• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
yeah, I can accept that, it's a good reason for the character specifically to be added. I'm more talking about how important series are, and how deserving certain franchises are of getting a new character.
Id say if anything that first trailer with the series it outright named and the characters it revealed might mean those are the frontrunners. It might not too, but id say they put out the series that hold the most water right now.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Those aren't exactly franchises that need another rep.
And yet Kid Icarus does? It just became revived while Wario has a full cast of characters and has been around lately in more than one game. I'm all for Palutena (Clearly) but I would say that they don't need one less than some of the others.

D

Deleted member

>implying series need reps... The fact that people still think in these terms disappoints me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai has given in. AMERICAN ANGRY KIRBY PREVAILS!
Sakurai hasn't worked on Kirby since Kirby and the Amazing Mirror in 2004, and hasn't been a lead for a Kirby project since Kirby Air Ride in 2003.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
is there a reason why KI is more deserving of a new character than the likes of Yoshi's Island or Warioware? (I can sorta see that it deserves one over F-Zero, though)

and don't give me "Kid Icarus has just had a revival, it MUST get a new character!" because that's stupid, Yoshi is also getting a revival, with TWO games to his name, and Warioware had a game come out only this year! F-Zero though is kinda dying if it weren't for Nintendo land
If Mother has 2 and people want one or 2 more and the series is pretty much dead what stops KI from having at least one more?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Id say if anything that first trailer with the series it outright named and the characters it revealed might mean those are the frontrunners. It might not too, but id say they put out the series that hold the most water right now.
ah, forgot about that, that might be a good enough reason that KI is prioritized.

If Mother has 2 and people want one or 2 more and the series is pretty much dead what stops KI from having at least one more?
it being prioritized less then other series. seriously, that was a weak argument, we all know that Lucas was in just to promote Mother 3. and while the same COULD be done with KI, the new character added wouldn't be the main character and wouldn't have the same effect as Lucas and Mother 3.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So let's talk about Luigi!
Surely that is the best way to close 2013.
Not Really, since the Year of Luigi is continuing into next year, s its not really the end of the year of Luigi.

WAIT! I HAVE A GOOD IDEA TO CLOSE THE YEAR ON!!!
Lets go into 2014, while thinking about the future of the Super Smash Bros. series.
AND I DONT MEAN SSB4!
I MEAN SSB5!
Here is what I have in mind.
Assume that SSB4 came out, and your personal prediction roster was completely correct.
Now use that roster as a base to make a SSB5 prediction roster!
While you are doing this, assume NO NEW SERIES CAME OUT!!
But, assume these games came out.

*Zelda WiiU, with Ganondorf as the main villain.
*Mother 1 and 3 are released in America in a remake bundle for WiiU, using 3D graphics similar to WWHD, and the games were known in America as Earthbound Zero and Earthbound2.
*Mother 4/Earthbound 3 was released for the new console a the time, which ill call the Thrii, and has a new main character who is a girl.
*Super Mario Galaxy 3 came out for WiiU.
*Super Mario Sunshine 2 came out for the Thrii.
*New Super Mario Bros for Thrii
*Yoshi Island for WiiU, with all the babies from Yoshi DS, and Baby Rosalina, and Baby Waluigi.
*WarioWare Thrii, with a redesigned Waluigi as a major character,
*Remake of Ruby/Sapphire for 3DS, and a Diamond/Pearl for the hypothetical 4DS.
*Pokemon Gen 7 came out featuring evolutions for Legendary Pokemon, with a Deoxys evolution as the big promotional Pokemon.
*A New Fire Emblem for Thrii with Roy as the main character.
*The inevitable Majora's Mask remake, but for WiiU.
*F-Zero for WiiU.
*Metroid Prime 4 for WiiU.
*S.arfox 64 style Starfox game, with Marcus McCloud (Fox's son) as the main character, and his team.
*3D Donkey Kong Country game in the style of DK64, featuring K. Rool as the main villain, and playable characters being: Donkey Kong, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Lanky, and Kiddy being playable.
*Mega Man 11 for Thrii.
*3D Sonic game similar to Colors for Thrii.

And pretend that Nintendo bought back RareWare and made these games.
*Banjo Threeie for the WiiU.
*Conker 2 for WiiU.

Also note that SSB5 came out very early in the Thrii's lifetime.

SO GO DO THIS, TO CELEBRATE 2014, AND BE JOYFUL TO WHATEVER GREAT THINGS THE FUTURE MAY HOLD!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, and Dark Samus returns for Prime 4

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Never again call it the Thrii.

This isn't a bad idea...
YEAH!! Someone agrees!

I know Thrii sounds stupid, but come on, it just sounds like something Big N would do nowadays.
I'll give it another name like.......
The 2018, just because that should be around the time the next console should arrive.

Oh, and when making it also assume this.
Dark Samus returns in Prime 4.
All the games I said for the "Thrii" are launch titles, alongside Smash 5, and Sakurai was fully aware of all the "Thrii" launch titles before he finalized the roster.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
>implying series need reps... The fact that people still think in these terms disappoints me.
It's not the word need itself, it's just of what a series needs to fully be represented, in some cases like Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser is what people would agree that they're important to appear before anyone else from the series.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not Really, since the Year of Luigi is continuing into next year, s its not really the end of the year of Luigi.

Lets go into 2014, while thinking about the future of the Super Smash Bros. series.
AND I DONT MEAN SSB4!
I MEAN SSB5!
Assume that SSB4 came out, and your personal prediction roster was completely correct.

*Mother 1 and 3 are released in America in a remake bundle for WiiU, using 3D graphics similar to WWHD, and the games were known in America as Earthbound Zero and Earthbound2.
*Mother 4/Earthbound 3 was released for the new console a the time, which ill call the Thrii, and has a new main character who is a girl.
*Yoshi Island for WiiU, with all the babies from Yoshi DS, and Baby Rosalina, and Baby Waluigi.
*Pokemon Gen 7 came out featuring evolutions for Legendary Pokemon, with a Deoxys evolution as the big promotional Pokemon.
*F-Zero for WiiU.
*S.arfox 64 style Starfox game, with Marcus McCloud (Fox's son) as the main character, and his team.
*3D Donkey Kong Country game in the style of DK64, featuring K. Rool as the main villain, and playable characters being: Donkey Kong, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Lanky, and Kiddy being playable.
*Mega Man 11 for Thrii.

*Conker 2 for WiiU.

SO GO DO THIS, TO CELEBRATE 2014, AND BE JOYFUL TO WHATEVER GREAT THINGS THE FUTURE MAY HOLD!!!!!!

*cough* *cough*

D

Deleted member

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but...isn't the series kinda like Warioware in that it doesn't really have any characters that stick out (except Rhythm Haven doesn't have a Wario)?
If you're talking in terms of there not being a "main" character, yes. Rhythm Heaven has a huge cast of characters (some of them recurring), but no main protagonist (though "Rhythm Girl" is indirectly seen as one by some).

If you mean what you say in terms of "sticking out", then no. Plenty of characters "stick out", including Wrestler himself.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but...isn't the series kinda like Warioware in that it doesn't really have any characters that stick out (except Rhythm Haven doesn't have a Wario)?
Funny you should say that because the team that made WarioWare also made Rhythm Heaven, if I recall correctly. That explains why the animation is similar.

There's Karate Joe, but I don't know how prominent he is in the series. Need to do more research.

-----

D

Deleted member

Karate Joe gets points for being in all RH titles and for his Karate Man game being the first game in the entire series you play.
However, outside of that, he isn't any more prominent that the rest of the characters.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think they want to make Marshall the mascot of rhythm heaven, and I'm sure they will get around to doing it eventually.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

AND I DONT MEAN SSB4!
I MEAN SSB5!

*F-Zero for WiiU.
*Mega Man 11 for Thrii.

*Conker 2 for WiiU.

s5 Roster.png

Zelda character TBD on Zelda U. Pokemon character is Deoxys evo.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Can't wait for Star Fox: The Next Generation. That way people can start talking about how Marcus is going to replace Fox.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Two things:

What if Genesect gets in over Mewtwo simply for being a newcomer? Sakurai could be considering newcomers over him since his comment on Mewtwo was "We're thinking about it."

Also, what if Lip gets in as the retro and Takamaru is an assist trophy. That might be a likely outcome.

D

Deleted member

I think they want to make Marshall the mascot of rhythm heaven, and I'm sure they will get around to doing it eventually.
They have a long way to go.
They barely had Marshal in RH Fever, the title he debuted in, and he's rarely used for promotion outside the franchise unlike the Monkeys, Wrestler, and Samurai Steve/Wandering Samurai.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

Well excuse me princess.

Anyway, for anyone that gives two about my idea, also note that the new console has the capabilities to hold 70 characters, and Sakurai said he wants to use the console's full capabities. (Basically it needs to have 70 chracters)

And Sakurai's aim is to add unique characters.

Can't wait for Star Fox: The Next Generation. That way people can start talking about how Marcus is going to replace Fox.
ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS TRUE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Except that command wasn't cannon
ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS TRUE!!!!
Something that's not canon isn't true. Again, SF command wasn't canon and I can't wait for the next SF so people can forget about the fail that was command.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Except that command wasn't cannon

Something that's not canon isn't true. Again, SF command wasn't canon and I can't wait for the next SF so people can forget about the fail that was command.
Sakurai doesn't care about what's canon and not canon. Also Command was only a fail because it was touch screen. Despite that it was every step in the right direction and would have been a huge success.

I just wish they'd release Star Fox 2, that was the best one by far. I played it on Homebrew.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Sakurai doesn't care about what's canon and not canon. Also Command was only a fail because it was touch screen. Despite that it was every step in the right direction and would have been a huge success.

I just wish they'd release Star Fox 2, that was the best one by far. I played it on Homebrew.
Sakurai isn't gonna work OVERTIME to add a weird character like marcus. Whether he cares or not, marcus is not gonna happen.

It was a fail because of the plot and other reasons.... the touch pad thing could have been better than it was on the DS.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai isn't gonna work OVERTIME to add a weird character like marcus. Whether he cares or not, marcus is not gonna happen.

It was a fail because of the plot and other reasons.... the touch pad thing could have been better than it was on the DS.
You realize I was joking about Marcus, right? And what's wrong with the plot? What's wrong with the rest of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom