the low time limit levels super easy. In the level where you have to catch the goal pole, Toad's the only one that can actually outrun the goal pole.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
But the Blue Toad was actually an awesome character in 3D World, considering he made the low time limit levels super easy. In the level where you have to catch the goal pole, Toad's the only one that can actually outrun the goal pole.
I think that Toad's abilites are amazing in 3D World and Doki Doki Panic.
I just wish that it was Toadsworth instead of a generic little fella. :(

D

Deleted member

Bandana Waddle Dee is not comparable to Toad.

One is a legitimate established character that is getting prevalence as of late. (Dee)
The other is a falsified "character" based around outside media to the games of the franchise whose species has received prevalence as of late. (Toad)

"Blue Toad" is more comparable to Bandana Waddle Dee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Palutena is a lot more popular of a choice than Kamek or Ashley.
So there's that.
yeah, I can accept that, it's a good reason for the character specifically to be added. I'm more talking about how important series are, and how deserving certain franchises are of getting a new character.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
On a slightly related note...

Sakurai has given in. AMERICAN ANGRY KIRBY PREVAILS!

So here's an alt to my current roster. Version 7.4 X. Oooooh, yeah! It's got an X in it.
View attachment 5617
The alternate is Lyn. I still support Roy because he's the next most important and popular and is supposedly getting a remake. But, I wanted to try one with Lyn just in case Sakurai goes for the more unique character. It wouldn't be implausible considering he picked Rosalina over Paper Mario and Bowser Jr.
I like this roster, not bad. No freaking cuts!

Gripes:
-I'd say Ridley or Palutena, but I've heard your own thoughts about the two.

9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom